Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

The Pats are something like 34-8 vs the Bills since Kraft bought the team.

The Pats also have the best GM/Coach in the NFL. They've built a strong organization, top to bottom. That's why they didn't descend into Bills-like ineptitude when they lost Brady for the season.

I mean that the owner should (and probably will) fire Brandon and Whaley, hire a new team president/GM, and let that guy fire, or keep, Marrone and as many of the other front office/coaching guys as he wants.

Ralph always went cheap on his GMs and coaches. You get what you pay for. Now the stench of loser-dom is deeply ingrained in the organization and it's going to take a major cleanup job to right the ship.

You may be right or then again , Whaley might turn out to be as good as another nobody Ralph hired by the name of Bill Polian.

It's hard to argue against your conclusion given past history but this team is in a lot better shape then you are giving them credit for . I don't put a lot of stock in national opinions but John Clayton isn't the only one that thinks that other then QB, this team is as deep and as talented as the Pats.

On top of that, it can only be a matter of time before the cold , hard way NE treats their veterans not named Brady catches up to them.

Right now you have

history on your side. I think the future will surprise you.

John Clayton isn't the only one that thinks that other then QB, this team is as deep and as talented as the Pats.

I very much agree with that assessment. Of course, the other wild card there is coaching. It seems that -- more so (perhaps much, much more so) than in any other pro sports league -- success in the NFL is a product of what the coaches do (and don't do).

On top of that, it can only be a matter of time before the cold , hard way NE treats their veterans not named Brady catches up to them.

I rather think that the utterly businesslike manner in which NE treats its players is a significant factor in that franchise's success over a lengthy period of time.

I also place more stock than I ever thought I would in the fact that the Patriots have not won a title following Spygate.

Apparently Tom Brady is 'very upset' that the Pats traded 6 time pro-bowl guard Logan Mankins.

Nothing makes me happier in the NFL universe (other than winning in fantasy football) than a 'very upset' Tom Brady (The Bills beating the Patriots leads to a very upset Brady, so that is included)

Apparently Tom Brady is 'very upset' that the Pats traded 6 time pro-bowl guard Logan Mankins.

Nothing makes me happier in the NFL universe (other than winning in fantasy football) than a 'very upset' Tom Brady (The Bills beating the Patriots leads to a very upset Brady, so that is included)

They did need to replace Aaron Hernandez at Left Criminal, so I guess the trade makes sense, but Mankins is a great guard.

Long term it probably makes sense to trade Mankins, given his age and contract. However....Brady is 37, you'd think the Pats would go all-in on winning in the short term.

For absolutely no good reason what so ever, I am fully confident that they will replace Brady with very little down time.

For absolutely no good reason what so ever, I am fully confident that they will replace Brady with very little down time.

So being worn down over the years (see: post Pominville) by Buffalo sports into a semi-bitter, pessimistic, self-loathing fan...that isn't a good reason to you? :P

ootomh, there have only been 2 instances since the merger of a (gag) legend :sick: being replaced by another very good QB directly w/ the team not missing a beat. In both cases the replacement was being groomed prior to the legend's departure - Montana-Young and Favre-Rogers. (I suppose a case could be made for Manning-Luck, but that's an all-the-stars-aligning-perfectly and Luck's team hasn't shown to be Manning's in its hayday yet.) It COULD happen for Bellicheat, but that next guy doesn't appear to be there yet.

However lame it is, you know the union would have fought just about anything he did in that situation.

That's exactly it. Four games and you start getting into union grievance territory. What he did was weak, but it opened the door for the league to negotiate strong penalties w the union.

That's exactly it. Four games and you start getting into union grievance territory. What he did was weak, but it opened the door for the league to negotiate strong penalties w the union.

WWere these penalties collectively bargained? I only caught the early Twitter release and it didn't seem they were. That aside, your and Shrader's points with respect to the union are true.

I had the game on in the car long enough to hear Mark Kelso, before the Bills' first drive, say, in response to Murph saying the offense had to get something going, something to the effect that, "Yeah, the Bills need to at least get the ball over midfield before giving up possession."

If his voice wasn't bad enough, that made me turn it off.

EJ Manuel is garbage. He may someday become a nice plate of chicken Alfredo, but he's garbage right now. A LONG way to go before he's even considered a game manager.

tell us for the hundreth time how you really feel.

I think come regular season, we're gonna be much better than advertised. I'm not saying we're gonna be world beaters, but I think you'll be surprised. He's better than the last 4 QBs we've had at least

also. The number of pass interference and holding calls this preseason is just ridiculous

tell us for the hundreth time how you really feel.

I think come regular season, we're gonna be much better than advertised. I'm not saying we're gonna be world beaters, but I think you'll be surprised. He's better than the last 4 QBs we've had at least

also. The number of pass interference and holding calls this preseason is just ridiculous

I appreciate the support and the optimism. Good man.

We all want them to be good.

I'm not ready to go defcon one over these games, but it'll certainly raise some big questions for me. I'm near defcon one on EJ just because I never felt good about him and haven't seen anything to make me think otherwise.

EJ Manuel is garbage. He may someday become a nice plate of chicken Alfredo, but he's garbage right now. A LONG way to go before he's even considered a game manager.

So is it safe to say you're officially at Defcon 1 on EJ now? :lol:

I'm concerned too, and I'm certainly not going to sit here and say tonight's performance (or all offseason, really) was encouraging. But I think hitting Defcon 1 following preseason game 5 is taking it a bit too far ;)

Edited by TrueBluePhD