Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Current standings through games played into 2/3.  (TO & Candy Canes not included)

Team         GP L  W OT PT MPP PR RPTC

Buffalo      51 33 15 3 69 131 62 59

Edmonton     51 28 14 9 65 127 62 63

Arizona      51 26 19 6 58 120 62 70

Carolina     49 26 17 6 58 124 66 70

Toronto      51 25 22 4 54 116 62 74

New Jersey   51 22 20 9 53 115 62 73

Philadelphia 51 22 22 7 51 113 62 75

Columbus     49 24 22 3 51 117 66 77

MPP = Maximum Possible Points

PR = Points Remaining

RPTC = Remaining Points needed to Clinch 1st Place (will necessarily be > than PR for all (w/ likely exception of team currently in 1st))

Still waiting for results from out west. Eulers only team in action tomorrow. Would be nice if they blow 2 more points.

I don't mind this loss. 14-1 is beyond solid for the CHL, and we avoid the futility records. Kinda get to have our cake and eat it too type of deal. 

Good news is, Arizona lost, and we're still in first.

Even better news is that they still can drop a game and hold onto 1st. Eulers playing Pens tomorrow COULD give Sabres back their 5 point cushion.

We're on our way there.   If anybody thinks this is bad, wait until after the trade deadline passes and they play 9 of 13 on the road in March.

I thought this exact thing tonight thinking about Stafford, Stewart and Enroth gone for picks to be turned into players in the off season.

Current standings through games played into 2/3.  (TO & Candy Canes not included)

Edmonton     51 28 14 9 65 127 62 63

Carolina     49 26 17 6 58 124 66 70

Toronto      51 25 22 4 54 116 62 74

PR = Points Remaining

RPTC = Remaining Points needed to Clinch 1st Place (will necessarily be > than PR for all (w/ likely exception of team currently in 1st))

Still waiting for results from out west. Eulers only team in action tomorrow. Would be nice if they blow 2 more points.

Even better news is that they still can drop a game and hold onto 1st. Eulers playing Pens tomorrow COULD give Sabres back their 5 point cushion.

I've stayed out of this thread and am leaving it now. I'm afraid if I look into these stats my way of life will become permanently warped and I'll never again see sunshine. Bye.

If we're gonna suck, I wanna set records, I'm personally sad for the loss tonight, any wins hurt us, I'd be OK with 31-0 for the rest of the season

This is the first loss I've felt indifferent about in a while. I want to gain more breathing room, but people around here were getting understandably pushy about not breaking futility records that some of us don't care about. Glad that's over. Now rattle off ten more in a row.

By the way, that was a lovely article by Jeremy White. He basically dares other CHL teams to get on our level, but mocks them for not having the guts or brains to do it fast enough. He praises the 'Bres for committing to the tank well before any other team was comfortable doing so, potentially giving us the advantage we needed to run away with this thing.

This is the first loss I've felt indifferent about in a while. I want to gain more breathing room, but people around here were getting understandably pushy about not breaking futility records that some of us don't care about. Glad that's over. Now rattle off ten more in a row.

I guess that's it's not the best to be attached to such futility, but Damn it we would have owned it, unlike much else.... I'll probably hit a few more live games this year (since they're super cheap on stub hub) and while I'll cheer at the game I know that if we lose (win) I'll still leave in an OK mood. if this is truly only meant to be short term futility then so be it, I can live. However if the carrion extends for a couple more seasons then I may need to start a new physiological/psychological thread.

Agreed. almost glad about the result last night but lets get back at it and rattle off another streak of 8-10 wins in a row. Wont feel true comfort util this thing is wrapped up and sealed, signed and delivered.

Yep.  As last night showed, any team can win on any given night.  Let's get this thing right back on track.  Great news that Arizona lost but the leafs just continue this winning streak and it's making me uneasy.

Toronto has had a rough last 10, but they built up too large of a lead to compete with us at least. They could still compete with Arizona/NJ/Columbus to get a better lottery ticket, but they're too far behind us to be a serious contender in my view. 

What I wouldn't mind as if the Sabres won as well at any time that they were still four points up on any other team. If we were to go 31-0 want to know as one of our posters said earlier we would likely lose the prospects on the team. I have no interest in starting at square one again.

So for example if the Oilers win in their upcoming game in Buffalo get allowed to win against St. Louis. And that works with any other team that may come close such as Phoenix or Toronto or even the LA Kings. Six points might be a bit more conservative but I wouldn't mind seeing the Sabres win more than 20 games this season

No.  I hope we go on another big winning streak and have this thing out of reach.  Then when it's mathematically sealed (in the best case scenario) there would be 7 or 8 games left in which we can cheer for losses (wins) at that point.  This season is already a lost cause, finish this thing and win the damn Shart!!

Edited by Derrico

<carrion speak="off">

The month of Feb will require a strong stomach as EDM is on the road for 6 straight and BUF has 8 home games against some weaker opponents.  

in March (post trade deadline) EDM has a 6 game homestand while BUF plays only 4 at home, and ARI plays 10 of 14 at home.

If all goes according to plan, we'll have The Shart locked up by the time we have our home and home vs ARI.    

</carrion>

Current standings through games played 2/4.

Edmonton     52 29 14 9 67 127 60 61

Carolina     50 26 17 7 59 123 64 68

Toronto      52 26 22 4 56 116 60 72

PR = Points Remaining

RPTC = Remaining Points needed to Clinch 1st Place (will necessarily be > than PR for all (w/ likely exception of team currently in 1st)

Sabres and Filly in action and Candy Canes visiting Desert Dogs in a 4 bagger. A 1 pointer would be perfect as 3 and 4 meet up for an epic battle.

Edited by Taro T

Toronto has had a rough last 10, but they built up too large of a lead to compete with us at least. They could still compete with Arizona/NJ/Columbus to get a better lottery ticket, but they're too far behind us to be a serious contender in my view. 

I wouldn't count the laughs out at this point. They could have a huge sell off of that roster at the deadline and go beast mode the rest of the way.

I wish WGR wouldn't talk in absolutes about getting Eichel yet.  They were talking this morning about how Hodgson might get bought out because one of his main attributes is PP scoring but with guys like Reinhart, Eichel etc. they won't need him.  We're only 4 points away from Edmonton (2 Carrion points) not 14.

Connor McDavid just did a live interview this morning, if any one can find the audio and post it it's a great interview.

Rocket 101 Erie, PA 9:00 am

If you can't, he is a great young man. When asked about playing in Buffalo earlier this year with the Erie Otters and the Sabres fan base hoping the Sabres are able to draft him..

"....that be cool !, I grew up a Bills fan, the Pegula's are great owners, they treat their players great, they really got something going with the Harbor Center, and the hockey facility is great...."

I listened to the whole interview, this was not scripted, this was just an 18 year old letting everyone know how he felt.

The recent win against the Hab's had me wavering on the Tank, but his 10 minute interview hardened my resolve, I really like this young man.

Connor McDavid just did a live interview this morning, if any one can find the audio and post it it's a great interview.

Rocket 101 Erie, PA 9:00 am

If you can't, he is a great young man. When asked about playing in Buffalo earlier this year with the Erie Otters and the Sabres fan base hoping the Sabres are able to draft him..

"....that be cool !, I grew up a Bills fan, the Pegula's are great owners, they treat their players great, they really got something going with the Harbor Center, and the hockey facility is great...."

I listened to the whole interview, this was not scripted, this was just an 18 year old letting everyone know how he felt.

The recent win against the Hab's had me wavering on the Tank, but his 10 minute interview hardened my resolve, I really like this young man.

One win and you're questioning the tank? It took me 10 wins in 13 games to fall apart. Hold it together soldier.

One win and you're questioning the tank? It took me 10 wins in 13 games to fall apart. Hold it together soldier.

Exactly. Regardless of how bad the team is, we all know that we'll get points somehow. We've now beaten Montreal 3X - sometimes that just happens. I expect a solid end to the week when we welcome in St. Louis, Dallas, and NYI. If we lose tonight, we're guaranteed to gain more ground on either Carolina/Arizona (they play each other - root for OT!)

I wasn't questioning the realities of the tank, logically it's the path with the greatest chance of success, my wavering was whether I could keep faithfully watching such a down and out team. They are wearing down my good karma, then, Connor spoke to me while driving.....

Edited by Woods-Racer