Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Current standings through games played 3/5.

Team         GP  L  W OT PT MPP PR RPTC CPM

Buffalo      64 40 19  5 85 121 36 34   18.5

Edmonton     64 36 18 10 82 118 36 37   13.8

Arizona      65 37 21  7 81 115 34 38   12.7

Toronto      65 34 26  5 73 107 34 46    8.2

Carolina     62 31 24  7 69 109 40 50    8.1

Columbus     63 33 26  4 68 106 38 51    8.5

CPM = Current probability of landing McDavid based off probabilities of finishing in a particular slot per sportsclubstats.com and lottery weighting - last updated 3/6 in AM

Desert Dogs leave 2 points on the table and Sabre Tank Nation breathes; well that part of it which hadn't already asphyxiated does. ;)

The 4 that didn't play last night play tonight. Sabres in Otter-land.

Edited by Taro T

I don't think we could have avoided the tank as long as Regier was in charge.  He was awful.  The team slowly declined under his watch until it was too late and Murray had to rip the band aid off as quick as possible.  It hurts but only for a bit.  I can't understand those who complain about the recent purge of talent.  None of that "talent" was signed.  Arizona better not choke away a point or two tonight.  They had a lead and stopped playing...Hmmm.

a thing of beauty. Great post

One more loss and ties by Vancouver and Peg secures 15th place overall.  Almost in the lottery!

One more weak... er week of this garbage should secure 24 place, then it gets a little more difficult as the smell rises.

Edited by Fargenov Iceholeski

BUF @ OTT

BUF who began March with 3-0 victory over TB, look to improve to 2-0 on their current 4 game road swing.    Ocho Cinco gets the nod between the pipes.   Meanwhile, OTT has been putrid of late, going 2-7-1 over their past 10.  They'll ride the ice cold Andrew Hammond who has been an absolute sieve, recording a 1.35 GAA and 0.957 SV% over his last 8 games.    

EDM @ CHI

EDM 6-3-1 in their last 10, look to avoid a 2 game losing streak against CHI tonight at the madhouse on Madison.    CHI 3-5-2 in their last 10 are looking ahead to their matchup on Sun vs the NYR.    This is a trap game.   I'd be shocked if EDM did not lose this game.

I made a table for the draft odds soes we can piss and moan about how much it blows to finish 29th:

gV6qfNv.jpg

If we finish 29th instead of 30th, the chance of landing McEichel drops from 100% to 33.5%.

Great chart - Thanks!  And you are right.  Anyone complaining about tanking should write the NHL.  What a stupid lottery system!

Great chart - Thanks! And you are right. Anyone complaining about tanking should write the NHL. What a stupid lottery system!

They should write the NHL and thank them. Because they're changing the system next year.

They should write the NHL and thank them. Because they're changing the system next year.

All they're doing is making the first 3 lottery picks. Same odds tho if you finish last you could pick 4th.

Comeback complete as the Sabres erase a two goal deficit to take a commanding 3-2 lead in the third.

Edited by pi2000

You do realize that's a gigantic change, right?

It think it's worse than it is now. The last place team (or 2nd or 3rd last) could pick 4th? What justice is there in that?

Let's say you finish in 4th, 3 teams behind you get the top 3 picks. Suddenly you're picking 7th. Fair? Hardly. I hate draft lottery systems because it means you have to get lucky to improve your team. They don't do it in football and it's worked fine for decades in the NHL.

It think it's worse than it is now. The last place team (or 2nd or 3rd last) could pick 4th? What justice is there in that?

Let's say you finish in 4th, 3 teams behind you get the top 3 picks. Suddenly you're picking 7th. Fair? Hardly. I hate draft lottery systems because it means you have to get lucky to improve your team. They don't do it in football and it's worked fine for decades in the NHL.

I wasn't saying anything about fairness... I was responded to somebody who demanded change to the system.