Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

If anybody ever answers the question "How do I get this team to the playoffs to save my job" with "Kyle Orton," they've already lost their job as far as I'm concerned.

This may be true, but what happens when they find out Kyle Orton is also a bad starter? Everybody just quits?

I think this is a dumb move...not because EJ's play dictates he should start, but because Orton is not a good alternative for the next 12 games. Keep in mind, Orton lost his starting job in Denver to Tim Tebow. Let me say that again: Kyle Orton lost his job to Tim Tebow. On what planet is this a good alternative? Jeremy White actually got something right this morning: this is clearly a case of Bills fans thinking "anybody else" and not putting any thought into it beyond that.

Did I mention that Orton lost his job to Tebow?

Bingo. I would just keep playing EJ and fire Hackett.

I want to see what Orton can do..... Yes he lost his job to Tebow, but he sure as hell can probably hit wide open receivers more often than not, as compared to EJ, who just thinks his receivers are in the front row of the stands.

Hackett needs to go bye bye before the end of the season and someone with real experience needs to be in his spot.

Either way I'm not liking the chances for the rest of the season

Hey, remember that new thing where teams can make draft day trades?

Fair deuce.

But what would it take to get back into the bottom half or third of the first round next year? Our 2nd and 3rd rounder, plus something else?

(Just seems like spending good money after bad to go that route.)

Edited by That Aud Smell

I want to see what Orton can do..... Yes he lost his job to Tebow, but he sure as hell can probably hit wide open receivers more often than not, as compared to EJ, who just thinks his receivers are in the front row of the stands.

Hackett needs to go bye bye before the end of the season and someone with real experience needs to be in his spot.

Either way I'm not liking the chances for the rest of the season

Kyle Orton is not an unknown quantity. Unless you or anyone else is prepared to argue he got substantially better the past four years by not starting and kinda-sorta-almost retiring twice, we know what he can do, and it's not good.

Kyle Orton is not an unknown quantity. Unless you or anyone else is prepared to argue he got substantially better the past four years by not starting and kinda-sorta-almost retiring twice, we know what he can do, and it's not good.

I surely don't think he's the answer to our prayers by any means, and I sure didn't follow Orton enough to say that I think we're gonna win 9 more games. But EJ has been That bad to justify this move.

Fair deuce.

But what would it take to get back into the bottom half or third of the first round next year? Our 2nd and 3rd rounder, plus something else?

(Just seems like spending good money after bad to go that route.)

Depends on where our pick is. Took a second and a fourth for the Vikings to move up last year.

I surely don't think he's the answer to our prayers by any means, and I sure didn't follow Orton enough to say that I think we're gonna win 9 more games. But EJ has been That bad to justify this move.

Player A: 58.5% completions, 6.63 YPA, 1.14 TD:INT ratio, 79.9 rating

Player B: 58% completions, 6.4 YPA, 1.33 TD: INT ratio, 78.5 rating

One of those players is EJ Manuel, and the other is Kyle Orton. Can you guess who is who? Actually, scratch that, the better question is does it even matter which is which?

Here's where I'm at.

I watched the whole game on Sunday. When EJ threw that interception to kill the game and the momentum (just after the Bills picked off Fitz deep in their territory), I did not even react. Nothing, nil, nada, zip... That is how far I have divested emotionally from my team. It didn't raise my heart beat a single bit. In the Kelly era, I would have been a lunatic, had Jimbo done that.

That's sad. That is what happens when you field an inept team for a full decade and then some.

I thought Orton should have been put into that game, but EJ saved his day by hitting Williams on an 80 yard bomb.

Until the organization decides it wants to win, it is hard for me to invest anything else emotionally in my team.

One of those players is EJ Manuel, and the other is Kyle Orton. Can you guess who is who? Actually, scratch that, the better question is does it even matter which is which?

There's one big difference, Orton can move the ball. Orton had several games where he came in for relief, so figuring out yards/game average is tough. But he's had numerous 300+ yard games and a few 400+ yard games. EJ came close too 300 once.

Glad to hear Orton is getting the nod. I agree with the sentiment that the locker room played a part in this. All the beatings our receivers were taking from EJ hanging them out to dry on passes along with the offense sputtering out in general had to take its toll.

Time to find out if Manuel was holding the offense back or if Hackett just plain sucks. I have a feeling it's going to look much improved despite facing the top defense on the road next week.

Unfortunatley I'm not a stats guy and as much as I'd like to be, I'm not a good debater either, but just looking at this current QB, right now, especially this week can you honestly tell me that a change is the worst thing in the world. Because I can't see a performance much worse than the Houston game that we only lost by 6

Anyone can look up stats, but what do your eyes tell you about Orton? Stats are devoid of context. They never tell the whole picture. Personally, I liked Orton in Chicago and in Denver, although he can be inconsistent from game-to-game. He is a "game manager" more than a gunslinger, but he makes quick decisions and can win with the proper supporting cast.

This decision has little to do with Orton and has everything to do with EJ playing absolutely terrible football. Getting him out of there increases the team's chance of winning in the short-term. And, sitting the bench for a while will give EJ a chance to regain some confidence, which is clearly shot.

Anyone can look up stats, but what do your eyes tell you about Orton? Stats are devoid of context. They never tell the whole picture. Personally, I liked Orton in Chicago and in Denver, although he can be inconsistent from game-to-game. He is a "game manager" more than a gunslinger, but he makes quick decisions and can win with the proper supporting cast.

This decision has little to do with Orton and has everything to do with EJ playing absolutely terrible football. Getting him out of there increases the team's chance of winning in the short-term. And, sitting the bench for a while will give EJ a chance to regain some confidence, which is clearly shot.

Dude.....

that avatar lol

change it, i can't deal with that every day :w00t:

Edited by Numark

A ref during the KC-NE game just flagged Husain Abdullah for performing the sujood following a touchdown. How the ######? That ref should be fined/suspended. Ridiculous.

You want to suspend/fine a ref for enforcing something specifically against a rule?

Players know they cannot do that and have been flagged for it before

Edited by Numark

You want to suspend/fine a ref for enforcing something specifically against a rule?

Players know they cannot do that and have been flagged for it before

I'm with Numark on this one. He'd have been flagged for going to one knee and doing the sign of the cross, or pointing skyward too.

I dont get why it is a rule (anyone know?), so tank may be right that it is stupid and should be changed. But not the refs fault

All covered under the No Fun League umbrella.

Also under things that are awesome: Watching Bill Belichick's smug ass in his hoody giving his mumbling snarky press conference. I dislike him strongly.