Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

Also, the Canucks Ryan Miller went down tonight, and I am hearing they made a call to Buffalo looking at Michal Neuvirth as a possible pickup...Neuvirth has shown he can perform in the playoffs previously... The early indications on the Miller injury are very hush-hush, but those close fear the worst.

its from ecklund but guess it would make sense if miller is down for a long time.

Just going to retract what I said. Vancouver trading for Neuvirth doesn't make sense unless a few things are in play... If they're trading for Neuvirth it's because Miller is gone for the season. They already have Lack and Markstrom behind Miller. If Miller is out short-term they're not going to call up Markstrom because they'll have to waive Lack/Markstrom to send them down when Miller gets back. If Miller is out long-term then they could just call up Markstrom for the rest of the season and be safe... The only way they make a Neuvirth deal is if Miller is gone for the season and they're not confident in Lack/Markstrom as their starter while they push for the playoffs. 

Edited by Tank

Just going to retract what I said. Vancouver trading for Neuvirth doesn't make sense unless a few things are in play... If they're trading for Neuvirth it's because Miller is gone for the season. They already have Lack and Markstrom behind Miller. If Miller is out short-term they're not going to call up Markstrom because they'll have to waive Lack/Markstrom to send them down when Miller gets back. If Miller is out long-term then they could just call up Markstrom for the rest of the season and be safe... The only way they make a Neuvirth deal is if Miller is gone for the season and they're not confident in Lack/Markstrom as their starter while they push for the playoffs.

Trade dealine is in, what, 1-1/2 weeks? Only roster limit after the trade deadline is cap space. If 'Nucks don't have extremely tight cap, no need (from the NHL perspective, AHL perspective - they'd want him back) to send the goalie back down. Plus, a callup MIGHT fit under emergency rules (haven't looked at it in a looong time) which would also negate waiver requirement upon sending goalie back down.

They do have a window short term to call up Markstrom actually. He has to be dressed in 10 games before he would have to clear waivers again to be returned to the AHL. Then there's also the emergency recall they can use to avoid waivers. Remember a few years back when Scott Clemmensieve played most of the season for the Devils and then didn't have to be waived to return to the minors?

edit: Ah, Taro beat me to it.

Edited by shrader

TM just said he has not spoken to the Avs in quite sometime re ROR.

States he would probably take a chance on a player like ROR for a late first and prospect

GMTM if you acquire a player with term left and give up a lot hopefully you have read him right about his desire to stay in Buffalo

No calls on Neuvirth from other teams. Will approach him on re-signing if he is still here after trade deadline

Not receiving many calls on UFAs

Not expecting another hockey trade at the deadline

GMTM also stated he may have to make some calls himself

And most importantly GMTM used the term McEichel

Edited by BRAWNDO

And most importantly GMTM used the term McEichel

Bahahaha!

This is fun, this Russian game.  I am not allowed to change my screen name for about 35 more days so I cannot change it to одиннадцать.  But I would.

What are the terms? I asked elsewhere, but can't recall where and therefore can't look into whether someone answered.

Bahahaha!

What are the terms? I asked elsewhere, but can't recall where and therefore can't look into whether someone answered.

2 name changes in ninety days.

Back to trade speculation.  I don't want to see anything bad happen to Ryan Miller, but would it be horrible if Vancouver suddenly needed another goalie?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.