Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

Summing up that ESPN article on Murray by Custance:

- Stewart is about to go. Murray essentially said he needs to be on a good team to have success and Custance says that Murray said a change of scenery will be best for him.

- Goalies available once he gets an idea what they want in a contract.

- He's ready to make moves. He has let everybody know who is available and what he wants. Waiting for counter offers.

- He wants a left-handed shot defenseman back if he's going to deal Myers. That and top prospects.

Myers for Danny DeKeyser? He shoots left.

Trading Myers makes no sense unless the return is out of this world. He's been playing great, has figured out his role, I believe, and should stay one of our long term assists. Now that he doesn't feel he has to be the big mean physical defenseman who goes out and gets hurt all the time and instead relies on his skating ability he is a keeper.

Trading Myers makes no sense unless the return is out of this world. He's been playing great, has figured out his role, I believe, and should stay one of our long term assists. Now that he doesn't feel he has to be the big mean physical defenseman who goes out and gets hurt all the time and instead relies on his skating ability he is a keeper.

Yeah i don't want to see him go either anymore.

I'd pass on that trade. I want to contend for the playoffs next year, adding a true freshman in the NCAA and another 1st round pick in exchange for Myers sets us back at least another year. Plus, Larkin sounds like a solid player, but he sounds like another 2-3rd line talent, and we're already full of them. Myers only goes to Detroit for Mantha or Nyquist IMO. Otherwise, keep him.

More Myers to Red Wings

From Ken Holland

http://m.thn.com/blo...on-tyler-myers/

Ken Campbell, not Ken Holland.

This doesn't sound right:

I’m told the asking price from the Sabres for Myers is prospect Dylan Larkin, a roster player along the lines of a Riley Sheahan or Tomas Jurco, and a first-round pick.

More picks and prospects?

I doubt Myers is dealt for any package not including a ready-to-go top-6 forward with top-3 potential.

Ken Campbell, not Ken Holland.

This doesn't sound right:

More picks and prospects?

I doubt Myers is dealt for any package not including a ready-to-go top-6 forward with top-3 potential.

I didn't read the link, but your quote clearly says AND. If that's a direct cut and paste, it seems like the asking price is all three of those pieces combined. I don't know if either player hits your top 6 criteria, but they're definitely NHL players at this point.

I didn't read the link, but your quote clearly says AND. If that's a direct cut and paste, it seems like the asking price is all three of those pieces combined. I don't know if either player hits your top 6 criteria, but they're definitely NHL players at this point.

That's what the article says. I'd take that package for Myers.

Jurco would be the most appealing part of that trade. 6'2'', 193 lb LHRW who can battle in front of the net, shown in the goals below. Kid has a sweet pair of hands on him too, didn't see much of his shooting in the highlights I pulled up. Had 8g-7a-15pts in 36 games for the Red Wings last year, here're some of the goals.

Hockey'sFuture write up of him FWIW

http://www.hockeysfu...ts/tomas_jurco/

Edited by WildCard

Tank mentioned it earlier too, I think one of the most appealing aspects of dealing Myers away for Murray right now is the added benefit (if you're pro tanking) of losing your top d-man. Definitely would help ensure the Sabres get McEichel

Might fall under Murrays "draft manipulation " theory. I just can't see these guys not following through on doing whatever possible to land McEichle. As much as i think it is a BS way to go about it we have come this far might as well finish it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.