Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Lindback is looking like the front runner for the Golden Sieve.   Chad Johnson will get his chance, but Lindback has all the tools needed to make a run down the stretch here.   Scrivens and Smith are also in the running, but both have too much experience, they'll struggle to compete with the dynamic duo in Buffalo.    

"He gazed up at the enormous scoreboard. Two and a half years it had taken him to learn what kind of joy was hidden beneath the dark score. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two Labatt Blue-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved The Tank."

…just waiting for the bullet.

Last game of the season. Sabres need a win to clinch McEichel. ...And they are either 1) playing against a team that needs the win or tie.OR--2) they are tied with the some other team in the 3rd.Time running out.

Would /could the league take action against the sabres if they accidentally put one in their own net?

Last game of the season. Sabres need a win to clinch McEichel. ...And they are either 1) playing against a team that needs the win or tie.OR--2) they are tied with the some other team in the 3rd.Time running out.

Would /could the league take action against the sabres if they accidentally put one in their own net?

Probably. Seems easier to just get a few too many men penalties or hooking calls. Perhaps you try a little less hard to chase down that breakaway etc.

That said, players don't tank. They might try less hard (why wouldn't you? why kill yourself for nothing), but they won't try and lose

Probably. Seems easier to just get a few too many men penalties or hooking calls. Perhaps you try a little less hard to chase down that breakaway etc.

That said, players don't tank. They might try less hard (why wouldn't you? why kill yourself for nothing), but they won't try and lose

what if some young player in there for the sabres tries to be a hero and takes a slapshot with a few seconds left to tie the game and ruin the tank??(in the heat of action some pro sports players----GB TE-----do some awfully dumb things)

or even what if there are a few minutes left and the sabes are leading....strict 'don't shoot' orders from ted??

lets hope it doesn't come down to this....-could get weird.

Lindback is looking like the front runner for the Golden Sieve.   Chad Johnson will get his chance, but Lindback has all the tools needed to make a run down the stretch here.   Scrivens and Smith are also in the running, but both have too much experience, they'll struggle to compete with the dynamic duo in Buffalo.

I know lindback deserves a chance to play after being here, but I'm surprised johnson is not going to be considered the starter since he has a year left on his contract. Or do we buy him out end of season?

I know lindback deserves a chance to play after being here, but I'm surprised johnson is not going to be considered the starter since he has a year left on his contract. Or do we buy him out end of season?

Johnson getting the next start. He will have a shot at the coveted award.

Edited by Derrico

what if some young player in there for the sabres tries to be a hero and takes a slapshot with a few seconds left to tie the game and ruin the tank??(in the heat of action some pro sports players----GB TE-----do some awfully dumb things)or even what if there are a few minutes left and the sabes are leading....strict 'don't shoot' orders from ted??lets hope it doesn't come down to this....-could get weird.

No. The players will play to win. You would need to ice a sled hockey team to garauntee a fail. The replacements don't care about the draft, hell the new kid could relegate them to the A for the rest of there career. Besides you don't want any of the young core to not try...ever! Management did what it could to handicap this race, the chips will fall as they will fall. The tank is for all intents and purposes is over. Whether it is a success or not remains to be seen.

No. The players will play to win. You would need to ice a sled hockey team to garauntee a fail. The replacements don't care about the draft, hell the new kid could relegate them to the A for the rest of there career. Besides you don't want any of the young core to not try...ever! Management did what it could to handicap this race, the chips will fall as they will fall. The tank is for all intents and purposes is over. Whether it is a success or not remains to be seen.

I agree but teams routinely sit stars leading up to the playoffs to rest them. Days off to mend sore bones etc. This stuff happens all the time so if the team were to sit i.e. healthy scratch certain players I don't see the league doing anything of consequence about it.

I agree but teams routinely sit stars leading up to the playoffs to rest them. Days off to mend sore bones etc. This stuff happens all the time so if the team were to sit i.e. healthy scratch certain players I don't see the league doing anything of consequence about it.

Mystery injuries to their top players and goalie.

Did anybody see the goal that Mike Smith let in last night? He jumped over the puck. It was going high off the stick but deflected low and he just looked like an idiot. No clue why a goalie would ever jump. Especially considering it looked like the original shot was heading way over his head anyways...

I know that, but you have to dress someone. And that person isn't thinking about tanking so the organization can draft a wunderkind making him expendable. And I do not think absent a direct order from the owner, that TN sits anyone as a healthy scratch. He would effectively be done in the locker room and probably the league.

Besides have 12/18 games at home, the Coyotes easily have the hardest (regular jargon) schedule out of the CHL top 3. The Sabres play a heavy dose of the East's worse and the Coyotes 2x, and Edmonton gets a few of the East's cellar dwellers before ending the season in April against Kings 2x, Ducks, Sharks, Canucks, and Flames. Similarly the Coyotes play all of the Western playoff contenders in Sharks 2x, Flames, Canucks, and Ducks. In both cases the Yotes and BP are playing fringe playoff teams; teams that will need those points and won't just coast against them.

The Sabres, meanwhile, get the exact opposite. We end with the Leafs, Blackhawks, Islanders, Canes, BJs, and Pens. 

It makes it easier to understand the fire-sale Murray had at the deadline, especially getting rid of Neuvirth. The two games against the Yotes are no doubt must lose games. Problem is, first one is at home, after a 2 day rest. Hopefully the Sabres going out to Colorado then Arizona for a brief road trip helps us a little, before coming home to face the Laughs.

tl;dr, I'm nervous. This thing is far from over. I still think we can do it, and should, but do I wish we played in the West for one season

Edited by WildComrade

The rest of the way:

Arizona's opponents are a combined 596-421-125. Only two games against a team with a losing record... And they're both against us.

Edmonton's opponents are a combined 555-437-147. Four games against teams with a losing record (Columbus twice, Toronto, Carolina).

Buffalo's opponents are a combined 547-460-136. Six games against teams with a losing record (Toronto twice, Arizona twice, Columbus, Carolina). 

The rest of the way:

Arizona's opponents are a combined 596-421-125. Only two games against a team with a losing record... And they're both against us.

Edmonton's opponents are a combined 555-437-147. Four games against teams with a losing record (Columbus twice, Toronto, Carolina).

Buffalo's opponents are a combined 547-460-136. Six games against teams with a losing record (Toronto twice, Arizona twice, Columbus, Carolina). 

A much more condensed and legible version of my post, solid work Tank. 

"He gazed up at the enormous scoreboard. Two and a half years it had taken him to learn what kind of joy was hidden beneath the dark score. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two Labatt Blue-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved The Tank."

…just waiting for the bullet.

This is why I come here ....

I know that, but you have to dress someone. And that person isn't thinking about tanking so the organization can draft a wunderkind making him expendable. And I do not think absent a direct order from the owner, that TN sits anyone as a healthy scratch. He would effectively be done in the locker room and probably the league.

I see your point. Fair enough.

Magic Numbers for games played through 3/4

Winnipeg, Vancouver, Minnesota - 4

Calgary - 7

Los Angeles, San Jose - 8

Boston - 9

Florida - 11

Dallas - 12

Ottawa, Colorado - 13

Philadelphia - 14

New Jersey - 16

Toronto - 23

Columbus - 24

Carolina - 25

Arizona - 33

Edmonton - 34

Nashville, Montreal, NY Islanders, Anaheim, NY Rangers, Tampa Bay, Detroit, St Louis, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Washington - Clinched

(Italics is the current magic number for playoff elimination)

Very little action tonight. Nobody clinched tonight and nobody can clinch tomorrow.

Edited by Tank

Did anybody see the goal that Mike Smith let in last night? He jumped over the puck. It was going high off the stick but deflected low and he just looked like an idiot. No clue why a goalie would ever jump. Especially considering it looked like the original shot was heading way over his head anyways...

That's just blatant. Take away their pick!  :angel:

The rest of the way:

ARI is at home for 8 of their next 10. BUF only has 4 home games in March. That evens out the difficulty of the opponents.

ARI is at home for 8 of their next 10. BUF only has 4 home games in March. That evens out the difficulty of the opponents.

Based on what? Arizona has the worst home record in the league and is much better on the road this year...