The "meddling" Kim Pegula???

LabattBlue

I don't think that's what's going on.....given the reaction of people, maybe that's the reaction he was looking for, but we will probably find out in the next few months......

Any computer programmers want to take a shot at Meddling Galaga?

You can have waves of Pegulas and Battistas coming at Murray and he has to shoot them all down....

Their was a Journey (yes, the band) game for Atari that could port almost perfectly for this.

I don't think that's what's going on.....given the reaction of people, maybe that's the reaction he was looking for, but we will probably find out in the next few months......

Well, wait a second. You're (not surprisingly) inferring that there's some larger game afoot vis-a-vis Mrs. Pegula being present at meetings with the hockey department. Fine.

Do you also think that (1) Bucky was taking a cheap shot with a sexist tone that was meant to troll readers and (2) Bucky has some larger theory or insight into what's going on with the team's FO right now and that Mrs. Pegula's part of it? I say NFW to #2.

Any computer programmers want to take a shot at Meddling Galaga?

You can have waves of Pegulas and Battistas coming at Murray and he has to shoot them all down....

There been not a single report -- one with a hint of credibility and more than a scintilla of fact -- that GMTM is chafing at scrutiny coming from Terry Pegula's spouse and/or cronies. Meddling Galaga is clever, but it is entirely narrative-driven at this point.

Their was a Journey (yes, the band) game for Atari that could port almost perfectly for this.

He's already got the lime green shirt on....just need to add the glasses...

Well, wait a second. You're (not surprisingly) inferring that there's some larger game afoot vis-a-vis Mrs. Pegula being present at meetings with the hockey department. Fine.

Do you also think that (1) Bucky was taking a cheap shot with a sexist tone that was meant to troll readers and (2) Bucky has some larger theory or insight into what's going on with the team's FO right now and that Mrs. Pegula's part of it? I say NFW to #2.

[/size]

There been not a single report -- one with a hint of credibility and more than a scintilla of fact -- that GMTM is chafing at scrutiny coming from Terry Pegula's spouse and/or cronies. Meddling Galaga is clever, but it is entirely narrative-driven at this point.

The meddling game is a joke.....and figured it would take 12 minutes to program.

As for Kim Pegula....like I said, we will soon find out. If they make a bid on the Bills, let's see who is doing the talking. I heard about an ironic exchange a few weeks ago. My barometer reads "change expected". I'm anxiously awaiting instructions from our new overlord....

There's nothing bigger planned with this column. These bullet point columns are nothing more than space filler on a slow news day. If he had more in mind, he would have actually written a real column.

There's nothing bigger planned with this column. These bullet point columns are nothing more than space filler on a slow news day. If he had more in mind, he would have actually written a real column.

We shall see.....we shall see......

If many think so, and he didn't mean to be, then he is at least guilty of a crime against clarity.

I like his writing enough and think he is clever enough to set it up for the payoff. We don't have enough public info yet to see how deep this is. If she is sitting in on Sabres stuff, does that mean IN ADDITION to Terry, or IN PLACE OF? I guess you could shake your head either way. Bucky has been consistant though in saying Terry should stay out of things, so I don't view it as a sexist comment. It's either doubling down on Pegula meddling against common sense, or she is calling the shots now instead of Terry. Either way, you would shake your head considering the original structure and stated goal of the franchise.

I see it as a good thing. I suggested as much months ago. Any internet intellectual property lawyers out there? Bringing in Lafontaine, sending Murray to public speaking classes, putting Kim out there instead of Terry....geez, Ted and Gibby can at least send me an autographed Millsie 8x10.......

As for Kim Pegula....<> My barometer reads "change expected". I'm anxiously awaiting instructions from our new overlord....

Shoot - I'd be all for that.

If he had more in mind, he would have actually written a real column.

Precisely.

We shall see.....we shall see......

I'm going with a reading from X's magic 8-ball: Cannot predict now.

As ###### as Bucky's stuff is normally, he was the first to have the big changes (Darcy/Rolston out; Nolan in).

He was indeed, although he only had it a couple of hours in advance.

He also deserves credit for being mostly right about the Black Sunday CF.

My biggest beef with Bucky and the rest of the local media, is that they never seem to know anything in advance (or more in advance than a couple of hours, in the case of DR and RR being canned and PLF and TN coming in). We never hear about trades, FA signings, draft picks, etc. ahead of time. Other cities' local media have much more of that.

My biggest beef with Bucky and the rest of the local media, is that they never seem to know anything in advance (or more in advance than a couple of hours, in the case of DR and RR being canned and PLF and TN coming in). We never hear about trades, FA signings, draft picks, etc. ahead of time. Other cities' local media have much more of that.

I think that's because the Sabres have deliberately blackballed Bucky and, by association, the rest of the BN. He's on their schit list and it's must irk him to no end.

GO SABRES!!!

The problem is, the Sabres organization themselves keeps those for the national guys, quid pro quo. Back in the day, Jim Kelley and crew would be on year 25 of building sources and info the old fashioned way....having drinks at the bar on road trips, the telephone, riding the team charter....you didn't have this instant gratification circus of today.

What can Hamilton or Bucky get you about Vancouver or St Louis in a timely fashion? Nothing. In 1986, it wasn't like that...and the national guys would have to wait 24 hours or a week to print, so they weren't the same assets. Now Ted Black can send an email to McKenzie at 9:43 am saying that interest is high in Tyler Myers...a tweet goes out from McKenzie at 9:48....then the likely suspects in relevant cities start retweeting and forming their own hypothesis like Tatar/Mantha for Myers...yada yada..... Meanwhile, maybe not 1 GM has called about Myers, but McKenzie just did the Sabres bidding. In return, when the Sabres actually do have a trade on the table, ted gives McKenzie a courtesy email so that he can look good.

Society is a Sh!thole unfortunately, and the fans are wading in it with a pair of Crocs on.....

I believe Kim has been a Sabres fan just as long as Terry and is probably a bigger Bills fan then he is. So I'm OK with whatever role as an owner she wants to have.

Define "role." Active, participating, "meddling" owner. Is that OK?

I think that's because the Sabres have deliberately blackballed Bucky and, by association, the rest of the BN. He's on their schit list and it's must irk him to no end.

GO SABRES!!!

But it's not just TBN -- none of the WNY media members seems to have any clue about upcoming Sabres moves.

The problem is, the Sabres organization themselves keeps those for the national guys, quid pro quo. Back in the day, Jim Kelley and crew would be on year 25 of building sources and info the old fashioned way....having drinks at the bar on road trips, the telephone, riding the team charter....you didn't have this instant gratification circus of today.

What can Hamilton or Bucky get you about Vancouver or St Louis in a timely fashion? Nothing. In 1986, it wasn't like that...and the national guys would have to wait 24 hours or a week to print, so they weren't the same assets. Now Ted Black can send an email to McKenzie at 9:43 am saying that interest is high in Tyler Myers...a tweet goes out from McKenzie at 9:48....then the likely suspects in relevant cities start retweeting and forming their own hypothesis like Tatar/Mantha for Myers...yada yada..... Meanwhile, maybe not 1 GM has called about Myers, but McKenzie just did the Sabres bidding. In return, when the Sabres actually do have a trade on the table, ted gives McKenzie a courtesy email so that he can look good.

Society is a Sh!thole unfortunately, and the fans are wading in it with a pair of Crocs on.....

But many other cities have local media members that have inside sources and more knowledge about upcoming events than WNY media has.

I agree with this, with the exception of society being a schithole. Back in the day, relationships were built and maintained the old fashioned way as you suggest. But just because the media delivery process has changed, the idea of building relationships hasn't. If you were viewed as hostile back in the day, you were shunned in the hotel bar, just as Bucky is shunned now.

GO BILLS!!!

Does it matter? You're going to write your own version of history regardless of the truth.

I liked the Terry we heard about before Pegula Day. I even liked Terry up to, "Lindy ain't…" The rest of the day was just weird, like Terry blaming the Buffalo News for the "quit" in the 2010-11 Sabres. (Here's where someone will say I'm making stuff up and/or ask for a link and/or say I have a narrative/agenda. He said it.)

I would have loved to have written a different version of Pegula as owner. I followed the facts — and the money. You have a team that had to go crazy on July 1 to get to the floor. No one would have believed that on that February day three years ago. No one.

See the Trial thread. I lay out the facts and the truth. If you can't handle it, too bad.

This is well-trod ground. In fact, there's not a blade of grass left where we've traversed it.

Fourth man in? I'm just curious what role nobody is comfortable with?

Edited by PASabreFan

I liked the Terry we heard about before Pegula Day. I even liked Terry up to, "Lindy ain't…" The rest of the day was just weird, like Terry blaming the Buffalo News for the "quit" in the 2010-11 Sabres.

I would have loved to have written a different version of Pegula as owner. I followed the facts — and the money. You have a team that had to go crazy on July 1 to get to the floor. No one would have believed that on that February day three years ago. No one.

See the Trial thread. I lay out the facts and the truth. If you can't handle it, too bad.

But could it have been done any other way? Whether ownership meddles to an unacceptable point is irrelevant in the face of realizing a core had reached it's ceiling and was well past diminishing returns. Pegula inherited a team that had been built into a Presidential Cup winner by DR and LR and it's perfectly reasonable to want to give them the chance to do it again given that past success. It didn't work. There are no shortcuts. In order for transformation and growth to occur, the team had to be dismantled. I doubt it was easy for Terry to accept this at first, given his fanboy passion for the club. But the rebuild is well underway now, so if there's any meddling going on, it's being channeled in the right direction. I don't think meddling is going on relative to the hockey decisions we've seen TM make recently. But if those decisions WERE born out of meddling by the owners, then we've got some genius hockey people disguised as owners.

The Pegulas know when to insert themselves into a business process and when to let their delegates take the reigns. If that was through trial and error as meddlesome owners, then I give them credit for learning the lesson. But I doubt it was.

GO SABRES!!!

Edited by K-9

Do I want her - or any owner in this day and age - to declare she will be GM and coach next season? No. But she can do what the typical sports owner does. Based on the things I've read and reports I've watched over the last few years that the Pegula family has been involved - Kim is a very intelligent person and a far better speaker than Terry.

But many other cities have local media members that have inside sources and more knowledge about upcoming events than WNY media has.

Which cities? What are their franchise values? What is their median income? What is their real estate market?

If you are working the sports beat in Buffalo, it's like anything else. You max out at a lower level.

like Terry blaming the Buffalo News for the "quit" in the 2010-11 Sabres. (Here's where someone will say I'm making stuff up and/or ask for a link and/or say I have a narrative/agenda. He said it.)

No one will deny that. Blechk.

Given how little we actually know about this whole situation, such certitude tends to undermine your position.

You love it when I jump in to give you a face-wash.

And I was incomplete in describing our well-trod ground: There's the mutilated corpse of a horse on that terrain -- the one that's been beaten beyond recognition.

Define "role." Active, participating, "meddling" owner. Is that OK?

Sitting in on meetings to find out how a multimillion dollar business she part owns is being run... or role. Besides if she wanted to muzzle Tim Murray I think his press conference would be the first thing changed. From what I have read and seen, she is interested in the hockey operations and likes to hear about all the cool things that are going on.

Sitting in on meetings to find out how a multimillion dollar business she part owns is being run... or role. Besides if she wanted to muzzle Tim Murray I think his press conference would be the first thing changed. From what I have read and seen, she is interested in the hockey operations and likes to hear about all the cool things that are going on.

And frankly I have no issue with her doing so.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.