The "meddling" Kim Pegula???

LabattBlue

His "shaking your head" statement just kind of screams "oh no, I'm really masculine and don't want a woman involved in sports management." Who is to say she isn't really well-versed in the operations of this hockey team and isn't having a positive impact?

Another possibility — and I'll refute my own opinion from earlier, but only because I was thinking of all this in the shower just now — is that the head-shaking would result from not Kim's presence but Terry's absence.

Another possibility — and I'll refute my own opinion from earlier, but only because I was thinking of all this in the shower just now — is that the head-shaking would result from not Kim's presence but Terry's absence.

You really need to stop think about Kim's presence and Terry's absence while you're in the shower :)

His "shaking your head" statement just kind of screams "oh no, I'm really masculine and don't want a woman involved in sports management." Who is to say she isn't really well-versed in the operations of this hockey team and isn't having a positive impact?

This.

Kim Pegula could have been the one who said enough is enough with Darcy and made the decision to fire him.

If the Pegula's are serious about buying the Bills, she could be taking a more active role in Sabres to allow Terry more time to concentrate on the purchase.

From every description I have heard about Mrs. Pegula she is bright, energitic and caring about what she does. Matt Moulson raved about her treatment of his wife when he was initally traded to Buffalo.

Until I see or hear concrete evidence why this is a bad development, I am all for it.

Fun with Thesaurus:

Head-scratching: Bucky suggests Bafflement, Bamboozlement, Discombobulation and Confusion.

We need an official head-scratching smiley. Should it be this :blink: this :huh: or this :wacko:.

I vote :wacko:

Also "Meddling" should be added to the filter. It has become and evil word.

I'd love to know if Kim's involvement changed at some point, or if she was sitting on meetings from the outset. Maybe Terry's not well, who knows.

I'm getting the sense that her involvement did change. I don't see any basis to infer that Terry's not well and/or absent.

I'd also like to know the motivation of Bucky's source.

I think we can all well guess at it with fair accuracy.

Again, I just don't see any implication of that.

If the Pegula's are serious about buying the Bills, she could be taking a more active role in Sabres to allow Terry more time to concentrate on the purchase.

This was my initial thought when hearing she has been taking on a larger role with the Sabres, but still I don't get anything out of that blurb that suggests KP has a seat in lieu of TP.

So, when everyone in WNY is enjoying the incredibly marvelous summer weather we've been having for the past, goodness, near month if not longer, Bucky is sitting at a desk somewhere thinking of ways to take a shot at the Sabres.

Why does he think a story like that has any merit? Yes, we can and will discuss the ramifications of the Pegula ownership here, but, outside of our little, cloistered Sabres community, who will give a s#*t about this? Why, Bucky, why?

Two things on this:

1. Remember Kim is from Fairport, FHS '87. Inkman is '89. I don't know if that means anything but it gives me some comfort.

2. If it were Darcy I might be worried. GMTM is working on his magnus opus. No guarantees of course, but this is his moment, he's not going to be derailed by Terry or Kim or the pasta guy. Trust.

Two things on this:

1. Remember Kim is from Fairport, FHS '87. Inkman is '89. I don't know if that means anything but it gives me some comfort.

2. If it were Darcy I might be worried. GMTM is working on his magnus opus. No guarantees of course, but this is his moment, he's not going to be derailed by Terry or Kim or the pasta guy. Trust.

I'm FHS '01, does that make it worse?

Good for her. She owns the team and if she wants to sit in on meetings, that's her perogative.

Until we have more than Bucky getting his panties in a wad over this and see some actual evidence that she is overruling TM (which doesn't even seem to be what he is saying, though obviously he's hoping the implication is there), this is just Bucky getting his panties in a wad. Must be rough trying to stay relevant in a dying industry.

Probably shouldn't hold the FHS thing against her either; not her fault her parents preferred to overpay taxes for dirt cheap electricity. ;)

Good for her. She owns the team and if she wants to sit in on meetings, that's her perogative.

Until we have more than Bucky getting his panties in a wad over this and see some actual evidence that she is overruling TM (which doesn't even seem to be what he is saying, though obviously he's hoping the implication is there), this is just Bucky getting his panties in a wad. Must be rough trying to stay relevant in a dying industry.

Probably shouldn't hold the FHS thing against her either; not her fault her parents preferred to overpay taxes for dirt cheap electricity. ;)

My parents leave their air conditioning on when they go on vacation. for the cat.

Since I have no idea how well she knows what she is doing I can not really shake my head about it. I (and I think no one here) don't know if she does a good job or not. Maybe she was the reason the Sabres made those changes in the past :D

I'm fine with whatever Kim wants to do.

Until I see or hear concrete evidence why this is a bad development, I am all for it.

These things.

I'm pretty sure that no one ever kicked Jean Knox out of a meeting.

If Kim's interested to get to know the business, that's good. If she wants to do more, she can do that too. I'm glad she's interested. If Terry keels over after eating a bucket of Duff's Armageddon wings, it'll be good to have her on board.

Also, Bucky's a weiner.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

Maybe this is why Pegula is interested in the Bills. He has said over and over that Hockey is his first love....well, if Kim is wanting more control of the Sabres, maybe he thinks he can just buy the bills and 'give' them to her, to keep her out of 'his' hockey team.

Maybe this is why Pegula is interested in the Bills. He has said over and over that Hockey is his first love....well, if Kim is wanting more control of the Sabres, maybe he thinks he can just buy the bills and 'give' them to her, to keep her out of 'his' hockey team.

this seems far-fetched.

that said, the first mention of her being present at sabres hockey meetings (setting aside the source) does coincide with the pegulas reportedly taking a run at owning the bills.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.