OFFICIAL: Ryan Miller, Steve Ott to St. Louis for Chris Stewart, Halak, Carrier and two picks

Hoss

With Moulson and Stewart possibly bringing in two more 1st round picks, do I read this right that we could possibly have six 1st round picks in the next two years? That's with a complete defensive core?

I don't think Stewart will be going anywhere for a pick. It seems to me like Tim REALLY wants to get a prospect of his (or two) from Ottawa, and it makes too much sense with how much they were interested in Stewart. Or Moulson. Or both.

I really don't like this trade, at all. In any trade with Saint Louis, I wanted Rattie back. This is now a five-year, not three-year rebuild, and I didn't even like three.

While I agree with the basic point, I disagree with any notion that Rattie is enough himself to shift a rebuild a few years.

I don't think Stewart will be going anywhere for a pick. It seems to me like Tim REALLY wants to get a prospect of his (or two) from Ottawa, and it makes too much sense with how much they were interested in Stewart. Or Moulson. Or both.

Good point.

I really don't like this trade, at all. In any trade with Saint Louis, I wanted Rattie back. This is now a five-year, not three-year rebuild, and I didn't even like three.

I'm with you. There is no end in sight for this franchise and city. Every time they get a piece of the puzzle, they trade it away for yet another draft choice. Marvelous.

I'm with you. There is no end in sight for this franchise and city. Every time they get a piece of the puzzle, they trade it away for yet another draft choice. Marvelous.

He. Didn't. Want. To. Stay.

Miller said it himself. He's turning 34 next year. He doesn't have time to be part of a long-term rebuild.

He gets a great shot at the Cup this year and he can go to (or stay with) a contender for the next few years after that. Be happy for the guy.

Miller's time here has come and gone. I'm surprised you're upset about his trade, and are not mentioning Ott. Ott, IMHO, is the ideal captain to lead the transition from loser to contender.

I guess if Ott goes and wins a Cup, and comes back here, that would be nice.

No one can tell me these two guys wouldn't come back this summer. Not after that.

Ott's press conference had me feeling like he'll be back. Miller's had me feeling like there is absolutely no chance. That was a complete goodbye.

Miller's time here has come and gone. I'm surprised you're upset about his trade, and are not mentioning Ott. Ott, IMHO, is the ideal captain to lead the transition from loser to contender.

I guess if Ott goes and wins a Cup, and comes back here, that would be nice.

If Miller wins the cup I could honestly see him come back as well

Ott's press conference had me feeling like he'll be back. Miller's had me feeling like there is absolutely no chance. That was a complete goodbye.

True. But equally it is hard to tell the difference between being sad it has finally happened and sadness it is truely goodbye

Miller ended his tenure with the Sabres with 2 assists

Dude wants to win a Cup, he's paid his dues.

MIller for 2015 first, Halak and Carrier is about what we expected.

Ott for Stewart and a third is good value — outstanding if Ott comes home.

Stewart is talented, big and unmotivated, but a first-liner on the Sabres.

Carrier is a middling prospect.

Halak may have some trade value, but is otherwise a salary dump and a place holder.

Not a homerun for us, but decent value.

Blues just did what they needed to do to win the cup

Well, you had this one called from the get-go. Nicely done.

Probably the best job of trade prognostication on this board since Weave called Roy-for-Ott.

Depressing as hell.

You know it's "for the best" but it still sucks a lot.

Miller and Ott sound so sad. I don't dislike the Blues so I'm okay with their destination. Let's see what else is gonna happen, I guess.

+1.

Thanks again for your fine work, Darcy.

It should never have come to this.

I hate, hate, hate, hate this.

You can't rebuild without a goal tender. All you folks who couldn't wait to run Miller out of town, congratulations.

I've never seen a franchise and a city that runs EVERY good player out of town.

While I too would've preferred to have kept Miller, I don't think he was run out of town. He didn't want to stay for a rebuild.

I'll be rooting for the Blues this spring.

Thanks for the memories Ryan.

He. Didn't. Want. To. Stay.

Miller said it himself. He's turning 34 next year. He doesn't have time to be part of a long-term rebuild.

He gets a great shot at the Cup this year and he can go to (or stay with) a contender for the next few years after that. Be happy for the guy.

Yeah.. Nobody wants to stay... The message is clear. Stay clear of Buffalo. Don't don the "C" in Buffalo. You will get traded.

Yeah.. Nobody wants to stay... The message is clear. Stay clear of Buffalo. Don't don the "C" in Buffalo. You will get traded.

I think seeing both guys cry at the press conference sends a stronger message to the rest of the hockey world about our city than anything negative you're conjuring up right now.

I think seeing both guys cry at the press conference sends a stronger message to the rest of the hockey world about our city than anything negative you're conjuring up right now.

Okay.. So tell me which free agent is clamoring to come to Buffalo now as a result of that? They all cry.

I think wjag is inconsolable right now. He needs a hug and a good cry.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.