Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

According to Sports Club Stats, the Sabres have a 76.72-percent chance of finishing between 49 and 60 points, with the most likely scenario finding them finishing with somewhere between 54 and 57 points. In comparison, the Edmonton Oilers have the best chance of finishing with somewhere between 60 and 64 points.

That translates to an 81-percent chance the Sabres finish 30th this year, with Thursday night's game between the two likely to push that significantly up or down depending on the result. 

*This was before the Edmonton game. Chances of Sabres finishing 30th went up a small margin. 

It's at 91% this AM.

Edited by BRAWNDO

At the 50-game spot last season the Sabres were in last in the regular standings by three points but had played four less games than Edmonton. 

The top of the Carrion standings would've been:

Team -----   GP L  W OT PTS MPP

Edmonton     54 32 16 6 70 126
Buffalo      50 29 14 7 65 129  
Calgary      48 27 18 7 61 129

For comparison's sake, here is the bottom three right now:

Team -----   GP L  W OT PTS MPP
Buffalo      50 33 14 3 69 133 
Edmonton     49 27 13 9 63 129 
Arizona      48 25 17 6 56 124

Awesome. 10% increase is not a small margin. Tank on!

The Yotes convincing win over the Sens, and the Canes being up 2-0 remind us how tenous the Sabres Lead is in the CHL. This winning streak may be approaching CHL History, but we must not lose sight of the fact there are over 30 games to go

Current standings through games played into 1/31. (Waiting on Eulers)

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS - MPP

Buffalo 50 33 14 3 69 133

Edmonton 49 27 13 9 63 129

Arizona 49 26 17 6 58 124

Carolina 49 26 17 6 58 124

Toronto 51 25 22 4 54 116

New Jersey 50 22 19 9 53 117

Philadelphia 51 22 22 7 51 113

Columbus 48 23 22 3 49 117

MPP = Maximum Possible Points

Did relegation tonight and reduced league by 2 teams by popular demand. Only teams at or above 0.500 currently in. Out: Otters, Minny, and Avs. In: the Toronto Make Us Laffs. The Loafs petition was too strong to ignore; they were 1st in goals/game in 2014 and 30th in January. Now THAT is a team that takes it's tanking seriously. But though they were strong in their tank, they still lost 3 points on the Sabres. (Near perfection can't top perfection.)

Yotes the only CHL squad playing on Super Bowl Sunday.

Edited by Taro T

Well after watching Edmonton storm back in the third to win a game in regulation when down by two going into the final frame and Arizona using their 5th string goalie and going up 2 0 less than five min into the game today it made me realize the shart is far from locked up.

Too little, too late. If teams aren't in the running now, there just won't be enough time post-deadline to catch up.

The team with the worst goal diff has finished last 15 of the last 16 years. BUF is -85, 30 goals worse than the next team ARI. Combine that fact with our historically inept advanced stats, and it's almost an impossibility that BUF doesn't finish in last place.

IMO the gap will only widden after the trade deadline.

Current standings through games played 2/1.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS - MPP

Buffalo 50 33 14 3 69 133

Edmonton 50 28 13 9 65 129

Arizona 50 26 18 6 58 122

Carolina 49 26 17 6 58 124

Toronto 51 25 22 4 54 116

New Jersey 50 22 19 9 53 117

Philadelphia 51 22 22 7 51 113

Columbus 48 23 22 3 49 117

MPP = Maximum Possible Points

Eulers only team in action on Ground Hog's Day assuming they know the way to San Jose.

I got a sudden feeling of sadness when I read this. That or some type of burning desire.

"As if millions of voices suddenly cried out int terror, and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened." 

Coincidentally though I'm playing as the Erie Otters in a drop-in game on eashl for NHL 15

Edited by WildCard

I got a sudden feeling of sadness when I read this. That or some type of burning desire.

No. You were right the first time. It's sadness. Hoping to be the worst because you just saw a team be the best makes me want to get a sledgehammer and go to the Puppy Bowl and pretend it's a Whack-a-Mole.

"As if millions of voices suddenly cried out int terror, and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened." 

Coincidentally though I'm playing as the Erie Otters in a drop-in game on eashl for NHL 15

Didn't you mean to post that in the football thread? ;)

No. You were right the first time. It's sadness. Hoping to be the worst because you just saw a team be the best makes me want to get a sledgehammer and go to the Puppy Bowl and pretend it's a Whack-a-Mole.

Doubt you'd do too well, puppy's are pretty fast.

Didn't you mean to post that in the football thread? ;)

Both threads make me feel this way  :lol:

And people tell me I'm crotchety.

And people tell me I'm crotchety.

No one is more crotchety than Swamp is when he thinks about the tank.

And yet he finds his way into a thread dedicated solely to the tracking and promotion of said tank.

I believe this to be the Enroth Strain of the Stockholm Syndrome.