OFFICIAL: Ryan Miller, Steve Ott to St. Louis for Chris Stewart, Halak, Carrier and two picks

Hoss

I wonder if this trade kind of forces an arms race out west, which would push up the value of our remaining assets (Moulson, Stewart, and to a lesser extent Halak)

I like the trade if only for the fact that it frees up Murray to be able to spend more time trying to spin Moulson and others. If we waited till deadline day, there would be too many moving parts.

Ott was the guy I wanted for this team. I was tickled to death when Roy-for-Ott actually happened. I knew this was coming, but it still hurts a little. I'd feel better if another, younger Ott might be coming back.

:cry:

Ott was the guy I wanted for this team. I was tickled to death when Roy-for-Ott actually happened. I knew this was coming, but it still hurts a little. I'd feel better if another, younger Ott might be coming back.

1. He very well may be back.

2. Sorry to say, but guys like him aren't that hard to find. First line centers are hard to find. Starting goalies that are like brick walls are hard to find.

1. He very well may be back.

2. Sorry to say, but guys like him aren't that hard to find. First line centers are hard to find. Starting goalies that are like brick walls are hard to find.

Shut. Your. ###### mouth.

:P

what the hell? Can't say wh0re around here?

Edited by weave

The irony is the one guy that could have probably plugged into Stewart for Stl was Ott..... It sounds like Stewart is out of here, but he's a blender of Stafford, Ott and Kassian. 26..... I think the Sabres did very well in this trade.

The irony is the one guy that could have probably plugged into Stewart for Stl was Ott..... It sounds like Stewart is out of here, but he's a blender of Stafford, Ott and Kassian. 26..... I think the Sabres did very well in this trade.

He's 150 pounds Drew Stafford, 50 pounds Ott, 28 pounds Kassian.

So long Ryan and Steve. You are character guys...I hope you win for the Blues and give us another #1. But I think the Sabres won the trade. I like stock-piling number #1s. Sounds like Sam Pollock and the old Mtl. Canadiens. I like giving Stewart a chance to be a star and Halak can actually come into his own if Buffalo is his kind of town. Or Enroth can finally come into his own. It's all good.

post-2267-0-16531000-1393647513_thumb.jpg

Edited by 716

I really don't like this trade, at all. In any trade with Saint Louis, I wanted Rattie back. This is now a five-year, not three-year rebuild, and I didn't even like three.

This is what I've been saying for awhile now a 3-5 years before we see the playoffs leaning more towards 5. This organization is going to develop these kids and no one is going to be rushed even if we get the 1st overall pick this year.

After relaxing a bit, I love this trade. They'll get even more for at least one of Halak/Stewart.

I was getting nervous that Miller was going to end up going out for just a pick and decent prospect. In the end they get very good value.

Hopefully Ott comes back.

Having an entire team of picks and prospects isn't necessarily good, just ask Edmonton.

But Edmonton has no clue until this last year on how to rebuild that team. I just don't want to here about Sam Gagner to Buffalo any more. I don't want him.

After relaxing a bit, I love this trade. They'll get even more for at least one of Halak/Stewart.

I was getting nervous that Miller was going to end up going out for just a pick and decent prospect. In the end they get very good value.

I see him flipping either one or both of those players.

This is what I've been saying for awhile now a 3-5 years before we see the playoffs leaning more towards 5. This organization is going to develop these kids and no one is going to be rushed even if we get the 1st overall pick this year.

My opinion is that we see the playoffs in 2-3 years, and this huge stockpile of draftpicks will help us add pieces when we want to pull the trigger. I love the idea of trading Halak and Stewart and continuing our fun. In addition, we have huge salary cap flexibility. I'd be very interested to see if we can help teams by taking on a bad contract or two for next season too.

Murray must be in heaven, he has low expectations at the moment, wealth in future assets, and an owner who is willing to help the team. Don't discount eating 1.75M - that may have been the piece that made the conditional draft pick so sweet.

I'm with wjag and Eleven on this trade, although the conditional pick helps some. We just made a hole at the one position that was set and traded the first "real" captain since July 2007. I don't like the stockpiling of yet more picks since it means a much longer rebuild, but not surprising that a team in the playoff mix wasn't looking to unload quality players.

As nfreeman said, I'll be interested to see how Halak and Enroth end up dividing the workload.

The Sabres will make the playoffs in the next two years and will contend seriously within 4-5 years. No way will Murray waste all the assets he has at his disposal. Some of the picks could end up packaged with players for prospects and some of our own prospects will come into their own. Either way they will be back in the playoffs within a couple years!!

So long Ryan and Steve....

Hey, I made that image! Years ago, it seems.

Anyway, I'm officially over it now. Build me a Stanley Cup winning Sabres, please. Thanks.

I'm going to go smoke a bowl and have a piece of pie. Who's with me?

Edited by sizzlemeister

Guys... It's real.... Ryan Miller is no longer a Buffalo Sabre.

Despite the fact, I went to the rink tonight to say goodbye. I will miss this ball of semi emotion and his effort to make us legit. I have a playoff team to root for now. For more reasons than one obviously with a bump in draft pick if he re signs with them or (not sure) gets to the conference final?

Wow I am an emotional mess now. I will miss this guy. He has given us so much. Go Blues!

Hey, I made that image! Years ago, it seems.

Anyway, I'm officially over it now. Build me a Stanley Cup winning Sabres, please. Thanks.

I'm going to go smoke a bowl and have a piece of pie. Who's with me?

I'm in.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.