Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

This is not going to end well. We finish second and pick third. Just the way things go. Hate to be that negative but it is just the way it is meant to be.

And if we do so be it. I just never want to go through this type of shizit again. Whatever the end result of this draft WE JUST NEED TO BE DONE WITH THIS!! Reached the point of "whatever".

Edited by sicknfla

This is not going to end well. We finish second and pick third. Just the way things go. Hate to be that negative but it is just the way it is meant to be.

And if we do so be it. I just never want to go through this type of shizit again. Whatever the end result of this draft WE JUST NEED TO BE DONE WITH THIS!! Reached the point of "whatever".

Geez man show some backbone will ya? At least in the CHL thread. If you go to the Edmonton and Arizona boards they have their chicken littles crying the same thing. We are gunning for the shart with all we've got, relax and let the chips fall where they may...

As far as next season I don't know of a single poster or media member who thinks the losing on purpose continues next year no matter where we end up picking in the 2015 draft.

Geez man show some backbone will ya? At least in the CHL thread. If you go to the Edmonton and Arizona boards they have their chicken littles crying the same thing. We are gunning for the shart with all we've got, relax and let the chips fall where they may...

As far as next season I don't know of a single poster or media member who thinks the losing on purpose continues next year no matter where we end up picking in the 2015 draft.

No I am not going to relax. For some reason after the deadline I feel a level of disgust that I don't care. This tank and everything about it is an embarrassment. On top of that the prize - most likely Eichel - to me is just not worth it. To strip an organization down to this disgusting level for one player is crazy.

So everyone in here can go and bash the hell out of me. It don't bother me. Having my team put the 21 players out on the ice that we are right now is what bothers me. Complete and utter embarrassment. Shart or no shart.

No I am not going to relax. For some reason after the deadline I feel a level of disgust that I don't care. This tank and everything about it is an embarrassment. On top of that the prize - most likely Eichel - to me is just not worth it. To strip an organization down to this disgusting level for one player is crazy.

So everyone in here can go and bash the hell out of me. It don't bother me. Having my team put the 21 players out on the ice that we are right now is what bothers me. Complete and utter embarrassment. Shart or no shart.

You keep repeating that fallacy that it is about one player nit is not. It is about many players, namely the old core. That is now gone. The process of getting rid of those started 3 years ago. We now have Risto,Zemgus, Samson, Zad, Bailey, Bogosian,Kane and 2015 picks whoever they may end up being. I am done with the tear down and what it entails, and look forward to the new house. But it was never about one player. That is simply the best case scenario.

You keep repeating that fallacy that it is about one player nit is not. It is about many players, namely the old core. That is now gone. The process of getting rid of those started 3 years ago. We now have Risto,Zemgus, Samson, Zad, Bailey, Bogosian,Kane and 2015 picks whoever they may end up being. I am done with the tear down and what it entails, and look forward to the new house. But it was never about one player. That is simply the best case scenario.

You listed 7 players and whatever picks we get this year. You happy with that?? Three years of complete teardown for the players you listed above. I would have expected more than the 7 players you listed. Several of those names should be followed with a ?.

You listed 7 players and whatever picks we get this year. You happy with that?? Three years of complete teardown for the players you listed above. I would have expected more than the 7 players you listed. Several of those names should be followed with a ?.

Yes. The new plus the subtraction of the old. I also do not believe we are done adding talent to the roster and the farm. I like the type of players we are adding and believe we are heading in the right direction.

I feel like on most teams somewhere between 7-10 players is your core.  You figure you have 5 forwards you keep, 2-3 defenders and a goalie.  So theoretically after this draft the new core will be in place.  Also in 3 years we realistically could have added 3 players which is what EDM does, 1 1st round pick per year.  Instead we added Zemgus, Ristolainen, Zadorov, Reinhart, 2015?, and also Kane and Bogosian (former 1st rounders).  Plus you can add Ennis to the mix because he too qualifies as part of the new core.  I am not really sure how you would expect a team to do more in such a short amount of time, especially considering DR presided over 2 of the 3 years we are talking about.  

So nearly two full season into this thing, after it's crystal clear to everyone what GMTM is doing, it was this recent deadline and the shipping out of UFA's that everyeone expected or a player who clearly had no future here that has raised your anxiety and frustration to a new level? Would sitting where say Toronto or Carolina are right now, out of the shart race have been worth it?  Because that's the absolute ceiling of what could have been done with the team this year.

Go watch 2008-2012 again then because that's what would have continued without the teardown.

Or go watch the Rangers, because that's what would have happened without a teardown.

:devil:

Exactly.  This didn't become necessary until the team started the 2012 season with one center with NHL experience.  Geez, in 2010 they won the division.

Exactly.  This didn't become necessary until the team started the 2012 season with one center with NHL experience.  Geez, in 2010 they won the division.

A certain GM loved his undersized players and building from the wings.

I wonder how differently things would have worked out if Buffalo had been in on Kyle Turris and Derrick Brassard when they were moved.

From a depth chart/role perspective, you can look at the teardown roughly like this:

Vanek ---> Kane

Myers ---> Bogosian

Pominville ---> Girgensons

Stafford ---> Moulson

Gaustad ---> Fasching

Regehr ---> Gorges

Sekera ---> Zadorov

McNabb ---> Deslauriers

Enroth ---> Johnson

You could also say Armia/Lemieux roughly equals this year's Islanders 1st and 2nd.

We never really acquired anyone specific to replace Roy, or Miller.

Instead, we got futures:

* Compher, Bailey, Cornel, Karabacek, Martin, Larsson, Carrier

* a 2nd and two 3rds that we have yet to use

* cap space to use this summer

* an opportunity to pick Reinhart and potentially a top three pick in June.

The question shouldn't be, "are you happy with this", but "why are you upset with this"? That looks like it has a shot at a solid group young guys. If you want more than "looks like", you probably shouldn't be worried about sports since there a no (few?) sure things.

I think it's safe to assume that if Mike Smith is wearing one, it's a puck going through a coyote.

And getting lodged in his butt?

From a depth chart/role perspective, you can look at the teardown roughly like this:

Vanek ---> Kane

Myers ---> Bogosian

Pominville ---> Girgensons

Stafford ---> Moulson

Gaustad ---> Fasching

Regehr ---> Gorges

Sekera ---> Zadorov Risto

McNabb ---> Deslauriers

Enroth ---> Johnson

Roy ------> Ennis

You could also say Armia/Lemieux roughly equals this year's Islanders 1st and 2nd.

We never really acquired anyone specific to replace Roy, or Miller.

Instead, we got futures:

* Compher, Bailey, Cornel, Karabacek, Martin, Larsson, Carrier

* a 2nd and two 3rds that we have yet to use

* cap space to use this summer

* an opportunity to pick Reinhart and potentially a top three pick in June.

I would argue the above changes but yeah the futures should cover it.