Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

That was the player's view of it as well. He was quoted as saying that, next time, he will "stop before I drop" (i.e., no slide).

And that's where the whole discussion should stop. The player understands why he was flagged and is not mad about it. There's nothing to see here, but some will still find reason to attack the NFL for this.

And that's where the whole discussion should stop. The player understands why he was flagged and is not mad about it. There's nothing to see here, but some will still find reason to attack the NFL for this.

Which is weird, because the NFL rarely gives the public reason to be skeptical of their motives.

Except he wasn't flagged for the slide. I believed it after I heard Abdullah say it, but the ref stated he was penalized under the "going to the knees" rule and the NFL admitted that he shouldn't have been penalized. The discussion ended when the NFL did the right thing.

Which is weird, because the NFL rarely gives the public reason to be skeptical of their motives.

:D

"Nothing to see" but the NFL found something to see considering they released a statement on it...

Except he wasn't flagged for the slide. I believed it after I heard Abdullah say it, but the ref stated he was penalized under the "going to the knees" rule and the NFL admitted that he shouldn't have been penalized. The discussion ended when the NFL did the right thing.

I dunno. The slide came first. In order to slide, he first needed to go to his knees. So, seems to me he was flagged for the slide.

This reminds me a bit of one of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite movies.

You're the only one in this conversation trying to pick fights. You could probably have an actual conversation and state your side instead of being childish.

Childish? I'm completely baffled by your suggestion that the NFL was trying to create something out of this. A quick search around the internet has people accusing them of having an anti-Muslim bias. This idea is quickly handled by making the quick statement saying it shouldn't have been flagged. This is a simple move for them to make and it is the right one. Some will still find reason to attack the league (they always do), but this one is pretty much taken care of at this point.

They have screwed up with plenty of things lately, but this one isn't one of them. It is now time for the media to return to their witch hunt for things that actually are worth attacking the league over.

Childish? I'm completely baffled by your suggestion that the NFL was trying to create something out of this[1]. A quick search around the internet has people accusing them of having an anti-Muslim bias. This idea is quickly handled by making the quick statement saying it shouldn't have been flagged. This is a simple move for them to make and it is the right one [2]. Some will still find reason to attack the league (they always do), but this one is pretty much taken care of at this point.

They have screwed up with plenty of things lately, but this one isn't one of them. It is now time for the media to return to their witch hunt for things that actually are worth attacking the league over [3].

[1] I'm pretty sure the contention is that the league recognized that it WAS something, and thus made a statement, not that the league was making it into something.

[2] Tank made almost EXACTLY this statement, yet you find objection:

Very glad to see it. Just a simple move by the league, but it's a meaningful one.

[3] If there are things actually worth attacking the league over, "witch hunt" may be a poor descriptor.

Edited by Glass Case Of Emotion

does not matter, at all, merely a point-of-order on logic on an internet message board.

I saw an inconsistency in the argument, and was confused.

Yea, my original call for a fine/suspension was wrong which changed. I got carried away on that part haha. The definition of what he was flagged for was pretty irrelevant because no matter how its sliced it was connected to his prayer. But I'm sure this won't happen in the future now.

[1] I'm pretty sure the contention is that the league recognized that it WAS something, and thus made a statement, not that the league was making it into something.

To me, the statement is a "shut up, you people are morons" type response. They've washed their hands and now they're done with it.

[3] If there are things actually worth attacking the league over, "witch hunt" may be a poor descriptor.

I'm fine with using that description. Maybe it's just a societal thing, but there are large numbers of people out there now who watch through this stuff just waiting to pounce on even the most minor mistakes and bury someone. It's ridiculous. I'd rather just watch the game and not go hunting for the next massive conspiracy.

To me, the statement is a "shut up, you people are morons" type response. They've washed their hands and now they're done with it.

I'm fine with using that description. Maybe it's just a societal thing, but there are large numbers of people out there now who watch through this stuff just waiting to pounce on even the most minor mistakes and bury someone. It's ridiculous. I'd rather just watch the game and not go hunting for the next massive conspiracy.

Fair enough. I'm glad there are people watch dogging the multibillion dollar monopoly with massive social influence, but I can also understand just wanting to be entertained. That's how I feel about Notre Dame.

I think we get charged up and beat the Lions...only barely though. I'm thinking 27-24. Detroit coming off a thorough whoopin' of the Jets, underestimates Buffalo, and is surprised, especially with the new QB in the fold.

I think we get romped again thanks to our garbage O Line and bad coaching.

I think we get romped again thanks to our garbage O Line and bad coaching.

I really don't think it'll be a romping. As bad as the O-line is, we will have plenty of chances for draws and screens, which, if Geno Smith were a real qb, would've beaten the Lions. However Geno played like Geno does and similar to Manuel threw the game away. The Lions are a beatable team, just ask the Panthers. The Packers and Giants are shells of their former selves, like the Patriots. Those teams can't decide whether or not they actually want to show on any given Sunday. Detroit is just a VERY opportunistic Defense, and if Calvin Johnson isn't doubled, a VERY opportunistic offense.

I think we get charged up and beat the Lions...only barely though. I'm thinking 27-24. Detroit coming off a thorough whoopin' of the Jets, underestimates Buffalo, and is surprised, especially with the new QB in the fold.

I haven't seen any of Detroit's games this year, but did I hear some chatter about Calvin Johnson not being used quite as much so far? If that's the case, that's the last thing I want to be hearing going into a game against them. You just know he'll break out against us.