Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

I think we'll be supposed at how cheap he goes, the leverage is entirely with the buyer. He's boxed them into a corner. Also, making the playoffs is huge for the Jets fans/organization, I think they'll be desperate to trade

This is being widely speculated, Schopp and Bulldog talked about it for 45 mins

Pysyk, CoHo, and a 2nd maybe?

Make that second a first and maybe. But there still isn't a good piece there. Grigorenko? Armia?

The sentiment that they will likely want NHL talent back is a good one since they're in the playoff hunt.

According to Lavoie Kane wore the track suite because he thought the meeting was at the hotel. Once he found out that it was at the arena he didn't have time to change.

If we retain salary on Hodgson and then throw in Grigorenko or Pysyk along with a later first it might get it done. None of those pieces are appealing on their own.

Edited by Tank

I think we'll be supposed at how cheap he goes, the leverage is entirely with the buyer. He's boxed them into a corner. Also, making the playoffs is huge for the Jets fans/organization, I think they'll be desperate to trade

Yep.  If everyone knows you have to trade a player, leverage goes to the buyer.  I think "sweatsuitgate" is legit.  I think he'll be moved within a few days.  And, the price won't be massive.  CoHo (another overpriced left winger who needs a change of scenery) plus a prospect or pick or pending UFA might do it.

Make that second a first and maybe. But there still isn't a good piece there. Grigorenko? Armia?

The sentiment that they will likely want NHL talent back is a good one since they're in the playoff hunt.

According to Lavoie Kane wore the track suite because he thought the meeting was at the hotel. Once he found out that it was at the arena he didn't have time to change.

If we retain salary on Hodgson and then throw in Grigorenko or Pysyk along with a later first it might get it done. None of those pieces are appealing on their own.

Evander Kane isn't that appealing either.  He scored 30 goals once....big whoop.  He's the same player as Chris Stewart with more tread on his tires.  Not worth the hoopla he is getting. 

I'd consider Grigorenko, but I'm with Wildcard, his value is not what it was a year or two ago.

Kane is a roll of the dice. His game at the moment is the equivalent of Drew Stafford.

I think this is the last straw and he will be gone in the near future.

Best bid wins.

I'd consider Grigorenko, but I'm with Wildcard, his value is not what it was a year or two ago.

Kane is a roll of the dice. His game at the moment is the equivalent of Drew Stafford.

I think this is the last straw and he will be gone in the near future.

Best bid wins.

If there are multiple suitors, my guess is the price gets bid up above what many of us would he willing to pay.

Yep.  If everyone knows you have to trade a player, leverage goes to the buyer.  I think "sweatsuitgate" is legit.  I think he'll be moved within a few days.  And, the price won't be massive.  CoHo (another overpriced left winger who needs a change of scenery) plus a prospect or pick or pending UFA might do it.

I agree with the bolded parts in both of these --  but I still think it will be well pricier than some of these proposals.

If Winnipeg think Pysyk can play in the NHL right now, they might take him, STL's #1 and Stafford or Stewart -- but I'd expect not.

The Jets won't want to move him to a Western Conference team.  And, some of the potential suitors in the East don't need a hurt player and/or a guy who costs $6 million against the Cap in the coming years.

Buffalo could put him on the shelf for the rest of the year... and then he could play wing for Jack Eichel.   :flirt:

Saw this on twitter.  Pretty funny.  Kane needs a traxedo.

07273246.interactive.a.jpg

Trading NHL players for Kane only to shelve him for the year to have surgery could be a hell of a well-disguised tank move! I'm joking since the tank is taking care of itself, but it does make some sense since it's not like we need him for a playoff run--get him right for next year.

I think this why the price won't be so high on him, not because of correctable off ice issues.  Fourth Period (linked up thread) indicates that the interested teams are Montreal, Philly, LA, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and Toronto.  Notes:

• Montreal and Pittsburgh are in the playoffs and would need him on the ice.
  • Philly and LA are trying to make the push and would need him on the ice.
  • Pittsburgh and Toronto don't have enough cap space for him and would need to ship back roster players just to have him finish the season post-deadline.
  • Montreal, Philly, and LA are close on cap space, but have just enough room to take him on any time this season.

If the other teams decide they invariably NEED a player on the ice this season and/or they aren't willing to move other pieces around to free up cap space, Kane's price could drop.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

I agree with the bolded parts in both of these -- but I still think it will be well pricier than some of these proposals.

If Winnipeg think Pysyk can play in the NHL right now, they might take him, STL's #1 and Stafford or Stewart -- but I'd expect not.

Agreed. They might take a rental, an NHL-level prospect and a pick for him.

Stafford/Stewart, Grigorenko/Pysyk and a late first? I would do that, especially if it's Pysyk. Still think it may be just short.

Edited by Tank

I understand looking good going to the rink, but why the heck do they make these guys wear suits. The suit is the dumbest article of clothing there is. I know it made sense 100+ years ago when people had to work in buildings with no insulation or,... heat, but c'mon. 

I understand looking good going to the rink, but why the heck do they make these guys wear suits. The suit is the dumbest article of clothing there is. I know it made sense 100+ years ago when people had to work in buildings with no insulation or,... heat, but c'mon.

I still love the look of a nice suit but I agree. It's no longer anything aside from a tradition that everybody is afraid to break.

My honest guess as to how this all shakes out? He gets the season ending surgery now and they deal him in the offseason.

Buffalo won't care if he's hurt.

Wouldn't they rather trade his injured ass now for a package that can help them in the playoffs?

And on that front, Hutchinson is unproven, Pavelec sucks. I think Enroth could help that team.

The more I think about it, the more I think Murray needs to pounce.

He doesn't strike me as the type of guy who will worry too much about Kane's personality.

This is the type of situation he has been waiting for.

Give them a package of any two or three assets not Myers/Risto/Zads/Reinhart/Zemgus/15 or 16 lottery pick.

Buffalo won't care if he's hurt.

Wouldn't they rather trade his injured ass now for a package that can help them in the playoffs?

And on that front, Hutchinson is unproven, Pavelec sucks. I think Enroth could help that team.

The more I think about it, the more I think Murray needs to pounce.

He doesn't strike me as the type of guy who will worry too much about Kane's personality.

This is the type of situation he has been waiting for.

Give them a package of any two or three assets not Myers/Risto/Zads/Reinhart/Zemgus/15 or 16 lottery pick.

All fair points. I don't think the Jets really want to move him now when his value is at an all time low due to injury concerns and his cap hit. I think they'd prefer he remove the injury issue and get to deal him at a time where the number of destinations won't be as limited.

I suppose they could be short sighted and care more about the playoffs than a better return, but I think that depends on how secure Cheveldayoff feels his job is.

All fair points. I don't think the Jets really want to move him now when his value is at an all time low due to injury concerns and his cap hit. I think they'd prefer he remove the injury issue and get to deal him at a time where the number of destinations won't be as limited.

I suppose they could be short sighted and care more about the playoffs than a better return, but I think that depends on how secure Cheveldayoff feels his job is.

After reading that he hasn't made a player for player trade in four years somewhere on here today, with a team that hasn't made the playoffs any of those years, I feel like he shouldn't feel too secure : P Though I don't know their owner's view on that, either.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.