OT: We are going to be nailed by a blizzard Wednesday

d4rk has to go into work, so I made some cookies to take with him so it makes the day at least a LITTLE better :( Ended up using what was lying around, so peanut butter choco chip it is.

Seriously though, the courts, schools, malls, and a couple other big companies closed down and his place is still open... Sigh.

I bailed out of work at 11 figuring that it was my best chance of getting home in one piece. Snowing pretty good up in Niagara County but where I am at it isn't bad at all. Roads were better plowed in civilization though. <_<

So, 1/2 day today that maybe I didn't need to take and i still have to call in tomorrow because I have two interviews scheduled. I doubt it goes over well.

The Buffalo Airport has cancelled all the rest of the flights today... my buddy was on the last flight that got cleared for take off... THANK GOD.

Not quite. One more got out. I was listening to Buffalo Airport air traffic control (a bit of a geek i am!)....and the Sabres Delta Airlines charter took off successfully a few mins ago. They had to stop all plow activity for a bit but the boys are on their way to Carolina.

It looks like the snow is tapering off here in downtown Buffalo. I can't really say how much has fallen, since it has been blowing around so much but it doesn't seem to be more than three-four inches. Most of my colleagues headed for home already, but I'm going to hang in there until 5:00. I don't know what it is like elsewhere in WNY, but if the worst is over (which it looks like it is, except for the wind chill) this blizzard was not what it was advertised as. I hope everyone out there is OK, safe and warm....

My office closed at 11:30 today so I'm sitting here during the "Blizzard" enjoying some Partner's pizza & wings along with the WWE Network, I'm watching a card from the Boston Garden from 1986, I wish the Buffalo Sabres could do something similar. I would pay $9.99 a month to watch the Sabres as well as have access to their video vault. I would love to be watching full game videos from the 70's right now.

My office closed at 11:30 today so I'm sitting here during the "Blizzard" enjoying some Partner's pizza & wings along with the WWE Network, I'm watching a card from the Boston Garden from 1986, I wish the Buffalo Sabres could do something similar. I would pay $9.99 a month to watch the Sabres as well as have access to their video vault. I would love to be watching full game videos from the 70's right now.

Ah yeah i'd pay to rewatch epic sabres games as well. certainly seeing i wasn't alive in the 70's :D

Not quite. One more got out. I was listening to Buffalo Airport air traffic control (a bit of a geek i am!)....and the Sabres Delta Airlines charter took off successfully a few mins ago. They had to stop all plow activity for a bit but the boys are on their way to Carolina.

I wondered about that. I saw Liger's post and then saw Zenon Konopka posting pics of the team plane boarding some time after that. Bumpy flights today, I bet!

Only problem w/ that is the Sabres taped over most of their vault from the '70's. :censored:

Sitting on the screen porch here in Carolina sipping a homebrew...its about 65. Looking forward to the traveling tank show here tomorrow night.

Decided to check the mail/take some trash out. Looks fairly tame out my windows. Put on some snowpants to humor myself. Open door and walk out without really looking... Realize I'm chest deep in a drift at the door, waist deep on the stoop. Ok ok, I'm 5'5", but still. Waded through Operation Trash Dropoff and back, being knocked over by arctic swirly high winds and ice bits in my eyeballs... So yeah, I guess I'm glad they shut down most the city.

I don't know what Mark's Pizza is, but the Buffalo places that closed did so out of economic (let's not pay the hourly workers to serve two customers--and that is sensible) or panic reasons. This was a routine snow storm, as far as I'm concerned.

In celebration of the blizzard, I just watched Frozen for the first time. I'm really excited to have that song stuck in my head for the next 6-8 months. Also, Mark's Pizza is closed. WTF?

Let it go

I don't know what Mark's Pizza is, but the Buffalo places that closed did so out of economic (let's not pay the hourly workers to serve two customers--and that is sensible) or panic reasons. This was a routine snow storm, as far as I'm concerned.

After reading the doughnut thread all week, I was most distressed to stop by Paula's Doughnuts and find it closed at noon because of the weather.

You don't know Mark's? I was certain they had a few locations in metro Buffalo. I didn't realize they had them out GCoE ways. I guess they are more regional than I thought.

Edited by weave

You don't know Mark's? I was certain they had a few locations in metro Buffalo. I didn't realize they had them out GCoE ways. I guess they are more regional than I thought.

They go east all the way to Syracuse. I don't think they go as far west as Buffalo. Those people don't deserve good pizza anyway.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.