Shake up in the office PAT LaFONTAINE RESIGNS

Jeanbe

Can't Murray just stand on his own?

And if it's not player related then can't Terry come give a statement?

Murray isn't the guy to explain why his boss left.

I don't know why Ted Black has to be at these things if he's just the "business guy." This is a hockey side story. Terry's gutless. Again.

Yea, Pegula in front of an open mic is generally a disaster. I'd imagine he would only make this situation worse, and that's saying something.

I really don't know what motivates the crusade against Pegula, but as TrueBlue says, he's just not much of a public speaker. He hired someone to be his spokesperson, and that's really all there is to it.

Well, this is bad.

My take ...

I mentioned before that whenever I listen to Pegula I think that I could never work for him. All nice and soft spoken on the outside, but a ruthless power hungry snot on the inside. You do not become a billionaire without being ruthless.

I also posted that I did not like his cross-pollination of duties comment at the presser to announce Patty and Ted coming back to the Sabres. When Patty cut him off in the presser I knew it wouldn't last. I gave Patty six months, tops. The presser is on here somewhere, if you want to listen, also my comments.

With respect to X, IMO, Patty did not lose a pissing contest with Murray. He dared to go up against TP. TP told him he would run the hockey department, of that I have no doubt. Why else would Patty come to Buffalo? Really? TP and his hatchet men stuck their nose into the hockey department business and Patty voiced his disapproval. He didn't stand a chance.

IMO, again, Patty did not resign. He was forced out, but had a soft place to land in place before hand.

Well, this is bad.

My take ...

I mentioned before that whenever I listen to Pegula I think that I could never work for him. All nice and soft spoken on the outside, but a ruthless power hungry snot on the inside. You do not become a billionaire without being ruthless.

I also posted that I did not like his cross-pollination of duties comment at the presser to announce Patty and Ted coming back to the Sabres. When Patty cut him off in the presser I knew it wouldn't last. I gave Patty six months, tops. The presser is on here somewhere, if you want to listen, also my comments.

With respect to X, IMO, Patty did not lose a pissing contest with Murray. He dared to go up against TP. TP told him he would run the hockey department, of that I have no doubt. Why else would Patty come to Buffalo? Really? TP and his hatchet men stuck their nose into the hockey department business and Patty voiced his disapproval. He didn't stand a chance.

IMO, again, Patty did not resign. He was forced out, but had a soft place to land in place before hand.

I think you hit it. This looks like LaFontaine vs. Batistta and LaFontaine lost. If you believe that this had nothing to do with Miller and Nolan, then this is the only plausible thing that makes sense. This would also seem like a power struggle between an insider with the title of VP of Hockey Businesses who does not report to the outsider who is President of Hockey Operations but reports to the owner directly. And there is where I think the power struggle took place.

Murray isn't the guy to explain why his boss left.

I really don't know what motivates the crusade against Pegula, but as TrueBlue says, he's just not much of a public speaker. He hired someone to be his spokesperson, and that's really all there is to it.

The Pegula hate is beyond weird to me. It is his team if he wants to make himself the GM then fine. it is his property. Despite this, would people still rather have TG? No. They wouldn't. Pegula is good for this team. I'm not going to leap to any conclusions about who the villain is and how TP is a monster in sheep's clothing etc. It is pathetic to do that. We all know nothing, but are quite happy to bitch about people because some have pre-conceived ideas and conspiracy theories.

All we know is something happened to make PLF resign after a few months. PLF has done this before in NY

I see no reason Pegula needs to be at any press-conference. People think he meddles and then doesn't show up to deal with the fall out. but what if, he doesn't actually meddle and isn't at any press conference because that is the job of the people he hired

The Pegula hate is beyond weird to me. It is his team if he wants to make himself the GM then fine. it is his property. Despite this, would people still rather have TG? No. They wouldn't. Pegula is good for this team. I'm not going to leap to any conclusions about who the villain is and how TP is a monster in sheep's clothing etc. It is pathetic to do that. We all know nothing, but are quite happy to bitch about people because some have pre-conceived ideas and conspiracy theories.

All we know is something happened to make PLF resign after a few months. PLF has done this before in NY

I see no reason Pegula needs to be at any press-conference. People think he meddles and then doesn't show up to deal with the fall out. but what if, he doesn't actually meddle and isn't at any press conference because that is the job of the people he hired

Nice post.

Disagree. The very idea of bringing PLF into the Sabre Organization as GM or VP of Hockey Ops was Pegula's. He should be there to explain the failing of it.

They better put this to bed quickly they don't need more negative stuff coming out of this team especially during a rebuild and for the future. They don't need more negative press if they want quality free agents to land in Buffalo. What is more depressing is that Nolan doesn't sound that great in that news conference. I'm wondering if he even will accept the full-time heading coaching spot in Buffalo after this mess. What a joke this is becoming. If some of this has to do with Ryan Miller and Steve Ott not getting contract offers or some other BS thing between PLF and Murray I will be pissed.

I wonder if Mike Harrington will throw another temper tantrum about TP's absence.

He's already banging the drum; hopefully he and Sully can be a little more professional this time:

Mike Harrington@BNHarrington 4h

Remember this post the morning Lindy was fired? It applies today. The owner needs to speak. Yes, we're there again. http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2013/02/its-time-for-terry-to-talk-today.html?ref=bipn

When TP first bought the team I knew if the Sabres weren't a cup contender in 2 years people would turn on him.

It's the way he's handled his business that people have a problem with. I'm glad he bought the team and I appreciate what he's doing for the city but there's a distinct lack of tact in the way he handles internal problems and that makes me uneasy.

Disagree. The very idea of bringing PLF into the Sabre Organization as GM or VP of Hockey Ops was Pegula's. He should be there to explain the failing of it.

I was off the grid for most of yesterday and it's looking like that was a good thing.

I think yesterday was the day where begin a Sabres fan officially became akin to rooting for the good guys on Game of Thrones. Every time you think things can't possibly get worse, they do.

I've hated our roster for a while, but this is the first time I can say I have ZERO faith in Pegula. Right now everything feels like it's built on sand.

that TN presser didn't help me feel any warmer or fuzzier about this mess. I got the feeling he's not sure he wants to accept a contract offer.

WTF is going on?

Just watched the presser and I'm sorry to say I agree 100%. It's at least 50/50 that he's not back next year.

I was off the grid for most of yesterday and it's looking like that was a good thing.

I think yesterday was the day where begin a Sabres fan officially became akin to rooting for the good guys on Game of Thrones. Every time you think things can't possibly get worse, they do.

I've hated our roster for a while, but this is the first time I can say I have ZERO faith in Pegula. Right now everything feels like it's built on sand.

Just when you're starting to relax and enjoy the open bar at the red wedding...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.