All about St. Louis's Blues

darksabre

Just got done watching the Blues game time-shifted. Ryan Miller had an outstanding game today. This was a big game - divisional rivals, only 3 points separating them going in. Outstanding game play by both teams. Miller made a real difference - couple tremendous saves.

Center Ice had the Colorado broadcast - but they showed an interesting stat - so far for the Blues, Ryan has averaged 22 shots faced per game vs 35 with Buffalo this season. And the Sabres averaging 1.90 goals per game in support, vs 3.30 for the Blues. Big difference in the teams right there.

I hope Ryan can get a chance at the Cup. I'm happy for both him and Otter. But it is a little depressing - when watching two high quality teams like this going at it - you realize how far the Sabres are from competing at this level. Thanks, Darcy!

It seems as though some think my comment was an insult or complaint. It wasn't. I love that we have a thread for the Blues to discuss Miller and the Blues.

Was just noting that the Wild have four former Sabres, as well.

Yep. And fun to follow. But we don't have the pleasure of watching the Wild play for a first-rounder.

(Or, in my case, maybe it's because I've got a really close friend in St. Paul who just lets me know regardless.)

Yep. And fun to follow. But we don't have the pleasure of watching the Wild play for a first-rounder.

(Or, in my case, maybe it's because I've got a really close friend in St. Paul who just lets me know regardless.)

Technically we could watch the Wild and root for them to lose since we have their second rounder. ;)

I don't recall seeing Ryan so relaxed for a post game interview. Ya think it's starting to sink that he won the lottery? Good for him and Otter. Really, really hope they get rid of Roy. He has got to go! :censored:

I may not have the same sentiments about Roy than most of you, but on a good team and he is your 3rd line center, you don't get rid of him.

I still wonder if the Blues' achilles heel is lack of high end offensive skill. They play great as a team, but there may come a time in the playoffs when they wish they had a Kane-level offensive player.

I think TJ can be that guy. He obviously likes the big stage and lights

Steen could also get hot again.

Edited by wjag

I still wonder if the Blues' achilles heel is lack of high end offensive skill. They play great as a team, but there may come a time in the playoffs when they wish they had a Kane-level offensive player.

It's been their problem for a while now. Remember when the Predators underwhelmed in the playoffs because they couldn't score? That's my fear for the Blues.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.