2014 - 2015 Sabres Prospects

Johnny DangerFace

I don't love the biting but the way he handled Crouse in the fight more than makes up for it. Also, if Crouse was jamming his hand in his face during the scrum, I really don't have a problem with it.

Plus, for better or worse, the Sabres could benefit from a little crazy. Pretty much since Black Sunday, the Sabres have been a team that didn't like losing, but really didn't HATE it either. So right about now I see the benefit in having a buy whose mentality is "I'm gonna beat your ass and if you're still messing with me on the ice I'm gonna f***ing bite you too." Would you ever want to play against that guy?

Yes. More crazy please.

Sabres Prospects weekend review

"J.T. Compher (-2, 2 SOG) was unable to get on the score sheet as No. 14 Michigan was defeated by No. 11 Boston University 3-2. The sophomore winger has collected three assists through his first five games. Zach Werenski ('15) collected a goal and an assist for the Wolverines, while fellow 2015 draft horse Jack Eichel scored the game-tying goal in the third period to give him a team-best six points (3+3) in his first three NCAA contests. Michigan visits Michigan Tech next weekend. - See more at: http://www.sabrespro...h.AFIhYRrT.dpuf"

I should be paying more attention. I don't know if they're any good, but a weekend sweep of the two Michigan teams is always a welcomed sight.

Justin Bailey: 52nd overall 2013, 6'3" 200lbs RW. 12games 9g, 7a for Kitchener OHL

http://youtu.be/2YD0Saa9j_Y

Thanks for this clip. I think this kid is gonna be something when he learns to play the game. One of the idiots at WGR went to see the Otters to check out McDavid and Strome. They happened to be playing Kitchener and he said the best player on the ice that night was Bailey. I realize that's one game and it's an idiot from WGR but still, that's a helluva thing to say given how good McDavid and Strome are.

GO SABRES!!!

Nobody really talking about Makarov... He's tearing it up in Rochester. 27 for 27 through two periods tonight.

Everyone continues to dismiss Makarov when I bring him up. I think he's got the best raw goalie talent for his age in the organization right now. And he thrives when he's getting a lot of work.

Nobody really talking about Makarov... He's tearing it up in Rochester. 27 for 27 through two periods tonight.

Got the Shut Out Tonight.

Everyone continues to dismiss Makarov when I bring him up. I think he's got the best raw goalie talent for his age in the organization right now. And he thrives when he's getting a lot of work.

That will be handy with this team

I agree. I still think we should be adding goalies/goalie prospects, but I'm most confident in him from what we have.

Baptiste has four goals in three games since returning from injury.

This just got me legitimately excited. I pumped my fist when I read this. Hadn't heard how he was doing.

Edited by Tankalicious

Oh i have always had him as our future #1, just love his quick glove, he sometimes makes saves that remind me of miller.

went to see my 2nd OHL game of the season last night and for the 2nd time the best player on the ice was a Sabres Prospect. Game 1 Bailey was head and shoulders above everyone else and last night it was Baptiste. In the 3rd period he dominated with 1G and 2 assists. He also sent in a team mate for a clear cut breakaway with a perfect lob pass that wasn't converted into a goal.

Here are the highlites:

http://www.ontarioho...3e055c74d93d707

For those close enough - McDavid and Strome visit the new Meridian Centre in St. Catharines on Thursday night - really nice new arena.

Edited by Crusader1969

went to see my 2nd OHL game of the season last night and for the 2nd time the best player on the ice was a Sabres Prospect. Game 1 Bailey was head and shoulders above everyone else and last night it was Baptiste. In the 3rd period he dominated with 1G and 2 assists. He also sent in a team mate for a clear cut breakaway with a perfect lob pass that wasn't converted into a goal.

Here are the highlites:

http://www.ontarioho...3e055c74d93d707

For those close enough - McDavid and Strome visit the new Meridian Centre in St. Catharines on Thursday night - really nice new arena.

that's great! The game I went to Bailey was the best player on the ice, also. Had a hat trick.

I am going to be grumpy for a moment because our last pick in round #2, #49 overall Vaclav Karabecek of the QMJHL is meh IMPO. Instead of that pick we should have taken Justin Kirkland of the WHL. Why? Because everything I read told me how could Kirkland was going to be and everything on Karabecek made me hesitate. Looking over their starts to the season, I still want Kirkland. /endrant

I am going to be grumpy for a moment because our last pick in round #2, #49 overall Vaclav Karabecek of the QMJHL is meh IMPO. Instead of that pick we should have taken Justin Kirkland of the WHL. Why? Because everything I read told me how could Kirkland was going to be and everything on Karabecek made me hesitate. Looking over their starts to the season, I still want Kirkland. /endrant

Kirkland had a high potential in nhl 14 lol

I wasn't thrilled with Connor Hurley in 2013 when Santini and Bowey were around. (Or Bailey, but we ended up getting him anyway.) Hopefully it turns out I was wrong about that.

I wanted Dougherty instead of Karabecek but he hasn't been too special so far this year. Hopefully passing on Barbashev at 31 doesn't burn us either.

I agree with your assessments of Karabecek and Kirkland, but in retrospect, I think the play at 49 should have been what Vancouver did at 50, trade the pick to LA for Linden Vey. The Sabres had another shot at Kirkland in round 3 before Nashville ended up taking him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.