APRIL IS "FAN APPRECIATION MONTH" IN BUFFALO

26CornerBlitz

Translation: we're desperate for anyone to come watch this pile of excrement... So much so that we'll create diversions so that you maybe won't notice how utterly unwatchable the team is.

Or: "Hey, we know it's been bad and we really appreciate you coming out to the games so here's a little something extra to say thanks."

Given the amount of time you must spend looking around for the stuff you post here and on TSW, I'm going to go ahead and assume you're in Congress.

:lol: These days you don't have to look for information. It's 2014 in case you have been in a cave.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

These guys continue to be so bad at this stuff. I'm sure you remember the "we're sorry" gesture after the lockout. Again, a shameless attempt to get people into the Sabres Store. Really, Terry, you couldn't put gift certificates to Ruth's Chris on every seat? I exaggerate, but they appear to have missed another opportunity to show they genuinely appreciate what the fans are going through.

I didn't mind the lockout gesture. Really one of the better ways to give the WHOLE fan base something. I'm still on my pledge to buy nothing Sabres related until they actually field a team.

not sure it was posted elsewhere, but it was part of the show last night.

the cynics will cynicize, but i approved of its tone and content.

http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=592595&catid=1018

edit: could've been better if they'd had a narrator who was/sounded like a buffalonian.

Edited by That Aud Smell

http://video.sabres....;amp;catid=1018

edit: could've been better if they'd had a narrator who was/sounded like a buffalonian.

gotta say. I loved it.

http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=592595&catid=1018

Must have gotten goosebumps seeing Jamie McBain lead the charge out of the tunnel in the Turdburger...... :) (just doin my part.....)

How often did I read posts wailing about trying to make the 8th seed in the playoffs when the team should have been tanking for draft picks? "Tank, tank, tank! We wanna tank!"

So now we are tanking and just as I expected it's "Wah wah wah, we suck! I'm not gonna support this team 'cause we suck!!" It would be hilarious if it weren't so sad and predictable.

Just deal with it because this will last for the next 3 years minimum.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

http://video.sabres....;amp;catid=1018

Yeah, the narrator needs work. Also, the Batman music almost made me spit take with laughter.

Related:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdb2w1Yu97E

All that said, I agree with the core message.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

How often did I read posts wailing about trying to make the 8th seed in the playoffs when the team should have been tanking for draft picks? "Tank, tank, tank! We wanna tank!"

So now we are tanking and just as I expected it's "Wah wah wah, we suck! I'm not gonna support this team 'cause we suck!!" It would be hilarious if it weren't so sad and predictable.

Far too much general condemnation of the fans. Many are 100% on board with the team's strategy and I disagree that this "tanking" has to last the next three 3 years minimum.

I think every regular poster on this board has been very consistent with their views. Some have never been on board with tanking and are therefore wholly justified in their bitching about watching ###### hockey. Those who have advocated for tanking in the past have had zero regrets about how this season has gone.

I think every regular poster on this board has been very consistent with their views. Some have never been on board with tanking and are therefore wholly justified in their bitching about watching ###### hockey. Those who have advocated for tanking in the past have had zero regrets about how this season has gone.

As far as I can tell, you're right. I'd call it a rebuild and not a tank, because I don't think it's deliberate.

That said, and for PTR's benefit, please allow me to conjugate:

I hated the rebuild.

I hate the rebuild.

I will hate the rebuild.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.