Semifinals Thread

Eleven

Anyone think the Rangers can beat the Kings or Hawks? (I sure don't)

They're hot at the right time, have the inspiration with Marty, and have the bet goalie in the world playing like it. I think they definitely can beat either west team

Damn, forgot to post this in a timely manner:

I felt a great disturbance in The Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I feel something terrible has happened in Canada.

Damn, forgot to post this in a timely manner:

I felt a great disturbance in The Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I feel something terrible has happened in Canada.

Its terrible for a minority of Canucks that the habs are done but for the vast majority of us its business as usual. I won't lose any sleep over it but a few of my friends are hardcore born and bred habs fans and now they're brainwashing their kids into the same misery.

I feel good for Marty St.Louis after what he's gone through. And the Canucks coach Alain Whatsisname who was a fallguy for Gillis but I don't think this team can beat L.A. or Chicago for that matter. It should be a good final.

Not sure what you're getting at with Governor's Island, as there are no trains or cabs on that island, or with Grand Central, as it is a train station, not a bus station.

In any case, to each his own.

The ferry was taking people from the island to the terminal after the concert. There was a subway entrance right across the street from the ferry tetminal. My apologies for not clarifying.

Also, something was going on with the Port Authority Bus Terminal - they were having people board buses at Grand Central...idk.

Edited by Andrew Amerk

The gap between the western finalists and the Rangers is significant.

Howevah. The Rangers are capable of playing a style that could give them an improbable four wins in the next round.

if that were to come to pass, that would likely make for a somewhat dull brand of hockey in the SCF.

That last line is a bit baffling.

I know you've only been here for a bit, but I have a considerable history of asserting that Vanek's problem is trying too hard, and not trying too little. Some disagree, of course. I'm serious, though; I don't think he takes shifts off, I think it was a mistake to bench/demote him rather than parking him in front of Lundqvist, and now Therrien is paying the price.

Lundqvist responded to being benched the previous game with a good performance. There were only 18 shots against him, though, so I wouldn't call it incredible - but he was definitely playing like Lundqvist again.

The commentators mentioned that statistically Lundqvist is likely to be very good in the game after he's been benched; I think the commentator was alluding to the idea that it was probably a good idea to bench Lundqvist.

I dunno how valid that is - they used 'wins' as the stat which by itself isn't a great stat. Tokarski played a tremendous game last night - he achieved a Miller Shut-Out, blocking 31 of 32 shots, 1.0 GAA and .969 SVG% and he got a 'loss'.

The question I'd have - is his percentage of "wins" to losses in games following being benched significantly higher than his ordinary percentage of wins?

I guess Kreider did his job, then. :doh:

Kreider should be proud - he's technically a rookie (only played 23 games last year), but now his name will be almost synonymous with a goalie getting taken out at a most opportune time by the other team. ie, "He got Kreidered" Accidentally, on-purpose. ;)

If you don't want someone flying into your goalie, don't knock the skate they are balancing on. Honestly to me it looked entirely like Emelin (i think) fault. Also Tokarski played fantastically, especially last night, i'm not sure Price's presence would have changed much. Tokarski did enough for his team mates to trust him.

If you only get 18 shots on goal, you probably aren't going to win

Guest Sloth

If you don't want someone flying into your goalie, don't knock the skate they are balancing on. Honestly to me it looked entirely like Emelin (i think) fault. Also Tokarski played fantastically, especially last night, i'm not sure Price's presence would have changed much. Tokarski did enough for his team mates to trust him.

I started watching the game 1/2 through the first period. Was not surprised when I saw the Rangers already had a 10 to 1 shooting advantage. Had a feeling Lundqvist and his boys would rebound. Score may not reflect it, but the Rangers controlled the game. New York did tank in the face-off circle though.

Exactly!

I honestly like the Rangers. Yes they have a somewhat more straightlined type of hockey in their arsenal than the hardnosed Bruins, but its elegance and and succesfullness reminds of the typical Lidstrom Red Wings hockey of the past.

The Rangers are on a run, they are inspired by Marty and if all stars wake up ( hear me Mr. Nash) and play to their potential they are not a to easy to beat team in the finals.

It's funny how it's his trailing leg that get's hit, and he somehow even gets a shot off afterward, yet it's Emelin's fault he hit the goalie.

The finals are to begin on Wednesday regardless of what happens in the West:

Game 1 Rangers at Blackhawks/Kings Wednesday, June 4

Game 2 Rangers at Blackhawks/Kings Saturday, June 7

Game 3 Blackhawks/Kings at Rangers Monday, June 9

Game 4 Blackhawks/Kings at Rangers Wednesday, June 11

*Game 5 Rangers at Blackhawks/Kings Friday, June 13

*Game 6 Blackhawks/Kings at Rangers Monday, June 16

*Game 7 Rangers at Blackhawks/Kings Wednesday, June 18

http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl:topheads

Also, an update on our SabreSpace group in the nhl.com bracket challenge: It looks like dudacek and Dudly are the only ones who chose the Rangers correctly out of the East, but neither had LAK or CHI out of the West.

Edited by Cereal

The finals are to begin on Wednesday regardless of what happens in the West:

Game 1 Rangers at Blackhawks/Kings Wednesday, June 4

Game 2 Rangers at Blackhawks/Kings Saturday, June 7

Game 3 Blackhawks/Kings at Rangers Monday, June 9

Game 4 Blackhawks/Kings at Rangers Wednesday, June 11

*Game 5 Rangers at Blackhawks/Kings Friday, June 13

*Game 6 Blackhawks/Kings at Rangers Monday, June 16

*Game 7 Rangers at Blackhawks/Kings Wednesday, June 18

http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl:topheads

Also, an update on our SabreSpace group in the nhl.com bracket challenge: It looks like dudacek and Dudly are the only ones who chose the Rangers correctly out of the East, but neither had LAK or CHI out of the West.

Yeah, Price getting hurt and the Snarks choking 1 win early left me ####ed.

"Snarks" blow it every year. Not a surprise.

They do. But even they rarely lose in the 1st round and this wss only the 4th time in league history that a team managed to go 0-4 after starting 3-0. This was epic, even by their lofty (lowly?) standards.

Tonight's game makes me sad. One game closer to no hockey for a few months.

At least there'll be no basketball to flood espn, only baseball highlights from here on out, and I'm a huge baseball fan. Plus, the World Cup?? May-June is easily my favorite sports season

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.