Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Honestly the West is a cluster ###### of possibilities.  The fire power that the Ducks have, the depth that the Blues have, the consistency of winning that the Kings and Hawks have.  The surging leap that the Wild have made and the first time to the dance card Winnipeg Jets.  Then there's the Flames and the Canucks.  It's wide open and match-up's really are going too be the focus.  I would say the East is a little bit more narrow with Tampa, Montreal, the NY burrows having the legit chances.  There is still time for Pittsburgh to get their heads out of their @$$es but I would think it's less than likely of getting past the 2nd round.  It will come down to who steps up when their team needs them most.  Which goal tender steals a series.  Who plays out of their minds.  

Edited by TheCerebral1

Babcock sure did earn brownie points last night, or was it a gold star, either way GMTM put one in the plus column for him

Is there even a minus column for Babcock?

I fear that Canada's coach will be coaching the blue/white team to the North next year..

I fear that Canada's coach will be coaching the blue/white team to the North next year..

No way a guy like Babcock, a winner, decides to leave Detroit for Toronto. If he leaves Detroit, it will be because someone pays him, and because he thinks he can win there for a long time. It's been mentioned he's voiced concerns about Detroit's age and health of its best players. Edited by WildComrade

To me the Toronto Maple Leafs are in the same place as The Oakland Raiders in terms of franchises. Both with poor ownership making bad decisions. Yet, on occasion,  hiring good people and not allowing them to do their job. Both in extremely large markets with rabid fans, they will always make money, and see no need to change their ways.

No way a guy like Babcock, a winner, decides to leave Detroit for Toronto. If he leaves Detroit, it will be because someone pays him, and because he thinks he an win their for a long time. It's been mentioned he's voiced concerns about Detroit's age and health of its best players.

If Sabres complete the shart I see Babcock behind the Buffalo bench next season.  If not, I see them bringing in another top-tier coaching talent.  But if GMTM can't execute a big upgrade at coach I can see him letting Nolan finish out his contract and see what's available the following off-season.

Agree w/ the others that don't expect him to end up in TO.  They are setting up to have next year be their absolute low point.  Only way I'd expect to see it is if they win the lottery; and even then it wouldn't be a given.

I'd still expect him to wind up back in Detroit but am hoping he doesn't.

Agree w/ the others that don't expect him to end up in TO.  They are setting up to have next year be their absolute low point.  Only way I'd expect to see it is if they win the lottery; and even then it wouldn't be a given.

I'd still expect him to wind up back in Detroit but am hoping he doesn't.

It'll be interesting to see AZ and TO battle it out. Buffalo will hopefully be smugly looking on from 24th place. :)

EDIT: and, it'll be interested to see all the enraged TO writers complaining about the tank. Yeah right.

Edited by Met'yuPirog

Not really sure how I feel about this list, considering Horvat leads the league and Derek Roy is in the top 20. But here it is, FWIW

<a href = "http://www.tsn.ca/which-nhl-players-generate-chances-1.240666">NHl Players Who Generate the Most Chances</a>

Can someone tell me how to hyperlink on here please?

Edited by WildComrade

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.