Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Not sure where to put this, but a French Canadian Radio Station was discussing this morning a rumor that Tim Murray is preparing to resign as the Sabres GM. I believe they are feeding off what Murray said shortly after his uncle was diagnosed with cancer, that if this has come out sooner he might not have taken the job with the Sabres

FWIW The main host did not believe it, the co host said there might be some merit to it.

Murray is 6 months away from an offseason/draft that will probably define how his career as part of this organization will go. I might just turn in my fan card if he walked away from the job.

What would happen next? Bring back LaLa? Bring back Regier?

This would be devastating.

Not as devastating as having a guy that doesn't want to be here overseeing a complete rebuild. If he wants to quit his first GM job then adios buddy.

Pretty sure TP has some avenues he could take contractually that would make it difficult for TM. On the other hand if your TP and your GM wants out what do you do?

Here is the translation of what was said: Thanks to Sabre Tett for the translation

Sabre Tett @SabreAnalyst · 2h2 hours ago

"
With his uncle dying of cancer he can be there for him and take the torch as GM in Ottawa. This is about family, not franchise.

Tim is a man of his word though and he is the kind of guy to lead with his brain, not his heart. He may have said it under duress...

"...and someone ran with it. No telling what's going through Murray's head right now. Tough time for him."

Not sure where to put this, but a French Canadian Radio Station was discussing this morning a rumor that Tim Murray is preparing to resign as the Sabres GM. I believe they are feeding off what Murray said shortly after his uncle was diagnosed with cancer, that if this has come out sooner he might not have taken the job with the Sabres

FWIW The main host did not believe it, the co host said there might be some merit to it.

I'm putting on a pot of coffee.

Terry's upset about the recent success on the ice and putting pressure on Tim to get the tank rolling again.

(Just wanted to be first in :devil: )

Very nice.

Can we still refer to you as Tank? Slug seems a bit rude :P

I needed something quick to change it to and it felt right haha. It's how I was feeling after another pointless victory along with how the rebuild will now feel/go. Plus, ya know, the logo.

I'm ###### done with this team. They sell us on how drafting well and near the top is how to rebuild a team. Many, including myself, absolutely agree with that strategy. We give up cheering for our team and watch it dismantled for three plus years and Reinhart is the only top 5 pick we will end up with? What a waste. After watching the first period and saw another backup goalie we would face I turned it off. I think I'll spend some more time with my family the next little while and not waste my time with watching another minute of this middling team. Nice to see the young D pairing develop but it's one year too soon. ###### you Enroth.

I'm ###### done with this team. They sell us on how drafting well and near the top is how to rebuild a team. Many, including myself, absolutely agree with that strategy. We give up cheering for our team and watch it dismantled for three plus years and Reinhart is the only top 5 pick we will end up with? What a waste. After watching the first period and saw another backup goalie we would face I turned it off. I think I'll spend some more time with my family the next little while and not waste my time with watching another minute of this middling team. Nice to see the young D pairing develop but it's one year too soon. ###### you Enroth.

As much as I like seeing them play better i just can't help but think we are only 4 months from seeing this thing through.

This 4 month stretch of mediocrity will haunt us for the next 10-15 years. I don't care how deep this draft is. There are two players worth what this organization did in gutting this team. Those two are not Reinhart and anybody not named Eichle or McDavid.

Yep, that's exactly how I feel. 6 out of 7 meaningless wins is the start of this train wreck. We're still not going anywhere this season and having picks 12, 25, 27, 42 and 55 are not going to do anything for me. Four more months of a true tank could have turned this franchise around in a hurry. Now we're looking at atleast a couple more years of sitting on the sidelines come April and seeing our team score 3+ goals once every 9 or 10 games.

This team is playing way above their talent level.

The rest of the league is taking them too lightly.

This roster is devoid of real NHL talent. They will sink to the bottom.

They'll definitely sink, I don't think anyone believes they can keep up the recent pace of winning, but we may be back to no man's land of being 7-12th worst which has always been my biggest fear.

Oh come on, you are angry they are winning? There is no certain way to win in sports, except by winning. I love this team and the promise it holds for the future. We could tank and the guy we draft could be a flop, could get injured or hit by a truck.

Hopping off this tank. Still pulling for it each and every game, but I'm retiring the username and avatar. I won't be the face of failure any longer.

giphy.gif

i had this in mind

1306866467_jumping_out_the_window.gif

:lol:

This team is playing way above their talent level.

The rest of the league is taking them too lightly.

This roster is devoid of real NHL talent. They will sink to the bottom.

Thank you. I think we have reason to worry because other teams are worse than I thought they'd be, not the Sabres. They did this last year around this time, why are we surprised they're putting a run on again at the same time?

They'll start facing starting goalies, better efforts from better teams, and there will be a trade of our better players....again.

Worse case scenario, we finish 5th in the CHL, and have the ammo to go out and get better players via trades with 1/2 of our firsts

Edited by WildCard