Free Agent Frenzy 2014

Hoss

I absolutely hate the unwritten rules about not offering RFAs. "Free agent" is in there for a reason. So is restricted. Don't low ball but pay what you value that player as. If their team won't ante up it's not your fault. There are compensation system, too.

It's for weasels. It should not be allowed. It even got Weasel Darcy fired up for what happened and he would never stoop to that level to use it. The GM's that done it, without knowing off the top of my head are also probably no longer employed.

Edit: I'm sure we would have given Vanek his proper worth at the time. What he got was a joke. Looks good on the Oil that they have managed to screw up so bad even with all those number 1's.

Edited by beerme1

Now Brad Richards is back in the game too.

We won't get him or go for him, but I would love to have his veteran presence and experience on board.

But Ott and or Callahan would be great too.

Hey if you could add Richards, Moulson, Callahan....suddenly Nolan could start making some lines.

Just an unbiased question:

Are all those tank "preachers" owner of season tickets?

I would suggest they are'nt, but I would love to hear from those who are season ticket owners.

If I would not be living in Germany but in Buffalo I believe I would, depending on my salary, own season tickets.

But then I would like to see a competetive team instead of a tank galore and would pray for a big splash from GMTM.

What do you think?

Edited by LaLaLaFontaine

I would suggest they are'nt, but I would love to hear from those who are season ticket owners.

If I would not be living in Germany but in Buffalo I believe I would, depending on my salary, own season tickets.

But then I would like to see a competetive team instead of a tank galore and would pray for a big splash from GMTM.

What do you think?

I'm pro-tank. If I lived in Buffalo, I would own season tickets. I do not live in Buffalo; I do not own season tickets.

I'm pro-tank. If I lived in Buffalo, I would own season tickets. I do not live in Buffalo; I do not own season tickets.

Same, but if I lived in Buffalo I'd surely only split seasons with someone. I had season tickets in my mid 20s with no responsibilities and even then it was too many games.

If I'm going to pay $200 for 60 minutes of sucking, 41 times a year.....it sure as hell ain't going to be at the arena......

Quotes like that are the reason why I joined this board. Oh yeah, and to talk about the Sabres.

What do you think?

Season ticket holder here. I've said this before but I'll say it again. No way we are finishing last in the second year under Nolan.

With some interesting moves we could seriously improve. While I would like to win the prize at the end of next season by winning draft lotto, this past season was simply to much to endure as a season ticket holder. So I renewed my tickets! The arena experience was worse than stepping in steaming hot dog ###### with no shoes on.

If we do finish last I expect to see far more entertaining hockey next season and think it will be a goalies fault if we end up dead last. I would be quite happy with a season like that. If we end up with another first for this draft tank nation is over.

Season ticket holder here. I've said this before but I'll say it again. No way we are finishing last in the second year under Nolan.

With some interesting moves we could seriously improve. While I would like to win the prize at the end of next season by winning draft lotto, this past season was simply to much to endure as a season ticket holder. So I renewed my tickets! The arena experience was worse than stepping in steaming hot dog ###### with no shoes on.

If we do finish last I expect to see far more entertaining hockey next season and think it will be a goalies fault if we end up dead last. I would be quite happy with a season like that. If we end up with another first for this draft tank nation is over.

I have seasons and would much rather have a tear down like this than the mediocrity we've seen from the Bills over the past 15 years. I respect this organizational approach because it maximizes our chances of being good again. In my opinion it's bold to take the path we're taking. You can lose your entire fan base, especially if the Bills become a good team.

I only ask that when I show up that I'm entertained and don't openly see players phoning it in. Watching Vanek at the beginning of last year bothered me a lot more than seeing John Scott actually attempt to skate a semi normal shift. I fear that unless Ehrhoff is moved that we will see the same thing out of him next year.

The very end of the Rolston occupation was the worst that I have ever seen. It felt like work to drag myself to the arena and watch a team go through the motions for 60 minutes.

I can't predict what this free agency will be like. We all know sabres will have a top 3 pick again next year, so who does gmtm go after this summer. I think he can add some good players and we can still have a top 3 pick. I would add players that can help this year but more importantly help us next year. I think adding some guys like callahan and michalek will get the job done

I'll make some bad guesses:

Thomas Vanek, LW to Minnesota

Paul Stastny, C to Dallas

Ryan Miller, G to Vancouver

Andrei Markov, D stays in Montreal

Jarome Iginla, RW state in Boston

Matt Moulson, LW to Dallas

Marian Gaborik, RW stays in LA

Matt Niskanen, D to Detroit

Ryan Callahan, RW stays in Tampa Bay

Jonas Hiller, G to Washington

Brian Boyle, C to Ottawa

Steve Ott, C stays in St. Louis

Mike Cammalleri, LW to New Jersey

Dan Boyle, D to Pittsburgh

Lee Stempniak, RW to Buffalo

Dave Bolland, C to Florida

Radim Vrbata, RW to Pittsburgh

Anton Stralman, D stays in NY

Shawn Thornton, LW to San Jose

Ales Hemsky, LW to Phoenix

Milan Michalek, LW to PHI

Statsny and Moulson in Dallas? I think that would make them a playoff team.

But.... they already are a playoff team. :)

I think we will get Matt Moulson back. Proximity to family (he is from nearby Mississauga) is what I'm banking on. And, for some reason I think local boy Lee Stempniak to Buffalo sounds good. We'll get a marginally talented veteran defenseman too... just not sure which one.

Free agency aside, I predict a big trade that brings us an expensive forward who another team needs to get rid of to clear salary.

Statsny and Moulson in Dallas? I think that would make them a playoff team.

I wasn't really considering other picks when making certain picks, but I think those are two guys that would be exactly what Dallas needs outside of the net.

I wasn't really considering other picks when making certain picks, but I think those are two guys that would be exactly what Dallas needs outside of the net.

Too budget-conscious, though. They might pick up one notable UFA, but I don't think two.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.