Traverse City Tournament: Sept. 12 - Sept. 16

nfreeman

I wonder if the Sabres are concerned about the recent whispers about nIkita and that was a deliberate warning shot to get him to shape up in time for training camp.

I highly doubt he gets that much better in just a week. He's going back to junior and hopefully Reinhart as well. As much as people want Reinhart here I think he needs to get stronger. The kid is 18. Not many kids can step in just because your a high pick. This team isn't going anywhere so why rush him?

Edited by SabresBillsFan

I expect Zadorov to be all world so this is not what I want to hear. Will be an interesting camp for him.

I can't see him playing in London again and yet here we are again with Juniors or NHL. I wonder how he will sulk if sent back to London. Like Grigs, he seems to feel that he is ready to play in the NHL and cant understand why he wouldn't be.

Lots to watch starting soon.

I expect Zadorov to be all world so this is not what I want to hear. Will be an interesting camp for him.

I can't see him playing in London again and yet here we are again with Juniors or NHL. I wonder how he will sulk if sent back to London. Like Grigs, he seems to feel that he is ready to play in the NHL and cant understand why he wouldn't be.

They need to put a one year limit on that restriction or something. It is stunting the development of too many players.

He's probably going to be pissed because I just don't see him cracking the defensive lineup just yet. I think Pysyk makes that team this year. Even NHL predictions don't have Zadorov on this squad.

Talk about unreasonable expectations setting people up for disappointment. Yeesh.

Zadorov kept getting penalized for his play that would have been let go at the NHL level. I get the feeling he was a little put off by the coddling the refs were doing. They basically told him he couldn't crush guys which is a huge part of his game.

Maybe, but we'll see. I don't think the kid can jump to the NHL either. If murray would have thougth so he wouldn't have signed Benoit or Meszaros.

They have to earn their spots now. All i hear is just like grigorenko, he needs to work on his foot speed.

Maybe, but we'll see. I don't think the kid can jump to the NHL either. If murray would have thougth so he wouldn't have signed Benoit or Meszaros.

They have to earn their spots now. All i hear is just like grigorenko, he needs to work on his foot speed.

I totally agree that Grigorenko needs to work on his foot speed. He's probably another player that is going to be unhappy when he's going to Rochester. Crazy thing is he is in the last year of his entry level contract thanks to the old regime playing him. Boneheaded move.

How do you figure? From this tournament it's now clear to me that whatever youngsters make the team this year are now on board with the directive to go out there and help the team lose games on purpose each and every night. Tank on 2015! We are getting McDavid..,,GUARANTEED!!

It was sarcasm. Part of my one man show of knee jerk responses by Buffalo sports fans.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I think the writing is on the wall that they are sending Zadorov back this year (baring an amazing camp) based on their offseason signings. I just pray he treats it as an opportunity to work on some of his deficiencies and doesn't pout. I think he will be a monster for us in the future but it won't be this season.

Any coach of any value can tell when a player isn't trying hard. It happens and it should be a concern. This isn't about talent or skill, it's about attitude. If I'm playing in that game and I see a player not busting his ass and my team is getting beat I'm going to be in his face.

I'd be concerned. No player should ever be benched for not trying.

There will be off games. There are games when the puck just avoids you. Even then a player can still be giving his all.

He's had an attitude all along that he can play in the NHL. It's a good attitude to have. However, if it brings him to the point where he won't try because it's not the NHL then he'll never make it.

Talk about unreasonable expectations setting people up for disappointment. Yeesh.

So I shouldn't expect the well regarded high draft pick born in Russia, playing in Canada, property of the Buffalo Sabres to be all world? I do. And if that's unrealistic to you I'm sorry. Yeesh indeed. Lighten up Francis.

Wait, am I talking about Grigs or Zadorov? LOL :-)

Zadorov kept getting penalized for his play that would have been let go at the NHL level. I get the feeling he was a little put off by the coddling the refs were doing. They basically told him he couldn't crush guys which is a huge part of his game.

Holy rationalizations, Batman!

We all want him to be good and to become Nikita, destroyer of worlds. But let's not kid ourselves. Most mid-first-rounders play 2 years in juniors after being drafted, and about half don't make the jump to become quality NHL players.

He needs to learn the game, both technically and emotionally.

We all want him to be good and to become Nikita, destroyer of worlds. But let's not kid ourselves. Most mid-first-rounders play 2 years in juniors after being drafted, and about half don't make the jump to become quality NHL players.

Agree, he needs more time in junior! End of story.

I'm not arguing that he doesn't need more time down in Juniors. I just think he's not having any fun.

So I shouldn't expect the well regarded high draft pick born in Russia, playing in Canada, property of the Buffalo Sabres to be all world? I do. And if that's unrealistic to you I'm sorry. Yeesh indeed. Lighten up Francis.

Wait, am I talking about Grigs or Zadorov? LOL :-)

You should not expect the 16th pick in the draft to be all world. You can feel free to hope for it, but if you expect it you are in fact being unreasonable.

Cassidy said, “Effort level, not good enough. We got a lot of guys here trying to make a NHL team in the next week or so and I wouldn’t specifically say he was maybe the only one, but maybe the biggest offender. We just didn’t like his effort and we had to make a decision on it.”

That's pretty strong if you ask me.

Cassidy said, “Effort level, not good enough. We got a lot of guys here trying to make a NHL team in the next week or so and I wouldn’t specifically say he was maybe the only one, but maybe the biggest offender. We just didn’t like his effort and we had to make a decision on it.”

That's pretty strong if you ask me.

I have to agree. And Cassidy is right. Some guys will be trying to make the NHL next week why wouldn't you work your tail off especially with your GM right there.

I think the tournament highlights my main concern with our farm system. The lack of a true sniper like Mantha, Zykov, or Dal Colle. That being said I like Baptiste and Possler (didn't play) quite a bit. On top of that I also know this is the first event of the season and sometimes you just start crappy. Lots of good notes from Traverse but a few concerns.

Jack Eichel 2015

I think the tournament highlights my main concern with our farm system. The lack of a true sniper like Mantha, Zykov, or Dal Colle. That being said I like Baptiste and Possler (didn't play) quite a bit. On top of that I also know this is the first event of the season and sometimes you just start crappy. Lots of good notes from Traverse but a few concerns.

Jack Eichel 2015

Alot of good points. I have to agree with your true sniper assesment.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.