Major Announcement: Buffalo to host 2015, 2016 NHL Combine

Brawndo

Per twitter, Sabres have a major announcement scheduled for 11 AM Monday. Some speculating draft, probably Scouting Combine to HarborCenter

Bill Hoppe@BillHoppeNHL 4m

Sabres have a "major announcement" set for tomorrow. All Sports WNY reported yesterday they're getting the 2016 draft.

Shawn Stepner@StepnerWKBW 4m

#Sabres and #NHL to hold presser at FNC tomorrow. Expected to be announcement of Scouting Combine coming to #Buffalo for multiple years.

Colin Campbell and Byron Brown will be in attendance

Edited by BRAWNDO

Every announcement they have ever called major has fell short of its hype. The draft would be cool but I really think its in the eyes beholder.

Me thinks...meh.

I don't know, that one with Darcy getting fired and Patty and Nolan coming back lived up to the bill...Since then we've been a bit dry though, yes.

I don't know, that one with Darcy getting fired and Patty and Nolan coming back lived up to the bill...Since then we've been a bit dry though, yes.

Lafontaine's exit was pretty big.

Then there is this as well..

Andy Strickland@andystrickland 27m

@JoeYerdonPHT or the World junior evaluation camp. Shouldn't be in Lake Placid, Buffalo rumored destination

Yerdon did respond that there would be USA Hockey Reps coming as well

I happened to be in the ADKs a couple of weeks ago and dropped in for a bit of USA vs Sweden. We expected to see them on the main sheet and I assumed there might be a nominal ticket charge and maybe 1000 people. Instead they were playing out back on the 3rd rink painted for curling. There were maybe 200 people there, 100 of us that weren't scouts or suit-types, all crowded around the glass. 0 bleacher seating. Cost was $0. The player benches were very short and with the bigger rosters it looked the NYC subway in rush hour. I suppose it's an exhibition game, but both teams are flying their official colors. I think if it was in Buffalo (or Minn?) people would show up for the feature events. Harbor Center looks like it would be perfect for this. Oh and we talked to one other group of fans there....yup, also Sabres fans.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.