2014-2015 Roster

Stads

No. Please. I can't take another season with Ellis up for more than a cup of coffee.

I don't really enjoy anything about his game but he will absolutely ensure nothing positive happens when he's on the ice. Plus the bonus of me not having to see him in Amerks gear.

We can put Ellis and Pysyk on the Sabres next year.

Even with them the lineup looks like a top two pick in the 2015 Draft

No problem with Pysyk being there even if I don't care for him. But to have to pay to see Matt ###### Ellis again is really, really going to piss me off.

@BillHoppeNHL

#Sabres Jamie McBain not qualified

Connor Knapp hasn't been qualified.

#Sabres havent decided if they'll qualify Cory Conacher.

@BuffNewsVogl

Sabres qualifying offers: Ennis, Foligno, Luke Adam, Chad Ruhwedel, Matt Hackett. No offer to Jamie McBain or Connor Knapp. Maybe: Conacher.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

More like

C - Orpik

A - Jovanovski

A - Vrbata

But the lineup currently looks something like:

???/Ennis/Stafford

Hodgson/Girgensons/Stewart

Foligno/???/???

???/Flynn/Mitchell

Myers/Weber

???/???

???/???

Enroth/Neuvirth

Now we could obviously see guys like Reinhart, Risto, McCabe, Larsson and Ellis in some of those spots, but boy are there a lot of holes.

Kaleta?

@BillHoppeNHL

@BuffNewsVogl

Sabres qualifying offers: Ennis, Foligno, Luke Adam, Chad Ruhwedel, Matt Hackett. No offer to Jamie McBain or Connor Knapp. Maybe: Conacher.

Good. Cut out the dead weight. McBain is terrible and I don't see a future on this team for Conacher. I think they'll try to move Hackett (not sure if there will be any takers).

Seems a lot more guys than normal were not qualified by their teams as RFAs. It'll make for an interesting free agency period, that's for sure!

Good. Cut out the dead weight. McBain is terrible and I don't see a future on this team for Conacher. I think they'll try to move Hackett (not sure if there will be any takers).

Seems a lot more guys than normal were not qualified by their teams as RFAs. It'll make for an interesting free agency period, that's for sure!

I'm sure the Sabres like Hackett much more than you seem to think:

@SabresProspects

No shock seeing Hackett qualified. Challenged by Lieuwen in Roch but looked better in NHL duty. Old school style, i.e. non-robot.

I'm sure the Sabres like Hackett much more than you seem to think:

@SabresProspects

No shock seeing Hackett qualified. Challenged by Lieuwen in Roch but looked better in NHL duty. Old school style, i.e. non-robot.

More like "lost his job to Lieuwen in Rochester."

Between Enroth, Neuvirth, Lieuwen, Makarov, Ullmark, and Hackett, something has to give.

I think it seems to be that Murray wants some of the close young guys here to play with these veterans with experience he keeps talking about.

I really think that Brooks Orpik will be here. I think there's a decent chance Ott is here, but TM said he's only looking at 1-2 year deals so if that's what he's offering Ott he'll probably say no.

And if he gets a guy like Orpik and a few other similar vets, I'd rather he doesn't sign them and then ship them off at the deadline for 3rd rounders. We already have a boatload of picks. Let those vets play their contract here and build some chemistry with the young guys so they can feel more comfortable.

John Shannon @JSportsnet

When Tim Murray talks about veteran leadership being acquired in Buffalo, you'll be hearing names like Steve Ott and Brian Gionta.

I think it's pretty obvious that Gionta is one of the local guys he's been talking about, too. He's a guy that could actually fit right on Reinhart's right wing for two years and teach him while giving some legitimate performance, too.

Edited by Tankalicious

More like "lost his job to Lieuwen in Rochester."

Between Enroth, Neuvirth, Lieuwen, Makarov, Ullmark, and Hackett, something has to give.

It eventually will, but Ullmark is in Europe for another year. The Sabres are also affiliated with Elmira, so they'll have one of these guys (among Hackett, Lieuwen, and Makarov) in the ECHL this year too.

I could also see Murray move Enroth. I like Enroth, and I think he deserves a full year as the starter here. If he plays well and you still want to move him then you get actual value in a year. BUT he could possibly want to give one of Hackett/Lieuwen a shot this year which would likely single out Enroth to go.

I could also see Murray move Enroth. I like Enroth, and I think he deserves a full year as the starter here. If he plays well and you still want to move him then you get actual value in a year. BUT he could possibly want to give one of Hackett/Lieuwen a shot this year which would likely single out Enroth to go.

Murray doesn't like small goaltenders, so Enroth could be very well be gone at some juncture. IIRC this is the last year of Neuvirth's contract. so he could be moved too.

Murray doesn't like small goaltenders, so Enroth could be very well be gone at some juncture. IIRC this is the last year of Neuvirth's contract. so he could be moved too.

Yea, the small goaltender thing could kill off Enroth. I feel like Neuvirth has some security being a Murray acquisition. I remember the video of trade deadline day where he said he really liked him when they were getting ready to make the deal.

It eventually will, but Ullmark is in Europe for another year. The Sabres are also affiliated with Elmira, so they'll have one of these guys (among Hackett, Lieuwen, and Makarov) in the ECHL this year too.

Exactly, the list provided winds up having three guys competing for time in Rochester this year. On top of that, Neuvirth seems to have a fairly extensive injury history (or maybe my perception is off), so that is going to open up the playing time for each of these guys.

I am really hoping the sabres move on from mcbain. As bad as I want the Sabres to be next season, I don't think I have ever seen someone with as poor a first step as he has. He looks clumsy and uncoordinated. Okay in the offensive zone and great if you want to see a whole bunch of goalie prospects.

Jamie McBain was not tendered a RFA qualifying offer, so they are moving on for sure.

I am really hoping the sabres move on from mcbain. As bad as I want the Sabres to be next season, I don't think I have ever seen someone with as poor a first step as he has. He looks clumsy and uncoordinated. Okay in the offensive zone and great if you want to see a whole bunch of goalie prospects.

Well they didn't qualify him, so he is basically gone. Your wish is granted!

I think Murray will bring in two veteran defensemen to offer leadership for the youngsters. Maybe one defensive type d-man (e.g. Orpik) and one offensive d-man (e.g. Soupy). I don't have a clue who those two might be... should be an interesting couple of days...

@kevinoDandC: Brian Gionta's agent, Steve Bartlett, confirmed he did chat with #Sabres GM Tim Murray. Other teams, too. Montreal very much in play (more)

I think he's a better fit than anybody on the market.

I assume Murray is thinking of pairing the 35 year old vet and former Habs captain Gionta with rookie Rinehart.

I think we'll end up with two new forwards and two new d-men when all is said and done.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.