OFFICIAL: Ryan Miller, Steve Ott to St. Louis for Chris Stewart, Halak, Carrier and two picks

Hoss

I look at the second draft pick. It is conditional. If Miller leads them to the Conference final it can be a 1st this year all the way down to a 3rd in 2016. I will be rooting for St Louis and Miller to do very well in the play offs.

Looking at the Western Conference standings, St. Louis will need to beat one of Chicago, Anaheim, or San Jose in the second round in order to get to the conference finals. That's a pretty tall order, but far from impossible.

Go Miller.

They're second in the league atm. They are already a really good team. They just got even better.

Looking at the Western Conference standings, St. Louis will need to beat one of Chicago, Anaheim, or San Jose in the second round in order to get to the conference finals. That's a pretty tall order, but far from impossible.

Go Miller.

They SHOULD win their first round series. After that it's sort of a coin flip. Ott and Miller should help. And basically getting a two-week vacation a month and a half before the playoffs should help Miller who, IMO, gets burned out during the regular season playing so often for Buffalo.

I guess we'll also get to see what the Sabres think of Enroth relative to Halak -- which will probably be a good indicator of how they feel about Enroth generally.

Maybe, maybe not. Halak is UFA so they hopefully they ship him to Minnesota by Wednesday. Enroth for the rest of the season is fine.

I wonder if this trade kind of forces an arms race out west, which would push up the value of our remaining assets (Moulson, Stewart, and to a lesser extent Halak)

Hey LA Kings - the Blues just improved their goaltending. Need a scorer?

I wonder if this trade kind of forces an arms race out west, which would push up the value of our remaining assets (Moulson, Stewart, and to a lesser extent Halak)

I think this is likely.

Edited by sizzlemeister

They're second in the league atm. They are already a really good team. They just got even better.

They are indeed a good team, but until they do it in the playoffs, they haven't done it -- and they haven't done it yet.

I would be happy to see Miller take them to the promised land.

Good call. I would think so.

Maybe, maybe not. Halak is UFA so they hopefully they ship him to Minnesota by Wednesday. Enroth for the rest of the season is fine.

Also a good call. I'd be surprised if they got anything substantial for Halak, but at this point, anything is better than nothing.

Wow. After hearing his presser, I really miss Miller already. Good luck to him and MattMan. I always root for a team that has won it before, because I hate the non-Sabres list getting longer, but I'm now pulling for the Blues.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.