Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

Uncle Terry may buy the Bills? Yes, please.

Then we'd really have a solid experiment environment to see if Pegula compares with Snyder in terms of unhelpful owner activism.

I really don't care what happens to the Bills, but if it ends up with the Pegulas, at least I trust them with the stadium decisions.

Pegula owning the Bills....hmmm. Yeah, that'd be great because, you know, he's really turned the Sabres franchise around. So, Terry is still on the low end of the learning curve when it comes to owning a sports franchise and now we want to throw him into the REAL deep end of the pool with owning an NFL franchise. There is one bright spot - he won't be able to take a middling franchise and turn them into a laughinstock because, well, the Bills are just about there already. (Thank goodness Hollywood picked the Browns for that draft movie instead of Buffalo, hey?)

I think Pegula will make a better Bills owner than Sabres. The NFL is a Navy and each team is like an aircraft carrier. There are just too many moving parts for someone to take all day and get their hands on every aspect. An NHL team is like a yacht. Very easy to take command of the wheel for someone. His wallet and loyalty will come in much more handy in the NFL. He also doesn't have the knowledge it seems that he does about hockey, so probably would sit back and relax like some of us wished with the Sabres.

Two concerns.

1) Reporters are making a point saying Kim and Terry Pegula want to buy them, and Kim is taking more control. I think that is a great move on the PR front as she is pretty loose and can handle the publicity without coming across as awkward. It's also a bit of a red flag. It would be nice if the owner could take command and give a feeling of competence and confidence. Maybe he is a really smart guy and has a touch of aspergers or something.

2) This city would be putting all it's eggs in one basket. If something ever happened to Pegula, be it health, legal, interest waning......this city will be F'd beyond hope. You could lose your football team, hockey team, and have an abandoned downtown all at once. Don't take this lightly.

Terry: Where's OJ? (quivering)

Gibby, leaning in: mumble gurgle mumble ahem err ahem

It's not that implausible. I mean, the guy was too busy running his company to know that the Sabres were bankrupt, for sale and in danger of relocating. How could he possibly have followed The Trial of the Century?

I think Pegula will make a better Bills owner than Sabres. The NFL is a Navy and each team is like an aircraft carrier. There are just too many moving parts for someone to take all day and get their hands on every aspect. An NHL team is like a yacht. Very easy to take command of the wheel for someone. His wallet and loyalty will come in much more handy in the NFL. He also doesn't have the knowledge it seems that he does about hockey, so probably would sit back and relax like some of us wished with the Sabres.

Terry doesn't have any "knowledge" of hockey, at least none that is useful as an owner. I imagine Terry thinks of himself as just as big a football fan as he is a hockey fan, if not bigger. Remember the reporting that had Terry pulling the strings behind the scenes to try and get an assistant Penn State coach a head coaching job at Pitt. Terry is Penn State football through and through. I imagine he would meddle with the Bills as much as he meddles with the Sabres. It's why he's buying these teams, to play fantasy owner, for real.

Terry doesn't have any "knowledge" of hockey, at least none that is useful as an owner. I imagine Terry thinks of himself as just as big a football fan as he is a hockey fan, if not bigger. Remember the reporting that had Terry pulling the strings behind the scenes to try and get an assistant Penn State coach a head coaching job at Pitt. Terry is Penn State football through and through. I imagine he would meddle with the Bills as much as he meddles with the Sabres. It's why he's buying these teams, to play fantasy owner, for real.

That was just Terry trying to do Uncle Cliff and Tom Bradley a favor by getting him out of Dodge before the Sandusky stuff went public.

Kim Pegula is the stronger tie to the WNY. Having been born and raised here unlike her husband, Terry, who fell in love with the French Connection and the Sabres.

I have no doubts about the future of the Sabres, Bills (should they purchase them) and the Rochester Americans.

But she's not from Buffalo, She's form Fairport.

The Rochester Bills?

The Batavia Bills?

;)

Terry: Where's OJ? (quivering)

Gibby, leaning in: mumble gurgle mumble ahem err ahem

It's not that implausible. I mean, the guy was too busy running his company to know that the Sabres were bankrupt, for sale and in danger of relocating. How could he possibly have followed The Trial of the Century?

Racist.

@JeffRussoWKBW

Prospective bidders on the #Bills were mailed a non-disclosure agreement which arrived Wed. Further financials sent after agreement signed.

@JohnKryk

#Bills sent out a 7-page non-disclosure agreement & teaser doc to prospective bidders yesterday, I'm told. Deets: http://www.torontosun.com/2014/06/19/exclusive-bills-reach-out-to-prospective-bidders-are-officially-on-sale …

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1) Reporters are making a point saying Kim and Terry Pegula want to buy them, and Kim is taking more control. I think that is a great move on the PR front as she is pretty loose and can handle the publicity without coming across as awkward. It's also a bit of a red flag. It would be nice if the owner could take command and give a feeling of competence and confidence. Maybe he is a really smart guy and has a touch of aspergers or something.

Maybe if he would of listened to Kim and got rid of Darcy Regier earlier, the Sabres wouldn't be in the position they are right now.