APRIL IS "FAN APPRECIATION MONTH" IN BUFFALO

26CornerBlitz

APRIL IS "FAN APPRECIATION MONTH" IN BUFFALO

Three nights of giveaways, contests and promotions at First Niagara Center

The Buffalo Sabres today announced plans for “Fan Appreciation Month,” which will take place during the team’s final three home games of the 2013-14 regular season. Each of the three nights provides fans a wide array of contests, promotions and giveaways that culminates with the annual “Fan Appreciation Night, presented by ADPRO Sports” on April 13, the team’s final home game.

Below is a complete rundown of events for the three games during Fan Appreciation Month:

I have central air but it really doesn't do much for the upstairs. I will buy a fan tomorrow. And I will appreciate it. If the Sabres want to appreciate me, they can refund a hundred or two out of what I paid to watch an AHL team. Won't happen. Some music, t-shirts, and hot dogs aren't going to make me feel better, either.

Edited by Eleven

I have central air but it really doesn't do much for the upstairs. I will buy a fan tomorrow. And I will appreciate it. If the Sabres want to appreciate me, they can refund a hundred or two out of what I paid to watch an AHL team. Won't happen. Some music, t-shirts, and hot dogs aren't going to make me feel better, either.

Hopefully in a couple of years you'll feel like this "sacrifice" was well worth it.

26, no offense, but do you work for the Sabres? The constant barrage of their publicity — when we're all capable of finding it ourselves on sabres.com — is just a bit much.

Easy solution....Don't click on the thread. BTW, the ridiculous conspiracy theories are a bit much....but enjoy. :unsure:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

26, no offense, but do you work for the Sabres? The constant barrage of their publicity — when we're all capable of finding it ourselves on sabres.com — is just a bit much.

Are you kidding? The guy freaking aggregates everything into every GDT and you're going to complain about it? He must spend at least an hour and a half every game day. I don't care if he works for the Kremlin.

Edited by Eleven

Translation: we're desperate for anyone to come watch this pile of excrement... So much so that we'll create diversions so that you maybe won't notice how utterly unwatchable the team is.

Hey, you ordered this mess. You know, THE TANK?? What did you think it was going to be? Unicorns farting rainbows?

Hey, you ordered this mess. You know, THE TANK?? What did you think it was going to be? Unicorns farting rainbows?

Not I. I've never been pro-tank in any season of any sport. I think the objective is always to field the best team you can and win as much as you can. And, that's what I'm hoping Murray chooses to do next year.

Not I. I've never been pro-tank in any season of any sport. I think the objective is always to field the best team you can and win as much as you can. And, that's what I'm hoping Murray chooses to do next year.

Prepare yourself for more of the same. Not pleasant by any means, but I was extremely tired of the middling teams that had no real chance at the ultimate prize. You should feel the same way about the Preds IMO. Where are they really going under the Poile/Trotz regime?

Doesn't matter. The NSA is already on your ass.

So is the Kremlin.

And, perhaps most dangerous of all, PA.

Ha! I know all about him thanks to my Gov't clearances.

Same here. I hope some of the D-men "graduate" to the NHL next year. I don't like paying good money to see crappy hockey.

Prepare yourself for more of the same. Not pleasant by any means, but I was extremely tired of the middling teams that had no real chance at the ultimate prize. You should feel the same way about the Preds IMO. Where are they really going under the Poile/Trotz regime?

I shake my head at a lot of the quasi-empirical arguments of the "a team first must be really bad to be really good" variety that are thrown around this forum. There are so many factors at play that I see nothing to suggest to me that the Sabres (or any other team) can't get very good by simply having a front office with a keen eye for talent and stringing together a series of solid personnel moves (trades, signings, draftings, etc.). Folks are working themselves into a frenzy with the thought of losing on purpose around here.

As for the Preds, they didn't have their star goaltender for almost the entire year. The team is clearly more talented than last year... but no goaltending (Rinne hasn't been good since his return BTW).

I shake my head at a lot of the quasi-empirical arguments of the "a team first must be really bad to be really good" variety that are thrown around this forum. There are so many factors at play that I see nothing to suggest to me that the Sabres (or any other team) can't get very good by simply having a front office with a keen eye for talent and stringing together a series of solid personnel moves (trades, signings, draftings, etc.). Folks are working themselves into a frenzy with the thought of losing on purpose around here.

As for the Preds, they didn't have their star goaltender for almost the entire year. The team is clearly more talented than last year... but no goaltending (Rinne hasn't been good since his return BTW).

Ryan Suter's departure really set the team back. Hope for your sake Rinne returns to pre-injury form and Forsberg pans out too. They do have a real gem in Seth Jones. The long tenure of both Poile and Trotz might be in jeopardy given no real sustained high level success evidenced by deep playoff runs.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I have to agree. Look no further than Boston for a team that makes shrewd personal decisions and lately anyways is always in the conversation when the stanley cup is mentioned. We'll get there but it'll take a boatload of faith and some pain along the way. I hated being that team that always just snuck in ( or didn't ) and never seemed to improve enough to fulfill the promise that management sold us.

Few, possibly none, are saying must.

most, possibly all, are saying can.

The difference is immense.

Yup. Another year of suck where we may, or may not, win the McDavid lottery. And even if we do it's not like a bunch of talented kids will become a contending team instantly. So embrace the stink because we have several more seasons of it. I hope someone will still be buying tickets. Lord knows I won't be able to afford to keep mine.

Yup. Another year of suck where we may, or may not, win the McDavid lottery. And even if we do it's not like a bunch of talented kids will become a contending team instantly. So embrace the stink because we have several more seasons of it. I hope someone will still be buying tickets. Lord knows I won't be able to afford to keep mine.

As Nolan said:

@BuffaloSabres

"I really believe you’ve gotta go through those rough waters in order for the smooth waters to come." http://bit.ly/1hVzb5Z

Nobody has said it's a must. It's one of many approaches to try to build a winner and an approach this franchise has never tried before. Once you go down that road it's probably not advisable to reverse course.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.