The tank is 1/2 over...

LabattBlue

133 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be pissed if the tank goes off course and the Sabres don't pick #1 or #2?

• Yes
    • No

For the second time today and for the last time in '14: I don't care if you are pro- or anti-tank (we know where I stand, it's anti): Do you think it will work, i.e., at present, do you really think the Sabs will finish at bottom? I think it's almost impossible.

I understand what you're saying, but this is where we have our fundamental disagreement. You think legitimate progress has been made and is being made, and I see this team as just about as bad as they were last year. Maybe not quite as terrible, but still a mid-60 point team when all is said and done. I think the team needs one more offseason of changes before they get to the point that you already think they're at. With that, I am going to enter into a self-imposed armistice for the evening :)

I think this is definitely the impasse. I'm cool with calling a cease fire for now, I gotta give my posting fingers a rest.

For the second time today and for the last time in '14: I don't care if you are pro- or anti-tank (we know where I stand, it's anti): Do you think it will work, i.e., at present, do you really think the Sabs will finish at bottom? I think it's almost impossible.

Pro Tank myself, and no I do not expect them to finish 30th anymore. Arizona and the Canes will start fire sales after Jan and EDM will stand pat.

Being a Jaded Buffalo Fan I fully expect McDavid to score the OT Series Clinching Goal against the Sabres in the 2018 ECF for Carolina and advance to the SCF for a 2006 Rematch against the Eichel Led Oilers.

With so many teams in the running I'll go with not likely, but not impossible.

Playoffs are closer to impossible than the shart is. Therefore tank.

Pro Tank myself, and no I do not expect them to finish 30th anymore. Arizona and the Canes will start fire sales after Jan and EDM will stand pat.

Being a Jaded Buffalo Fan I fully expect McDavid to score the OT Series Clinching Goal against the Sabres in the 2018 ECF for Carolina and advance to the SCF for a 2006 Rematch against the Eichel Led Oilers.

To quote Colonel Kurtz "The horror, the horror"

We may have (un)lucked ourselves out of McEichel, but it isn't only about those two...or it shouldn't be, anyway. I think we're an absolute lock for a top-5 pick and Hanifin/Strome. That's working as far as I'm concerned, especially since those guys are #1 picks in plenty of draft classes.

We may have (un)lucked ourselves out of McEichel, but it isn't only about those two...or it shouldn't be, anyway. I think we're an absolute lock for a top-5 pick and Hanifin/Strome. That's working as far as I'm concerned, especially since those guys are #1 picks in plenty of draft classes.

Strome has the potential to be a number 1 center and Hanifin would give GMTM The ability to trade a young D Man for a scoring forward. Either or will work.

Does your tank make that beep beep beep sound when it backs up?

Strome has the potential to be a number 1 center and Hanifin would give GMTM The ability to trade a young D Man for a scoring forward. Either or will work.

With such a small difference in results needed in getting McEichel vs Strome and the apparent big difference in their prospective play, I hope Murray does whatever is necessary for the Sabres to get McEichel. It may be impossible now, given that Edm and some others have tasted 30th or the near it, but I still hold out hope that the Sabres can make it happen.

I don't have time to search now, but in reference to PA's comment to TBPhd, I disntinctly remember a series of posts before the season began where many of the ardent tank supporters went on record saying that while the hope is McEichel many of us wouldn't be crying with a top five pick either.

You remember it because it happened. But of course, it doesn't fit the narrative.

Here's the problem: This is no longer a team in tear-down mode. If this was the year where things get blown up, then being on board with the tank makes sense. The idea being "what's the worst that could happen". But we're past the phase where the team being bad is something that makes sense. The ebb and flow of success and failure is on the upswing. They cannot recreate last year without forcing it to happen. There's no going back. Pulling for this team to tank again is counter to progress. You might get that shiny prize player, but at what cost? Because I don't see a McDavid or Eichel without the Sabres paying another pound of flesh. They're going to have to go backwards and they're going to have to do it unwillingly. Plenty seem willing to take that risk. I'm not so sure it ends with sunshine and parades.

you are absolutely watching a different team than I am. I still see the same crap team with a hot goalie - there is no upswing in their play. They are the worst offensive team in the league and one of the worst defensive teams in the league (even over the last 14 games). Their PP sucks and the Penalty Killing isnt much better. Yes, we are past the tear down stage, now we sit at the bottom of the crater for a year, two or maybe even 3. The upswing is a mirage - dont be fooled. Your pulling for a team to win on the back of a hot goaltender and will be counter productive to the long term future of this team. Soon - when Enroth plays back to his career avg the Sabres will shoot back down the crater. Lets hope its not too late to secure a top 3 or 4 pick when it happens.

you are absolutely watching a different team than I am. I still see the same crap team with a hot goalie - there is no upswing in their play. They are the worst offensive team in the league and one of the worst defensive teams in the league (even over the last 14 games). Their PP sucks and the Penalty Killing isnt much better. Yes, we are past the tear down stage, now we sit at the bottom of the crater for a year, two or maybe even 3. The upswing is a mirage - dont be fooled. Your pulling for a team to win on the back of a hot goaltender and will be counter productive to the long term future of this team. Soon - when Enroth plays back to his career avg the Sabres will shoot back down the crater. Lets hope its not too late to secure a top 3 or 4 pick when it happens.

If we have a GM worth anything, no, this winning does not go against all the hard work that goes into tanking to make your future better.

As a team, they are much more competitive within the game. They are IN every game of late.

There is a second line. Ennis-Zemgus-Moulson

There are two defensive Pairs: Gorges-Myers

Risto-Zads

I'm much less worried about goal-tending.

Enroth might not be the final dominant answer - but he might just be a Marty Biron.

I don't think you need to worry much about finding bottom 6 forwards they can always be found.

What is needed is a top forward line and a bottom D pair.

That's some progress in my mind even if the team isn't more competitive in the league standings yet.