Islanders Watch - Tank Commander II

X. Benedict

i would have thought a self appointed expert would know that one of the Islanders top prospects is the captain of the memorial cup winning Edmonton Oil Kings -Griffen Reinhart. maybe you should watch the prospects game and learn a little about them?

D'oh!

In my defense, my expertise lies in off topic subjects.

D'oh!

In my defense, my expertise lies in off topic subjects.

Everytime someone asks a question about meat, I eagerly await your response.

Hockey prospects... not so much.

Hockey Fights? You've got it there too.

Not true. They draw four balls:

http://www.nhl.com/i...ge.htm?id=68856

I am really impressed that they were able to work in the phrase "expulsion of balls".

Everytime someone asks a question about meat, I eagerly await your response.

Hockey prospects... not so much.

Hockey Fights? You've got it there too.

If this team ever gets fun to watch again I may have to resume the Fight Night threads.

Islanders Blue/White scrimmage from the 2014 developement camp is availabe on their website. Ho-Sang has a good game but probably not ready to contribute this season. pretty sure Reinhart is going to step into their line-up though

We can trade them Myers for Reinhart plus their 2016 1st. In fact, as long as Snow's their GM, they should automatically give us their 1st 'cus we own him.

• 2 weeks later...

From Elliotte Friedmans final 30 thoughts of the NHL season that pertain to the Islanders:

15. The Islanders were prepared to give Jarome Iginla four years.

16. Isles coach Jack Capuano is spending his summer working on structural adjustments to the team's penalty kill, which was 29th. "We're going to change the way we forecheck on it, and, when the puck is in our zone, we're going to pressure differently."

17. With a glut of centres, Capuano said that Brock Nelson is going to get a shot at the wing with John Tavares (who is skating again) and Kyle Okposo. Nelson played with them on the power play and spent time on the wing at the world championships. Frans Nielsen is not switching positions. "Frans is one of the smartest players in hockey. And he thinks the game as a centre."

18. As for Mikhail Grabovski and Nikolai Kulemin, Capuano did not promise that they would be united, "But, we do know what the advanced stats say about them together." (Hint: they are good.) He added that Calvin de Haan is a going to get a long look as Travis Hamonic's full-time partner.

19. Here's the question Capuano can't answer, but is very hopeful about. New York's three goalies combined for an .898 save percentage last season, which just won't do. If Jaroslav Halak and Chad Johnson play to their career averages (.918 and .926, respectively), how many more points is that worth?

20. It's difficult to know for sure, but word last week was the sale from Charles Wang to Andrew Barroway hit a snag. What's uncertain is if it means there will be no sale, or if there will be no sale to this particular buyer. Whatever the case, things are a little cloudier than expected.

:

20. It's difficult to know for sure, but word last week was the sale from Charles Wang to Andrew Barroway hit a snag. What's uncertain is if it means there will be no sale, or if there will be no sale to this particular buyer. Whatever the case, things are a little cloudier than expected.

No sale = good news for the Sabres.

• 2 weeks later...

Blogger at Puck Daddy pegs the Islanders as the team that did the most to improve itself this offseason.

http://sports.yahoo....diacontentstory

He lost me with this...

It would be shocking if this team didn't make the playoffs. Can you imagine saying that about the Islanders four months ago?

It would be shocking if Boston or Chicago didn't make the playoffs. But the Islanders? c'mon. At the very best they are a coin flip for making the post-season.

He lost me with this...

It would be shocking if Boston or Chicago didn't make the playoffs. But the Islanders? c'mon. At the very best they are a coin flip for making the post-season.

Even with the so called upgrades, they have a lot of climbing to do in that division to make the playoffs. I'd call Pittsburgh and the rags locks. So with that, they need to beat out at least two of Washington, New Jersey, Columbus, and philly. That's a pretty tall order.

Good news for the Sabres: it looks like the sale of the Islanders to Andrew Barroway is dead: http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/05/report-barroway-ceases-negotiations-to-buy-isles/

With Wang as their owner, the Islanders are stuck in a Buffalo-Bills-like quicksand of loser-dom.

I think they will be bottom-8 this year, and possibly much worse.

Good news for the Sabres: it looks like the sale of the Islanders to Andrew Barroway is dead: http://prohockeytalk...s-to-buy-isles/

With Wang as their owner, the Islanders are stuck in a Buffalo-Bills-like quicksand of loser-dom.

I think they will be bottom-8 this year, and possibly much worse.

If I had to pick a team that would fit this description it isn't the NYI, I would pick the Maple Leafs.

• 2 months later...

:wacko:

Let's get this straight.

Islanders winning games this year = bad for the Sabres.

Canes losing this year = bad for the Sabres even if you aren't pro Sabres tank. Unless of course you'd rather see McEichel in our conference rather than out west.

sekera and gerbe! Go canes go!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.