Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

Kane is problem, but we are in position to gamble. If the buy is cheap, yes please.

I'm actually somewhat amused by all the hoopla over Kane because he's the type of player who has been routinely hated on around here--talented by underachieving with attitude problems. I'm all for buying low if we can, I just think if he had pulled some of the stuff he has in Winnipeg here, we'd be in the process of running him out of town and saying things like "you can't win with guys like that."

I'm actually somewhat amused by all the hoopla over Kane because he's the type of player who has been routinely hated on around here--talented by underachieving with attitude problems. I'm all for buying low if we can, I just think if he had pulled some of the stuff he has in Winnipeg here, we'd be in the process of running him out of town and saying things like "you can't win with guys like that."

I agree --  this is Stafford redux.

I'd give up, say, STL's 1st-rounder, or some combination of Pysyk/Armia/McCabe/Grigorenko, but not Myers, Risto or Nikita.

Kane's career points per game number (.615) is better than either Stafford or Stewart (.57) and he is only 23.  Lots of room to grow.  What is the issue with Kane?  Attitude problem?

Edit: What I read was he doesn't get along with Paul Maurice.  He was suspended last game for wearing a track suit instead of a regular suit to the game (?).

Edited by Potato

Kane's career points per game number (.615) is better than either Stafford or Stewart (.57) and he is only 23.  Lots of room to grow.  What is the issue with Kane?  Attitude problem?

Edit: What I read was he doesn't get along with Paul Maurice.  He was suspended last game for wearing a track suit instead of a regular suit to the game (?).

There's been rumblings out of Winnipeg regarding his attitude and effort level for years now, it's not just a Maurice thing. Most (including me) assumed it was just being a teenager in the NHL and he'd grow, but it hasn't happened yet. I'm definitely willing to gamble, but I'm not paying an astronomical price for him.

There's been rumblings out of Winnipeg regarding his attitude and effort level for years now, it's not just a Maurice thing. Most (including me) assumed it was just being a teenager in the NHL and he'd grow, but it hasn't happened yet. I'm definitely willing to gamble, but I'm not paying an astronomical price for him.

Problem for Buffalo is one thing Winnipeg doesn't need is defenseman and they aren't going to trade him in season for picks and prospects when they are battling for the playoffs.

Problem for Buffalo is one thing Winnipeg doesn't need is defenseman and they aren't going to trade him in season for picks and prospects when they are battling for the playoffs.

I've got a center, former top-10 pick and 20 goal scorer, with a cost-controlled long term contract....

*runs for the hills*

;)

I'd do Hodgson and a late first for Kane in a millisecond.

Add Stafford or Stewart to fill the roster spot and help them make the playoffs.

Doubt they'd even consider it, but the thing is, Chevy's waited so long to pull the trigger he's probably going to have to sell low.

As bad as Cody is, he has shown he can contribute in the right situation and Winnipeg has wingers who can get him the puck.

Edited by dudacek

I'd do Hodgson and a late first for Kane in a millisecond.

Add Stafford or Stewart to fill the roster spot and help them make the playoffs.

Doubt they'd even consider it, but the thing is, Chevy's waited so long to pull the trigger he's probably going to have to sell low.

As bad as Cody is, he has shown he can contribute in the right situation and Winnipeg has wingers who can get him the puck.

CoHo and Stewart for Kane doesn't seem unreasonable.  I think if CoHo made about a million less per year he'd be a lot easier to trade (not sure anyone wants his present contract).  Supposedly, the price for Kane is dropping.  Seems the Jets are just wanting to cut ties sooner rather than later.

CoHo and Stewart for Kane doesn't seem unreasonable.  I think if CoHo made about a million less per year he'd be a lot easier to trade (not sure anyone wants his present contract).  Supposedly, the price for Kane is dropping.  Seems the Jets are just wanting to cut ties sooner rather than later.

Correct, but only because "unreasonable" isn't the equivalent of "not from outer space," and that proposal is from outer space.

There will be plenty of interested bidders for Kane.  A journeyman rental and a near-washout on a terrible contract isn't going to get TM anything except scorn and an FU.

Per Chris Johnston: Evander Kane actually didn't even show up for the game. It wasn't what he was wearing... He just never came. Wow.

...After getting into it with teammates who threw his track suit into the shower, supposedly.   :)

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/kane-skipped-game-after-incident-with-teammates/

McKenzie on the radio right now.

Sounds like Kane been hurt all year, Jets skeptical of degree of hurt, teammates fed up with his attitude.

COntending teams not likely interested because of health issues, teams that aren't making the playoffs willing to pay the price and wait.

Injuries are real and he has given good effort on the ice. Sounds like he was punked and/or tormented and is not very popular in the room, and hasn't been for some time.

Jets won't give him away but they are listening hard to offers.

Edited by dudacek

McKenzie on the radio right now.

Sounds like Kane been hurt all year, Jets skeptical of degree of hurt, teammates fed up with his attitude.

COntending teams not likely interested because of health issues, teams that aren't making the playoffs willing to pay the price and wait.

Injuries are real and he has given good effort on the ice. Sounds like he was punked and/or tormented and is not very popular in the room, and hasn't been for some time.

Jets won't give him away but they are listening hard to offers.

Yeah, the latest on twatter is he has asked for a trade.  Doesn't get along with teammates.  Some off-ice immaturity like posing for pictures with wads of cash in Las Vegas and wearing track suits to games.  Yet no one has really questioned his play or competitiveness on the ice.  Sounds like he can be had on the cheap given the baggage.

http://www.tsn.ca/more-questions-arise-in-kane-jets-drama-1.200583

Edited by Potato

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.