Shake up in the office PAT LaFONTAINE RESIGNS

Jeanbe

Goalies: Bishop and Bernier picked up in the offseason for songs. PLF wanted to keep Miller and resign him...? For what reason? Murray did the right thing. Get rid of him, ensure more losses, have a better chance to make our pick = McDavid and move on. This team is on a full rebuild. Thank you Mr. Murray and thank you Patty for bringing him on in.

Now get rid of all other deadwood and worry about a goalie when the time presents itself or one falls onto your lap. They will keep churning them out of the Butterfly G machine. Pick it up later.

I really want to hear the real story. If it's LaFontaine being petulant (again?) and leaving, I want to know why.

If it's ownership sticking with Murray, I want to know why.

Neither has proven himself in his new role, as far as I'm concerned.

Late to the party, here are my observations/reactions:

1. Sabres actually seemed to be moving out of LFT status and I attributed that to PLF's relations w/ the league office. Does this put the Sabres back on double secret probation? I guess we'll find out next time Scott looks at somebody.

2. If Patrick stays I am better w/ this move than if he leaves.

3. As others have stated, this doesn't reflect well on Patty right now.

4. If Patrick stays, I am good w/ having a hardass for the GM. He can fill in for PLF in matters between the Sabres and the league. If he goes, I still like having a hardass for GM, but begin to question whether this is the right one.

5. Why do Buffalo sports ALWAYS have to come w/ such drama?

Bulldog just tweeted that he and Jeremy White will be on WGR tomorrow 9-11am to discuss the Sabres.

Great the conversation will go " I ran 24 miles today",, " I cant believe Syracuse lost the ACC"

Late to the party, here are my observations/reactions:

1. Sabres actually seemed to be moving out of LFT status and I attributed that to PLF's relations w/ the league office. Does this put the Sabres back on double secret probation? I guess we'll find out next time Scott looks at somebody.

2. If Patrick stays I am better w/ this move than if he leaves.

3. As others have stated, this doesn't reflect well on Patty right now.

4. If Patrick stays, I am good w/ having a hardass for the GM. He can fill in for PLF in matters between the Sabres and the league. If he goes, I still like having a hardass for GM, but begin to question whether this is the right one.

5. Why do Buffalo sports ALWAYS have to come w/ such drama?

Like the phantom trip the other night???lol...Lafontaine helped on that one

If it's ownership sticking with Murray, I want to know why.

Pretty simple as to why they'd choose a GM with 20 years of experience in front offices over a guy who quit after 60 days during his last job and doesn't really have the proper qualifications to be in a front office. If that's the case.

From Bucky Gleason:

@TBNbucky: Working phones all night. I'm hearing LaFontaine did not resign, but was fired. Many, many theories out there with blame on both sides.

@TBNbucky: One thing that is consistent: LaF and Murray agreed Nolan should stay. Power struggle was higher than Murray but not all execs involved.

Edited by pastajoe

From Bucky Gleason:

@TBNbucky: Working phones all night. I'm hearing LaFontaine did not resign, but was fired. Many, many theories out there with blame on both sides.

@TBNbucky: One thing that is consistent: LaF and Murray agreed Nolan should stay. Power struggle was higher than Murray but not all execs involved.

And Wawrow says blame shouldn't fall on the Sabres. So who's right?

Also sounds like Gleason is putting his chess pieces all over the board. One is bound to be right.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Bucky Gleason@TBNbucky 1m

One thing that is consistent: LaF and Murray agreed Nolan should stay. Power struggle was higher than Murray but not all execs involved.

That is actually good news.

If true.

And Wawrow says blame shouldn't fall on the Sabres. So who's right?

It all makes sense if PLF was the problem. I'm not certain at all that is the case. But that is the only thing that makes sense.

Seeing that Pat La brought in the likes of Linus Omark and one other that I've already forgotten, I have more confidence in TM at personnel decisions (a least Patty didn't sign them to multi year contracts).

My guess is Patty saw that his work was effectively done and his input was no longer needed in hockey personnel decisions. He bought in the people that can bring respect back to the franchise by themselves. His position became redundant.

From a blogger..

Two in the Box@2ITB_Buffalo 3m

The more I see the more I feel that LaFontaine was misled in what his role would be

Two in the Box@2ITB_Buffalo 2m

He was prob hired w/ the understanding that he'd have control and a say in the direction but mgmt ended up just wanting him as a figurehead

Two in the Box@2ITB_Buffalo 1m

He brought all the good PR feels for the fans but wasn't going to be given much say in moves. He prob thought otherwise

This is interesting. Honestly I'll admit to being confused what a hockey president's role is (especially like 3 of them). I'm not necessarily sad or angry, but i am tired and drunk.

I'd also like the full story

In all likelihood, you've had a more interesting night than everyone else here. Please fill us in on the details tomorrow.

Edited by Eleven

That leaves PLF fighting with either Sawyer or Black.

I don't think we can consider Black a member of Pegula's "inner circle".

From a blogger..

Two in the Box@2ITB_Buffalo 3m

The more I see the more I feel that LaFontaine was misled in what his role would be

Two in the Box@2ITB_Buffalo 2m

He was prob hired w/ the understanding that he'd have control and a say in the direction but mgmt ended up just wanting him as a figurehead

Two in the Box@2ITB_Buffalo 1m

He brought all the good PR feels for the fans but wasn't going to be given much say in moves. He prob thought otherwise

This dude has read this thread. These points were made hours ago here.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.