All about St. Louis's Blues

darksabre

It's easy to root for them. They wear blue & gold. They share other things with the Sabres as well. They are the only two teams coached by Scotty Bowman that weren't Cup winners, they've both been to the finals multiple times and lost, etc. In short, they're perennial underdogs, just like us.

Might as well start one for the Islanders as well. Hell if they defer we could let it run all the way to next April. Am i the only one that feels we have hit rock bottom when we are dedicating threads to different teams because we are worried about a freaking draft pick?

That is my one and only post you will see from me on a thread dedicated to a freaking draft pick and an ex-Sabre who couldn't wait to get the hell out of town. Have some pride guys!!

Might as well start one for the Islanders as well. Hell if they defer we could let it run all the way to next April. Am i the only one that feels we have hit rock bottom when we are dedicating threads to different teams because we are worried about a freaking draft pick?

That is my one and only post you will see from me on a thread dedicated to a freaking draft pick and an ex-Sabre who couldn't wait to get the hell out of town. Have some pride guys!!

Baby.

Not going to lie I watched last night's Blues v Coyotes game. It was interesting I suppose but I'm probably not watching another one. It was certainly much different watching the Blues roar back in the third and dominate the last 20 minutes to get the win. Reminds me of the 06-07' Sabres teams that could put in a strong effort in the third and win after an even first 40mins.

Plus with the trading away of our remaining talent, rooting for some winning hockey could be a welcome refresher from the monotony of losing every game.

Don't worry, he's in the thread tags :P

as are Hitchcock's jowls...well played :clapping:

There's a bit more riding on St Louis in all seriousness. some of us are actually fans of said player(s) that left (and no, I don't mean Roy). Ott and Miller are out of town and you're still bitching. ease on up hoss. Ignore the thread. no one says you have to read every thread on here.

I'm torn. Because of my understanding/lack of understanding of exactly what the conditions are for the conditional pick.

The best possible draft would come from the following scenario: St Louis tanks, but Ryan Miller signs with them anyways before that mystery signing deadline. I believe that nets us a 1st round pick in 2014, and would be higher than if the Blues actually made it deep in the playoffs. But if Ryan doesn't sign, our conditional pick gets knocked back, possibly as low as the 2016 3rd rounder. Ryan's in control in this scenario.

The best scenario where Ryan's contract doesn't control the fate of the pick is that the Blues make the conference finals. We'd get the 1st round pick in 2014, but it could only be as high as the 27th pick. And that requires that the Blues go deep in the playoffs. Note that they haven't done that since 2001; they lost in the Semifinals in '12 and Quarterfinals in '13, after finishing tied for 2nd in points in '12 and finishing 6th in '13. Blues are currently second in the league, with 22 games to go and a five point difference between second and seventh.

I believe it boils down to the question: Will Ryan Miller resign with St Louis?

If definitely yes, we boo the ###### out of that team to get the higher pick.

If definitely no, we want that team to win at least two rounds, which may be within their power, but not absolutely.

The second option is possibly the safer play, but the first option gets the best return.

The Blues are all in with Miller this year. If the Blues tank, whether it's Miller's fault or not, I don't believe they will attempt to re-sign him.

So that means you hope for them to re-sign Miller first, and then they tank. That's not happening though.

Nah, this is the point where we all think things are going up from, then they come back and we reach a whole new level of rock bottom after Wednesday

I don't know. Dressing a street goalie for an NHL game is kind of a low point.

I don't know. Dressing a street goalie for an NHL game is kind of a low point.

You do realize it has happened several times in the past 5-6 years, right? Hell, St. Louis' backup goalie on Friday night was an employee of the Ducks, who just happened to be their opponent that night.

You do realize it has happened several times in the past 5-6 years, right? Hell, St. Louis' backup goalie on Friday night was an employee of the Ducks, who just happened to be their opponent that night.

Doesn't change my point or my thinking.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.