Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

I'll continue to disagree with the majority of our fan base - I still see Myers as overrated, especially his offensive game.

I also think that a lot of statements out of Nolan and Murray these days are made to drive up trade value.

Its not that he will be our future 1 - 2 D, but at 5 mill per season, he'll be affordable #3-4 in 2 years.

He will be a savvy top three vet of 28 or 29 on a good contract when this team is good again, something we will desperately need then, something that is hard to acquire.

I believe Murray and Nolan say what they mean when they talk about him and I hope they stick to their guns.

Forget Stafford, Stewart and Myers.  I want Enroth gone yesterday.  You want to 'manipulate the roster' and really give yourself great odds to win the Shart?  Trade the number one star from last nights game.  With the injury to our backup (to lazy to look up spelling) and Hackett then becoming your #1 I am confident we will win the prize.  Despite Enroth's stats, he steals this team points and I am much more afraid of him taking this team on some late heroic meaningless run than anyone on the roster.

I was waiting for that. :)

He was traded at the Q deadline to the Remparts, so I can't even watch him in Halifax any more.

A PR move and the Remparts (hosts) want the best chance at the Memorial Cup in 2015.

There are only 2 players left on the Mooseheads roster that were on it when they won the Memorial Cup in 2013.

GO MOOSEHEADS!!

He was traded at the Q deadline to the Remparts, so I can't even watch him in Halifax any more.

A PR move and the Remparts (hosts) want the best chance at the Memorial Cup in 2015.

There are only 2 players left on the Mooseheads roster that were on it when they won the Memorial Cup in 2013.

GO MOOSEHEADS!!

The sad side of rooting for a farm team, eh?

Forget Stafford, Stewart and Myers.  I want Enroth gone yesterday.  You want to 'manipulate the roster' and really give yourself great odds to win the Shart?  Trade the number one star from last nights game.  With the injury to our backup (to lazy to look up spelling) and Hackett then becoming your #1 I am confident we will win the prize.  Despite Enroth's stats, he steals this team points and I am much more afraid of him taking this team on some late heroic meaningless run than anyone on the roster.

It's a tough balance.  We need to finish last this year, yet want to finish far from last next year.  You could trade out just about any skater on this roster and replace them with either a younger one that sucks now but will be better soon or a veteran via trade or free agency in the off season.  But the goalies... I don't know if the kids could perform to Enroth's level next year if Enroth were to be moved.  While he has shown to be a threat to the tank, he's also shown is potential to be a useful asset next season.

Several us have joked that a great way to tank would be to flip out the two UFA goalies for picks, but after the laughter subsided, it seemed no one had the chutzpah to potentially vex the next season(s) like that.

It's a tough balance.  We need to finish last this year, yet want to finish far from last next year.  You could trade out just about any skater on this roster and replace them with either a younger one that sucks now but will be better soon or a veteran via trade or free agency in the off season.  But the goalies... I don't know if the kids could perform to Enroth's level next year if Enroth were to be moved.  While he has shown to be a threat to the tank, he's also shown is potential to be a useful asset next season.

Several us have joked that a great way to tank would be to flip out the two UFA goalies for picks, but after the laughter subsided, it seemed no one had the chutzpah to potentially vex the next season(s) like that.

In all seriousness, it comes down to something we as fans can't really know: how the Goalies feel about resigning. From the looks of it, the Sabres aren't going to get anything incredible for either (maybe a 2nd round pick), so the value of trading them is probably less than the value to the team if they can be signed. If they tell the mgt. that they're not signing, trade them and let the chips fall where they may. If one will sign, do it for 2-4 years on the cheap. Trade the other or let him walk. Then, hope of the kids eventually takes over the reigns and/or sign someone in the offseason.

Enroth is 31 games away from free agency and I would be surprised if he signed before July 1 unless he gets a good offer from buffalo. Based on Murray's comments about preferring larger goaltenders I would be even more surprised if the sabres offered him a good contract. Therefore move him now and get anything you can and ensure the tank works out. I think enroth can play well in small sample sizes to risk the tank but I don't feel he's good enough to be our tender when we get good. Therefore I would like to move him soon and find a replacement this offseason.

Enroth is 31 games away from free agency and I would be surprised if he signed before July 1 unless he gets a good offer from buffalo. Based on Murray's comments about preferring larger goaltenders I would be even more surprised if the sabres offered him a good contract. Therefore move him now and get anything you can and ensure the tank works out. I think enroth can play well in small sample sizes to risk the tank but I don't feel he's good enough to be our tender when we get good. Therefore I would like to move him soon and find a replacement this offseason.

Looking around the league is there really any team that is going to make an offer for him? He is not going to start anywhere and if he is brought in to be a backup we maybe get a 4th for him at best.

Same goes for Neuvirth. These guys don't offer anything special.

Edited by sicknfla

Looking around the league is there really any team that is going to make an offer for him? He is not going to start anywhere and if he is brought in to be a backup we maybe get a 4th for him at best.

Minnesota already made a run at him but didn't like the price.

I don't know where I stand on Myers, I flip flop every day.  If I really think about it, I think I would rather he stay....but at this point I just want a move so we have something new to talk about or watch.

What I am going to say I know can be applied to just about everyone, but I think Myers is the best example of it.  On a bad team, Myers eats a lot of minutes, but he looks average. Surround him with good (or great players) where he CAN be your #1 guy but doesn't HAVE to be..and I think he then plays like the #1 guy.   Like I said, that is true with a lot of players, but I think Myers will excel more than just about anyone else with good talent around him.

The question for me is....will we see Myers on another team with a lot of talent around him this year? Or will we get to see that on the Sabres with him still here in about 2 years from now?

Same goes for Neuvirth. These guys don't offer anything special.

I would take a 6th in 2018 for him. As I said I don't think he's part of our future so try and get something and it also helps the tank. Your right, he won't fetch more than a 4th and I'm very ok with that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.