Semifinals Thread

Eleven

I'd go with the Rangers. I really don't mind the Rags at all, and on the other hand I hate the Kings. I guess I don't really know why, last time they were in the Finals I didn't even watch a game.

I never minded the Rangers, but since I live in that market, I hear all of their fans who were blasting the Callahan-MSL trade and wondered why Alain Vigneault was the coach are now shouting from the rooftops about how that trade was the greatest thing since the invention of hockey. Give it a rest, people.

So, while I'd normally root for the Rangers in a LA-NY series, I'd probably like to see the Kings win that one...if it comes to it. LA is good, but they just don't excite me for some reason.

My hands remain at my sides.

Everyone talking about St. Louis: Remember when there was a website dedicated to "has he scored for the Rangers yet?" Remember articles like this? http://bleacherrepor...-offensive-woes

When it's a Sabre (Vanek), we really criticize this type of streakiness. St. Louis was almost a bust; now it's the greatest deadline deal ever.

fair enough. point being, st. louis is making a difference when it most needs to be made. but, again, i take your point: he's a streaky mofo who might have gotten streaky at just the right time.

vanek, OTOH, seemed adrift for some time.

fair enough. point being, st. louis is making a difference when it most needs to be made. but, again, i take your point: he's a streaky mofo who might have gotten streaky at just the right time.

vanek, OTOH, seemed adrift for some time.

If St. Louis stays hot for the rest of the playoffs, and helps the Rangers win the Cup, and he totally sucked all next season, it would still be a good trade.

I wonder how much his mother's passing has served as personal motivation for him? And also for his teammates rallying behind him? In 11 playoff games prior to the untimely passing of his mother, he had 2 goals and 6 points. In only 7 games since, he's had 4 goals and 7 points. I know he had stated he wanted to win for his mother on Mother's Day (which they did). I do know they'd dropped 3 in a row to the Pens, and were on the verge of elimination from the series. Then his mom passed, and it was almost like a switch was thrown.

This metaphor is a close second to "stepping on their throats" as my least favorite only because TV announcers don't usually delve into the subject of fanny sex.

Not sure why everything got all super violent when describing sporting events.

:D

I'm just shocked it made it through the dirty word sensor.

They're losing this series not because of a lack of talent, but from a lack of effort and will. That's on the coach the first time around for most organizations.

Not directed only at you Sizzle, plenty of people do it, but the knee-jerking in the playoffs kills me. Chicago won two Cups, including last year, and this year they're in the conference finals and them potentially losing to a great team means they aren't working hard and the coach is on his way out? Yeesh.

When two great teams play, one will win and one will lose, doesn't mean the losing team is choking, or not trying hard enough, or whatever. The only weakness LA had this year was scoring, and they added Gaborik (a soft Euro who doesn't play when it counts...or so the narrative goes). They're an elite team, no shame in losing to them. And certainly not cause to say a coach has lost his team.

Not directed only at you Sizzle, plenty of people do it, but the knee-jerking in the playoffs kills me. Chicago won two Cups, including last year, and this year they're in the conference finals and them potentially losing to a great team means they aren't working hard and the coach is on his way out? Yeesh.

When two great teams play, one will win and one will lose, doesn't mean the losing team is choking, or not trying hard enough, or whatever. The only weakness LA had this year was scoring, and they added Gaborik (a soft Euro who doesn't play when it counts...or so the narrative goes). They're an elite team, no shame in losing to them. And certainly not cause to say a coach has lost his team.

I get your point and I don't disagree. However, I know you don't have a language impairment, but you are falling for the twisted interpretation by the previous poster.

Refer to the original post before the one you quoted and tell me I'm wrong.

Quenneville will eventually be fired just like Gretsky was eventually traded, and this series will be where the autopsy starts.

Edited by sizzlemeister

I get your point and I don't disagree. However, I know you don't have a language impairment, but you are falling for the twisted interpretation by the previous poster.

Refer to the original post before the one you quoted and tell me I'm wrong.

Quenneville will eventually be fired just like Gretsky was eventually traded, and this series will be where the autopsy starts.

What exactly is it that he and/or I are interpreting wrong? You're claiming that a Hall of Fame coach will be fired eventually because his team is showing a little less effort than normal in the conference finals the year after they won the stanley cup. Right?

Well said. Just like every other person who makes bold claims. If you are right you'll point it out and if you are wrong no one else will point it out because no one cares.

We live off hyperbole. We live to make outlandish claims. It's our pathetic way of trying to be noticed and be more than we really are.

I love our society.

On another note.. what if the NHL stopped performing the role of disciplinarian and turned that over to the NHLPA instead?

We live off hyperbole. We live to make outlandish claims. It's our pathetic way of trying to be noticed and be more than we really are.

This is a moon-crashing-into-the-earth-level of earth-shatteringly ludicrous drivel and I refuse to read another pixel of it. Ever.

And then I will.

But I won't like it.

Sometimes.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

On another note.. what if the NHL stopped performing the role of disciplinarian and turned that over to the NHLPA instead?

I've always found their roles in the defense of players who just laid extremely dirty hits to be strange. That player just laid a dirty hit on and hurt another one of your players. Which should you be defending?

This is a little off the beaten path, but I love the commercial for The NHL on NBC, that has The Song Pressure paying in the background while the players take the ice and go through their pre game rituals.

With Price done the Rangers get it done tonight

This is a little off the beaten path, but I love the commercial for The NHL on NBC, that has The Song Pressure paying in the background while the players take the ice and go through their pre game rituals.

i have this track in a high quality audio format, and very much enjoy blaring it into my headphones whenever it comes on the ipod.

I'm still not comfortable calling a winner for either series, granted they are both 3-1 but I think both the habs and the Hawks both win the next game

Rangers were down 3 -1 against the Pens just recently, and came back to sweep the final 3 games and win the series. So it can (and does) happen. However, a Rangers/Kings Cup final is the most likely scenario at this juncture.

Edited by Jsixspd

And Stepan, with his cricket helmet, tying it up.

I will unabashedly say that I hate all things NYC.* I really want the Habs to pull this out.

*Sorry, freeman, but it's just so ###### filthy. I don't know how people live there.

Plekanec!

Edited by Eleven

I took 8 years of French through college, so I can go to Montreal and understand a little bit, that's about the only reason I can muster up for wanting them to pull it out..... I wanna see a NY-LA final...... However I do hate NYC and don't understand how people can live there

I took 8 years of French through college, so I can go to Montreal and understand a little bit, that's about the only reason I can muster up for wanting them to pull it out..... I wanna see a NY-LA final...... However I do hate NYC and don't understand how people can live there

We found him. The one person who is not in NYC or LA and who wants that matchup. He's here, NBC! Come get him!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.