Free Agent Frenzy 2014

Hoss

I can't believe I missed so much over the last two weeks, I was in very remote parts and only had wifi for short bursts, I have to say I'm Surprised about everything that went down, was not expecting to see the sabres dismantle the Habs, I was expecting Moulson and/or Ott to come back. I don't think we're gonna be as bad as some people think this season, I don't think playoffs, but I think the team we may assemble could drop our draft stock significantly

I trust TM knows exactly what he's doing and that he did little more than rearrange the chairs on the Titanic. Should be more entertaining though.

I trust TM knows exactly what he's doing and that he did little more than rearrange the chairs on the Titanic. Should be more entertaining though.

I think the only way the Sabres don't get a good look at DFL, is if Reinhart is the next Adam Oates, Hodgson blossoms into Mark Recchi on the wing, all the young D immediately become difference makers, Stafford performs big in yet another contract year, Ennis is Briere and Chris Stewart actually plays 70+ games. So yeah...it ain't happening.

Oh god I hope so, anything would be more entertaining than last year. I wonder If the players are aware that they are still "rebuilding" and that maybe they shouldn't go 100% or if they know I'd they stick out another bad year or so then good things will come

I think the only way the Sabres don't get a good look at DFL, is if Reinhart is the next Adam Oates, Hodgson blossoms into Mark Recchi on the wing, all the young D immediately become difference makers, Stafford performs big in yet another contract year, Ennis is Briere and Chris Stewart actually plays 70+ games. So yeah...it ain't happening.

and enroth becomes hasek

Let's break down the likelihood

"if Reinhart is the next Adam Oates" = unlikely but technically possible/ though it being a 18 yr old rookie won't help.

"Hodgson blossoms into Mark Recchi on the wing" = I doubt that, I think pigs may fly first. Hodgson may become a great winger, but definitely nowhere near Recchi

"all the young D immediately become difference makers" = all of the doubtful, one of them however is sorta likely however that would vary by opinion of what equals difference maker

"Stafford performs big in yet another contract year" = likely, of all of these this one isn't farfetched

"Ennis is Briere" = unlikely but I guess in theory it would be possible

"Chris Stewart actually plays 70+ games" = 60+ games would be pretty likely, 70+ unlikely

"Enroth becoming Hasek" = Hodgson has a better chance of becoming Zedeno Chara's size overnight

Oh god I hope so, anything would be more entertaining than last year. I wonder If the players are aware that they are still "rebuilding" and that maybe they shouldn't go 100% or if they know I'd they stick out another bad year or so then good things will come

and enroth becomes hasek

They'll be looking for a new team if not.

Steve Ott has not signed yet. Absolutely baffling. Virtually no talk about him. It's due to one of the following:

1.) Teams don't think he's that good anymore. (Despite below average showing with Blues I doubt this is it)

2.) He has an agreement in place with Buffalo (awaiting a trade to free a roster spot)

3.) He has an agreement in place with Philadelphia (awaiting Vinny L trade to free cap space)

4.) He thinks he's worth Dave Bolland's INSANE contract

5.) He just doesn't care because his wife is freaking gorgeous and they had their 1 year anniversary

Br3SWRmIgAAfqJq.jpg

BrzuIdKIYAAIOKT.jpg

Edited by Warriorspikes51

post-1053-0-91792500-1404624047_thumb.jpg

Lol glorious!!

They'll be looking for a new team if not.

I would probably expect Nolan to have his players going 110% and most professionals are all about pride, but a tiny part of me wonders that during a tank/rebuild strategy if players are assembled are known to have a lower ceiling to assure that the rebuild goes according to plan.

And Steve Ott has a hot wife

Steve Ott has not signed yet. Absolutely baffling. Virtually no talk about him. It's due to one of the following:

1.) Teams don't think he's that good anymore. (Despite below average showing with Blues I doubt this is it)

2.) He has an agreement in place with Buffalo (awaiting a trade to free a roster spot)

3.) He has an agreement in place with Philadelphia (awaiting Vinny L trade to free cap space)

4.) He thinks he's worth Dave Bolland's INSANE contract

5.) He just doesn't care because his wife is freaking gorgeous and they had their 1 year anniversary

Br3SWRmIgAAfqJq.jpg

BrzuIdKIYAAIOKT.jpg

Good for him, he is a good dude I am glad he is happy! :)

I wonder If the players are aware that they are still "rebuilding" and that maybe they shouldn't go 100% or if they know I'd they stick out another bad year or so then good things will come

I doubt they're being told not to go 100%, but if they can't seem to grasp what's going on here, they're dumb and I wouldn't want them leading our young players. That said, I expect them to give a good effort nightly, but above all, lead by example, create a nurturing environment, and have fun.

And Ott's wife is hot. If I were him, I wouldn't have even notice FA started.

Edited by kas23

Without sounding like too much of a dick, everyone knows that millionaire athletes get hot chicks, right?

Lol thank you for that... Any man with money for that matter can get a smokin hot chick. (Except Vince wilfork but that's my own personal opinion and good for him if she's what he likes).

Without sounding like too much of a dick, everyone knows that millionaire athletes get hot chicks, right?

I thought it was because he could tell her to "go ##### herself with a ##### ##### ##### in a #####!" in Russian, Swedish and Finnish.

Chicks dig guys who speak multiple hockey languages.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.