OT: We are going to be nailed by a blizzard Wednesday

I hope everyone in WNY is ready to be nailed by a fast-moving blizzard. If you're unawares, go to your favorite weather site and read the warnings. It's apocalyptic! Be safe!

Edited by sizzlemeister

I don't normally buy that hype but I'm confident this one will be a mess. I can't wait to get told I have to come to work tomorrow. Hoping the county institutes a driving ban if need be.

No one around here has any idea it's coming. The last two days of warmth have lulled them into a comfort zone.

Weather and driving normally doesn't bother me, but I am concerned this time. No travel restrictions posted yet so I'm kind of obligated to leave for work in a few minutes. But I have a 50 minute commute on mostly country roads. I expect that by noon getting home is going to be challenging at best.

Sun is shining on the east coast of Canada.

Going to be rain and wind (too warm for snow ... +10ish), but with the track record for NS Power being about as good as the Sabres record this season, I am worried about losing power.

And you guys call us The Great White North!

Oh wait, that's us that call us that.

Be safe everyone.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

They are up in the air here at work about deciding if there should be a 2nd shift today. I'd hate for anyone to get hurt because we needed to push a few more bottles out the door.

They really should have started shutting down at 10:00. Do a burn out, run out the remaining product on the back end and send everyone from 1st shift home early. Cancel 2nd and 3rd. Start up again tomorrow morning. Hopefully the wind will have died down and the roads will be under control.

I think they forget that not everyone lives a mile from the factory.

Hey Matt, is d4rk driving that stolen Panzer you guys are in in the Ardenne?

Ssssshhhh, no one is supposed to know where we are yet.

They really should have started shutting down at 10:00. Do a burn out, run out the remaining product on the back end and send everyone from 1st shift home early. Cancel 2nd and 3rd. Start up again tomorrow morning. Hopefully the wind will have died down and the roads will be under control.

I think they forget that not everyone lives a mile from the factory.

Forget that, just keep all the 2nd shift there running the lines until the roads are passable again.

Ssssshhhh, no one is supposed to know where we are yet.

Forget that, just keep all the 2nd shift there running the lines until the roads are passable again.

That's what will happen. I'll battle my way through the snow in an hour or so and then ALL of third shift will call in because that's what they do. :lol:

Aaand a travel ban is now in effect for Monroe county starting at 1:00pm. About time.

Second and Third Shifts have been canceled at Xerox and Kraft today. Your move, [redacted].

Edited by d4rksabre

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.