2014-2015 Roster

Stads

I hope you are right. I'm starting to lose faith.

He just doesn't play the way he did coming out of junior: he over handles the puck and isn't barrelling into the front of the net any more.

Those line rushes with Ennis and Stafford were a thing of beauty. Probably wont be able to recreate the magic with those two but the way he would just plow into the crease was a thing of beauty.

Those line rushes with Ennis and Stafford were a thing of beauty. Probably wont be able to recreate the magic with those two but the way he would just plow into the crease was a thing of beauty.

Yes! He was a beast. I could see an injury preventing him from playing that way, but what I don't like is, with the season in the tank anyway, why did they let him play with the injury and acclimate to playing reserved and scared? That was a poor decision, IMHO, they should have sent him off to get the surgery right away. Now he has to "undo" the habits he developed last season.

I think those line rushes were the worst thing to happen to his development. Became enamored with scoring and offense and started trying to dangle like he had great hands. Just infuriating to watch.

That said, he was one of our better possession players while facing tough forward lines and being put in defensive situations. The style we all want from him wasn't there, but I think the results were pretty good given the situations he was put in.

David Perron?

https://mobile.twitt...759727652786176

Jim Matheson: If the Oilers were looking to trade David Perron, it would be because it’s a workable contract at $3.8 million for teams that have extra defenseman. Buffalo would be an example.

Perron would be a great addition.

Stewart a second could move us into the bottom half of the first, especially if we take a salary dump to sweeten the pot.

Also, Murray seems like he would be partial to making moves in tandem - making one trade to set up another.

Edited by dudacek

I think that has to be the plan. Just see who shows up and grab which ever one fits. I would like to see Nolan here. The Darth Vader/Luke thing would be cool.

I think Ennis, Hodgson, and Foligno are all on the block if it gets Murray his other first round pick. All three have clear deficiencies: size for Ennis, compete and size for Hodgson, skill and compete for Foligno. I would not be surprised if one of those three goes away, although I think Ennis is the most valuable.

Stafford probably won't be traded...I bet Murray is going to gamble that his game picks up during the season and try and trade him away before the deadline. Seems the wisest course of action with that guy, to me.

I'm already taking heat for saying this about Stafford so I will take the heat for Hodgson. He has some obvious problems on the defensive side but to question his compete level flies in the face of what everyone close to the team will tell you. Rip Simonik listed him as one of his top 3 Sabres of all time when it comes to work ethic. I'm not sure he fits TM's vision but he will be a consistent 30 goal scorer in the league provided he stays healthy

I wonder what we are going to give Philly for Vinny? If we're not taking and overpaying for any f/a we will be trading for some overpaid former f/a from somewhere to hit the floor

I wonder what we are going to give Philly for Vinny? If we're not taking and overpaying for any f/a we will be trading for some overpaid former f/a from somewhere to hit the floor

We'd likely buyout Vinny if we acquired him... He also likely wouldn't waive his NTC to come here unless we told him we'd be buying him out.

We'd likely buyout Vinny if we acquired him... He also likely wouldn't waive his NTC to come here unless we told him we'd be buying him out.

I get all that but things happen. Something is happening and I cant figure out what. I realize the Vinny post was stupid also but I'm a little lost as to what big money is going to be spent.

I agree with Eleven, dumping Stewart is a bad idea. I see him as a solid 2-3 line winger with size. We need that. Besides, what are we gonna do, dump all players with talent for draft picks? C'mon, no makey sense kimosabe!

My concern is he's only signed through next season. So are you better off dealing him now when the return may be better? Or waiting until the deadline to make a decision if you want him back and risk getting less in a trade or getting nothing at all if he walks in free agency.

I like Deslauriers' game. He plays hard. The first time that I watched him in Rochester I was shocked just how big he is. This kid is a hulk. I remember that fight and what it did to the Isles' bench. I'm not condoning a full on "Good Friday massacre" type of play, but it is nice to see a Sabre pound some ones face... I for one look forward to next year...

I like Deslauriers' game. He plays hard. The first time that I watched him in Rochester I was shocked just how big he is. This kid is a hulk. I remember that fight and what it did to the Isles' bench. I'm not condoning a full on "Good Friday massacre" type of play, but it is nice to see a Sabre pound some ones face... I for one look forward to next year...

^ First post. Welcome.

^ First post. Welcome.

Oops. Messed that up. Thanks for the welcome. I probably won't post much. Just my thing.. I have not seen much posted about Deslaurier and believe he has a bright future here. I hope TM drafts well so I can get some good local hockey for a year or two until they hit buffalo. And I like Nic with #44. Kinda symbolic of that one two combination he has.

Oops. Messed that up. Thanks for the welcome. I probably won't post much. Just my thing.. I have not seen much posted about Deslaurier and believe he has a bright future here. I hope TM drafts well so I can get some good local hockey for a year or two until they hit buffalo. And I like Nic with #44. Kinda symbolic of that one two combination he has.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.