The "meddling" Kim Pegula???

LabattBlue

I know it's Bucky, and therefore, this will be chalked up by many as nonsense, they own the team and have a right to be involved blah blah blah, but what the heck is going on at Sabres offices at FNC...

"It has come to my attention that Kim Pegula has taken a more aggressive role in daily operations of the Sabres over the past year. Apparently, she’s not just making sure First Niagara Center looks spiffy for events, as it appeared when she arrived.

She’s not making personnel moves or breaking down the power play, but I’m told she has a seat in hockey meetings and therefore has a say in hockey-related matters. If you’re shaking your head over that nugget, you are not alone.".

http://www.buffalone...regier-20140706

I can't wait for the Kim Pegula vs. Tim Murray showdown. LOL

Edited by LabattBlue

I've always hated when papers put out those quick bullet point columns like that one, especially when they dance around from sport to sport. We don't have enough to write a single story on, so we'll just throw as much crap out there as we can and see what sticks.

That and I'm waiting for the inevitable sexism complaints that we are going to hear because of this one.

I've always hated when papers put out those quick bullet point columns like that one, especially when they dance around from sport to sport. We don't have enough to write a single story on, so we'll just throw as much crap out there as we can and see what sticks.

That and I'm waiting for the inevitable sexism complaints that we are going to hear because of this one.

I know right, Bucky has a clear history of ethics and strong character. His record speaking out for women's rights is nearly unmatched in the WNY media.

He was obviously insinuating that she should have less say than any other owner because she's Asian.

I joke a lot about my devotion to the lovely and talented Kim Pegula. It's a jokey narrative based on some kernel of truth -- she is a pretty lady, and, based on the two times I've met her, she is warm, charming, and engaging. (And while I can't be totally sure, I think she may also smell nice.)

So, that's my disclosure of bias.

Bucky is Bucky. And this right here is Bucky at his Buckiest.

First, he takes a backhanded swipe at the fact that Mrs. Pegula's no longer concerning herself strictly with women's work.

He says she's taking a more "aggressive" role, but doesn't explain what's more aggressive other than having a seat at a meeting. Of course, as a result of being physically present in the room, she has "a say." Evidently, Bucky and his source would prefer it if Mrs. Pegula kept her yap shut when she sits in on these meetings.

Her husband bought the franchise. While she may not be formally named as a co-owner (and I'm sure there are substantive legal and financial reasons why), the franchise is as much her property as it is his. So she elects to sit in on hockey meetings and help work through decisions that are being made. She apparently did the same thing at East Resources; that seemed to turn out okay for her and her husband.

JFC. The more I think about this, the more I can barely resist the urge to go the BN offices, find that fat ###### and finally plant one on his chin. (A punch. Not a kiss -- those I reserve for Kim Pegula. And my wife.)

More than happy to oblige.

Edited by That Aud Smell

I was going to read it but I refuse to drive traffic for Bucky.

Kim Pegula, who I have also met and she was very nice (she thinks Mike Weber is a great guy (she said guy, not player fyi)), as a co owner of the team should be kept informed of things. I really don't care if she is a woman, alien, or porcupine. She owns the team with her husband and is clearly a fan of the sport. Sitting in on meetings to keep informed makes sense and when you're a billionaire with ample free time, why wouldn't you?

And, no joke: If I had to choose between the two Pegulas when it came to having an owner with an active hand (I know, I don't get a choice), I would choose Mrs. Pegula. I realize that's probably because I know far less about her -- but Terry's the guy who got all choked up about Perreault, Terry's the guy who intimated that he knew Gaustad was a leader among men, and Terry's the guy who this time last year said "What's he done wrong?" about Darcy.

Mind you: I still think we'll be more than fine with Terry as the chief officer. But I'd prefer Kim's cool reserve over Terry's bizarre showings of naivete, if it came down to a choice.

Wake me when she starts overriding Murray's decisions. Oh, and before you wake me for this, please have proof.

Well at the last lunch meeting Tim Murray the General Manager, well he wanted extra pepperoni and sausage on his pizza but Kim Pegula made him order veggie pizza with wheat crust and told him he couldn't get a dozen wings for himself he had to share. Dark times ahead, dark times.

I know it's Bucky, and therefore, this will be chalked up by many as nonsense, they own the team and have a right to be involved blah blah blah, but what the heck is going on at Sabres offices at FNC...

"It has come to my attention that Kim Pegula has taken a more aggressive role in daily operations of the Sabres over the past year. Apparently, she’s not just making sure First Niagara Center looks spiffy for events, as it appeared when she arrived.

She’s not making personnel moves or breaking down the power play, but I’m told she has a seat in hockey meetings and therefore has a say in hockey-related matters. If you’re shaking your head over that nugget, you are not alone.".

http://www.buffalone...regier-20140706

I can't wait for the Kim Pegula vs. Tim Murray showdown. LOL

Quite a mysogynistic tone here. Not cleaning the building but sitting in on men's meetings. Oh-no.

Anyway, she had a pretty good draft and free agency period. :P

Of course it's sexist. Terry's involvement never had Bucky suggesting people would be shaking their heads. We're all a product of where and when we grew up. Bucky's a South Buffalo dude out of the 70s.

Quite a mysogynistic tone here. Not cleaning the building but sitting in on men's meetings. Oh-no.

Anyway, she had a pretty good draft and free agency period. :P

Well, that tone was set from the outset by the Pegulas themselves, when Kim was designated to be the interior designer.

By the way, Korab, this is what turns me on — that, and your mom wearing just a slug.

Not unfair.

I'd love to know if Kim's involvement changed at some point, or if she was sitting on meetings from the outset. Maybe Terry's not well, who knows.

I'd also like to know the motivation of Bucky's source.

One more thing. Anyone else remember Terry on Day One talking about how he still has a family in Florida, a daughter trying to break into pro tennis, etc. and he wouldn't be able to be in Buffalo all the time. When and why did that change? Why do the Pegulas even feel the need to be hovering over everything all the time?

Wow, this story has everything! Sex, sexism, dress shields, a corrupt judge, and meddling, meddling, meddling. When I read this subject line, poppa hit the jackpot!!!!

His "shaking your head" statement just kind of screams "oh no, I'm really masculine and don't want a woman involved in sports management." Who is to say she isn't really well-versed in the operations of this hockey team and isn't having a positive impact?

His "shaking your head" statement just kind of screams "oh no, I'm really masculine and don't want a woman involved in sports management." Who is to say she isn't really well-versed in the operations of this hockey team and isn't having a positive impact?

I hope she's well-versed. She's what? 45? Asian-American women have the longest life expectancy....over 85 years I'm guessing.

White men on average live to 75.

She could survive Terry by over 30 years.

This is a friendly message from the Sabrespace Amateur Actuarial Society.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.