Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Please say it's their original jersey.

And it's on the 30th, you say....?  :angel:

Don't feel bad.  I'm the one with the affliction.   :wacko:

I do have the original "Picasso" white jersey and the brick red AZ Coyotes jersey.  I have my white goat head Sabre jersey and the classic white jersey.  I guess we can take a vote on what I should wear. :)   I have always worn a Sabre jersey and I think I'm 5 for 6 in Sabre wins.  Yep, a vote is needed. 

I think the Hopi ("Picasso") jerseys are some of the best in sports. Why they went away from them is beyond me, especially considering the milquetoast effort that replaced it. They had something truly unique to their part of the country and they abandoned it.

Edited by Neuvichs Perchatka

Not sure where to put this but...interesting derrr Nolan quote“You have enough just to get where we get to and not enough to get on the other side. That’s part of the process you have to go through when you’re in a situation that we are,” Nolan said. “We’re right there. If we had a [Tyler] Seguin on our side, maybe the game is switched. Ummmm, we are trying to get one of those types Teddy...his name is McDavid/Eichel and ur in it up for us!

That the Sabres and Coyotes are tanking (and the Oilers are enviously looking on) is no secret at this point. But you can't just come out and say you're tanking; you have to talk around it.

I'm actually a little nervous that both Zona and Bflo will be too obvious about it in the upcoming games, leading to some embarrassing moments and possible repercussions from the league. It will be interesting to watch, kind of like a train tank wreck.

Sometimes I wonder where Nolans head really is, if he's in all the way on the tank he's pretty tricky. He's loyal to a fault to his boys which is admirable but not helpful in this endeavor.

He knows he's getting canned in the summer, he might as well coach as best he can.

That the Sabres and Coyotes are tanking (and the Oilers are enviously looking on) is no secret at this point. But you can't just come out and say you're tanking; you have to talk around it.

I'm actually a little nervous that both Zona and Bflo will be too obvious about it in the upcoming games, leading to some embarrassing moments and possible repercussions from the league. It will be interesting to watch, kind of like a train tank wreck.

I watched the Yotes game last night.  You can't convince me that Arizona was not trying to win that game.  They may be a bad hockey team, but from Doan on down they were hitting, blocking shots and most incredibly winning faceoffs.  Mike Smith is doing everything in his power to keep them in games.   If Arizona puts Smith in goal, they are going to be a tough opponent for the Sabres.  All things considered, that first game will be a very entertaining game, IMO.  If Arizona starts Domingue, then they are trying to tank that game.

Edited by wjag

The only thing these teams can do to help tank is adjust the roster. Once the puck is dropped these guys are professionals and whoever is in that game is trying to win. After watching both these teams play the last two nights it is obvious.

If anything, I think Nolan has his guys believing it is them against the world. I wouldn't be surprised if he went as far as a speech that included something similar to " hey listen this team was put together to lose. Odds are most of you, and me, will not be here in the future. Let's go out there and ram this tank up their ass".

I watched the Yotes game last night. You can't convince me that Arizona was not trying to win that game. They may be a bad hockey team, but from Doan on down they were hitting, blocking shots and most incredibly winning faceoffs. Mike Smith is doing everything in his power to keep them in games. If Arizona puts Smith in goal, they are going to be a tough opponent for the Sabres. All things considered, that first game will be a very entertaining game, IMO. If Arizona starts Domingue, then they are trying to tank that game.

Yep, even with a handful of guys taking their foot off the gas the yotes get blown out last night. It's like we've always said, players don't ever, ever tank.

Yep, even with a handful of guys taking their foot off the gas the yotes get blown out last night. It's like we've always said, players don't ever, ever tank.

Absolutely.

Shane Doan has not taken a shift off his entire career.  He is there to teach what it means to be a professional athlete in every sense of the word.

Absolutely.

Shane Doan has not taken a shift off his entire career.  He is there to teach what it means to be a professional athlete in every sense of the word.

The man deserves better than to captain a squad to a 30th place finish.  Here's to hoping his teammates follow his lead and keep battling hard and (in an NHL version of the word) successfully.

The man deserves better than to captain a squad to a 30th place finish.  Here's to hoping his teammates follow his lead and keep battling hard and (in an NHL version of the word) successfully.

Just yankin' your chain, but you could also be talking about Gionta.

My feelings are well know.  I will be glad when this season is behind us.  Regardless of how it all plays out.

I am looking forward to next season when we will all be cheering Sabre goals and wins.  And I don't mean that as a shot at anyone.  We are all fans of the Sabres.

My feelings are well know.  I will be glad when this season is behind us.  Regardless of how it all plays out.

I am looking forward to next season when we will all be cheering Sabre goals and wins.  And I don't mean that as a shot at anyone.  We are all fans of the Sabres.

;)

I initially thought this too, but now I really can't say for sure if teams are tring to tank. We seen it with the Sabres and we saw it with the Yotes last night. Every loss is huge at this point, but they're still winning games they have no business winning.

I initially thought this too, but now I really can't say for sure if teams are tring to tank. We seen it with the Sabres and we saw it with the Yotes last night. Every loss is huge at this point, but they're still winning games they have no business winning.

When you come right down to it the Sabres have had no business losing (CHL) well over half of the games that they've lost all year.  The great aberration of late November into December is the only reason this thing is still in question.

I watched the Yotes game last night.  You can't convince me that Arizona was not trying to win that game.  They may be a bad hockey team, but from Doan on down they were hitting, blocking shots and most incredibly winning faceoffs.  Mike Smith is doing everything in his power to keep them in games.   If Arizona puts Smith in goal, they are going to be a tough opponent for the Sabres.  All things considered, that first game will be a very entertaining game, IMO.  If Arizona starts Domingue, then they are trying to tank that game.

It really is puzzling. The teams no doubt understand what's going on with the tank. At times they appear to be all in on the tank and then they win a game they have no business winning (Yotes against Detroit, Sabres against Boston, etc.) There's probably a fear of repercussions from the league if they're too blatant about it, but on some level they have to be aware of the tank at some level each team wants to tank (maybe no lower than the GM level but who knows?)

In this case, wouldn't it be unsharted territory?

I don't think that's grammatically correct  :rolleyes:

I think GIonta came in with eyes wide open.  They probably told him there'd be at least one terrible season and then the team would be on the upswing.  A player of his credentials and quality can take that without crumbling and to be part of a new team build late in a career that takes several seasons can be pretty rewarding I would think.  

Bear in mind, though, that Gionta was brought in with that understanding.  Doan has been with the Coyotes his whole career, including some good times.  It must be tougher on him because he's all in on the Coyotes.  So if they've down, he might question himself... is he part of the problem?  Gionta isn't; he was brought in to be part of the solution.

Most of us have played organized sports on some level, I played baseball into my college years and I'm a very competitive person. But I can't begin to imagine the level of competitive fire that burns in the belly of a professional athlete. I just can't believe that even if an athlete were to entertain the fleeting thought of tanking for the greater good of the franchise, that that notion would last for even one millisecond once he steps on the ice.  These guys just aren't wired for it.  We've all heard how pissed they get when reporters ask them about tanking.  It's offensive to who they are at their very core and I don't blame them one bit for getting testy.  When it appears that players might be in on the tank it's because collectively as a team they just aren't very good.