APRIL IS "FAN APPRECIATION MONTH" IN BUFFALO

26CornerBlitz

not sure it was posted elsewhere, but it was part of the show last night.

the cynics will cynicize, but i approved of its tone and content.

http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=592595&catid=1018

edit: could've been better if they'd had a narrator who was/sounded like a buffalonian.

Love it. Absolutely love it.

I should have narrated it though.

As far as I can tell, you're right. I'd call it a rebuild and not a tank, because I don't think it's deliberate.

That said, and for PTR's benefit, please allow me to conjugate:

I hated the rebuild.

I hate the rebuild.

I will hate the rebuild.

Need a new song set to Billy Joel.

We always hated the rebuild...

But it had to happen...

Cause Regier was nappin'

Consumer as in "purchaser?"

Being a consumer does not necessarily require a purchase. For example, if you go to ESPN.com and read some of their content, you are a consumer. Beyond that, they have ESPN insider that requires a paid subscription in order to consume the additional content. In either case, you are a consumer.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Consumer: a person who purchases goods and services for personal use.

I know this, because I work in Business Sales, not Consumer Sales.

Actually, you could use the word "obtains" instead of "purchases," based on what 26CB said.

Edited by Andrew Amerk

So are you equating being a consumer with being a reader, then?

There are many forms of being a consumer. Reading/viewing material from a content provider is just one of them.

Consumer: a person who purchases goods and services for personal use.

Being a consumer does not necessarily require a purchase. For example, if you go to ESPN.com and read some of their content, you are a consumer. Beyond that, they have ESPN insider that requires a paid subscription in order to consume the additional content. In either case, you are a consumer.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Does this mean that, once the information is obtained, purchased, read, or viewed, that one has consumed said information?

Does this mean, that if you were to read a sign that I was holding, which said, for example, "CAN'T WIN BY LOSING," that would make you the consumer, and me the producer? Perhaps it would make a difference if you read it by accident, but by your definition, no such qualifications are given.

Does this mean, that if you were to read a sign that I was holding, which said, for example, "CAN'T WIN BY LOSING," that would make you the consumer, and me the producer?

Yes.

To your accident thing: if somebody leaves their drink out and I accidentally drink it instead of my own... did I consume it?

Edited by Tankalicious

To your accident thing: if somebody leaves their drink out and I accidentally drink it instead of my own... did I consume it?

I think that I must admit, that you did consume the drink, even if it was by accident. This leads me to believe that consumption isn't purely a matter of choice, here on SabreSpace, but could also be a byproduct of circumstance, as in North Korea. For,would it be any different, if it wasn't an accident, but somebody intentionally switched the drinks so that you would drink the wrong one?

Edited by Marcellus

I think that I must admit, that you did consume the drink, even if it was by accident. This leads me to believe that consumption isn't purely a matter of choice, here on SabreSpace, but could also be a byproduct of circumstance, as in North Korea. For,would it be any different, if it wasn't an accident, but somebody intentionally switched the drinks so that you would drink the wrong one?

This is correct. Consumption has to do with use, not necessarily purchase. And, it need not necessarily be a choice to consume (e.g. second-hand smoke).

I know a little bit about the topic of discussion... for once... ;)

This is correct. Consumption has to do with use, not necessarily purchase. And, it need not necessarily be a choice to consume (e.g. second-hand smoke).

I know a little bit about the topic of discussion... for once... ;)

Thank you. You've given me a lot to think about with your example, and how it might relate to other matters.

Well, like Potato said, it need not necessarily be a choice to consume. Passive consumption via second hand smoke is a curious example. I'm thinking of enclosed areas, such as bars, homes, or cars, where non-smokers, or passive consumers would be exposed 'by circumstance' to their own detriment. In the case of cigarette smoke, the risks are well known, and on the side of every cigarette pack.

Perhaps this raises the question of whether or not the Sabres are habit forming. In the case of Sabres games, the team hasn't hidden the fact that the fans will suffer, but at what point should a disclaimer be printed on the tickets? That way, the Sabres could say that the fans, or active consumers, were well informed about the risks of attending a game.

Now, how about the passive consumers in the bars, homes, and cars, or even those who might read Sabres related headlines by accident. Are they entitled to any sort of legal protections?

And, I ask you, is Sabretooth not the Hockey World's version of Joe Camel?

Edited by Marcellus

‘FAN APPRECIATION NIGHT’ CLOSES OUT SABRES’ SEASON

BUFFALO, N.Y. (April 10, 2014) --- The Buffalo Sabres will host its annual “Fan Appreciation Night” on Sunday, April 13, during the team’s final game of the 2013-14 regular season. “Fan Appreciation Night,” which is presented by ADPRO Sports, kicks off with a pregame party outside of the arena and continues with an array of giveaways, contests and discounts throughout the team’s regular-season finale against the Islanders, which begins at 5 p.m.

The Sabres will host a Party on Alumni Plaza, presented by Tops Friendly Markets, from 2:30-4:30 p.m. in the plaza outside of First Niagara Center. The party will feature live music from Hotel Bravo, appearances by Sabretooth and select Sabres alumni, Sabres merchandise giveaways, a pom-pom handout, as well as face painting and activities for kids. Tops Friendly Markets and partners will also be on hand with food sampling kiosks.

Prior to the game, the team will pay tribute to longtime Sabres broadcaster Mike Robitaille, who, after more than three decades on the air, will retire from his duties on the Sabres broadcast team. Also in the pregame ceremony, the Sabres, along with their Gold Ring Partners, will be presenting the annual team awards for MVP, Rookie of the Year, Unsung Hero and the 7th Man Award.

@BuffaloSabres

#Sabres broadcaster Mike Robitaille will be honored before Sunday's game. We'll also present our annual team awards.

Awards? Are they talking about things like:

Best failure to crash the net?

Best avoidance of a fighting major?

Best move by a player we didn't think had any?

Best minor league defenceman in a major league role?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.