Free Agent Frenzy 2014

Hoss

Definition of clinging on desperately right now. If the Wild are interested I'd pack my bags in a second and take a deal, even if it's for less money. If his major goal is to win a cup as he keeps stating then he needs to leave his wife off the top of the priority list.

I wouldn't go to the Wild either given the choice. Any team with Jason Pominville on it I'm passing on.

Chris Nichols@NicholsOnHockey 2h

McKenzie: Ehrhoff probably five-year range, $5 million per. Looking for chance to win. Mentions #NHLDucks, #TBLightning, #Pens, #RedWings

Ansar Khan@AnsarKhanMLive 5m

Red Wings aggressively pursuing Matt Niskanen, Dan Boyle in free agency; out on Christian Ehrhoff http://s.mlive.com/2VDdNRO via @mlive

Quick UFA question that I'm not starting a new thread for: would you rather the Sabres sign Vrbata, Moulson or Ott?

Moulson, by far, has the most exciting eyebrows I have seen on a hockey player. I would pick him first of the three. The little I know of his personality, and we all know his skill(s), makes me think he would have the most to give as a teaching teammate.

Moulson, by far, has the most exciting eyebrows I have seen on a hockey player. I would pick him first of the three. The little I know of his personality, and we all know his skill(s), makes me think he would have the most to give as a teaching teammate.

This is one of the reasons I like Moulson: http://www.pinterest...11349057551559/

Edited by Potato

Moulson. We need guys who can put the puck in the net and that is what Moulson does.

Plus, I liked his attitude A LOT - Got dealt to a ###### team (granted, from an already ###### team), and just went about his business, adding offense as best he could.

Class.

I'd love Moulson's attitude and he is ideal for riding shotgun with a young centre.

but I really think he'll be offered a better deal by a contender.

Ott and Gionta would be perfect for what Tim is looking for.

But a veteran Dman better than Hank is crucial with Ehrhoff gone.

We have so much money we could offer Ott or Gionta$12 million over three years and not hurt our salary structure at all.

This is one of the reasons I like Moulson: http://www.pinterest...11349057551559/

Another reason to want Moulson back.

A common trait between Moulson, Gionta, and Ott would have to be their work ethic and the fact they show up every night. Add Brooks Orpik who's been voted Player's Player Award in Pittsburgh multiple times and we've got ourselves a solid base to work from. With the core being presently built, a solid base is what these youngsters need.

I don't have any clue to who Murray has in mind any free agent that wants to win won't be coming to Buffalo. Buffalo has to have a pretty big list but I'm guessing the players list along with their agents list probably has buffalo close to the bottom. I just don't see Buffalo as an attractive destination for free agents this year. To me this is like year 1 of the rebuild process even though it started last year. You want to develop those young guys then keep them in Rochester and keep guys in juniors. This is going to be a couple of more years of this garbage on ice. You figure we should have a top 5 pick, the islanders pick will be in the teens and St Louis in the 20's. By the time u develop some of these guys it's a couple of more years. Murray really needs to find players that are too down on a teams depth list and grab them. Who he has in mind I have no idea. But to really back into the UFA's I just don't see any of the good ones coming here. And please no Stastny.

Another reason to want Moulson back.

A common trait between Moulson, Gionta, and Ott would have to be their work ethic and the fact they show up every night. Add Brooks Orpik who's been voted Player's Player Award in Pittsburgh multiple times and we've got ourselves a solid base to work from. With the core being presently built, a solid base is what these youngsters need.

Your right they would be a solid base to start from but I just don't see any of them coming here. I'm guessing the Islanders yes the Islanders are going to land a couple of free agents of quality before we do.

It's slightly off topic, but when I hopped in my car this morning I quickly turned to the NHL station on XM. Today is the first day where apparently their morning show goes on summer hiatus. I can't believe they wouldn't delay that by a day since this is free agency day. What poor planning.

One thing I hate that is constantly "reported" as free agency approaches is that "player x will test the market but hasn't ruled out a return to x team." It's not actually news in, really, any way.

It's fairly safe to say that a solid portion of "news" that is "reported" is all hedged language. Our society has become so addicted to "breaking" news that people who run news operations feel like they have to put out anything just to seem relevant.

This is why I don't get caught up in any of it. it's either some guy throwing stuff at the wall to see if he can salvage his career or it's another guy reporting the obvious. Throw in the guy who is the tool of an organization's brass (as in, hey, float unnamed sources saying this so we can see who responds) and you have it covered.

There are only a few guys worth following at this point. Even they join the mass speculation ranks and play the games but at least they also get some real material once in awhile.

OK, who wants Brian Gionta? He's 35, 5'7", 174 lbs and a right winger -- so at first glance, he doesn't call out "come and get me." OTOH, he's also in good enough shape and professional enough to have played almost 18 min per game and put up 40 pts for the Habs, who were a good team last year. So he's probably the good-influence kind of guy that TM wants to have around the youngsters.

I'm interested.

OK, who wants Brian Gionta? He's 35, 5'7", 174 lbs and a right winger -- so at first glance, he doesn't call out "come and get me." OTOH, he's also in good enough shape and professional enough to have played almost 18 min per game and put up 40 pts for the Habs, who were a good team last year. So he's probably the good-influence kind of guy that TM wants to have around the youngsters.

I'm interested.

He's exactly the guy I want.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.