Trade Deadline 2014

LGR4GM

And the unloading of Fasth happens.. and now the Ducks are primed to sign Miller in the off-season.. just as I expected.

I thought the same thing. I'm still skeptical, but it definitely just became more likely.

Separately: Luongo's take-home pay just increased by about 20% and his peace and quiet quotient just increased by about 10000%.

We'll never get value for MIller.

Goalies never get traded at the deadline.

Canucks turn the best goalie combo in the league into Bo Horvat, Jakub Markstrom and Shawn Matthias.

Unless Markstrom really turns things around, not the best of returns.

At least it rids them of their biggest cap headache.

I can't believe all the goaltender movement. What an unusual deadline so far.

This deadline has been completely unlike any I have actually paid attention to. Goaltenders moving all over. Veteran names suddenly popping up and moving. The deadline eve deals that have occurred. The Ryan Miller deal. It has been amazing and it isn't tomorrow yet. I just hope this thing doesn't run out of steam until about 3:15 tomorrow.

We'll never get value for MIller.

Goalies never get traded at the deadline.

Well, since you gloated (in a polite Canadian way, but still), I will point out that it's kinda hard to tell what Miller would've yielded on his own. Ott was a pretty valuable commodity too. And the other goalies who got traded didn't really bring back much.

@NicholsOnHockey

The #Coyotes get a 2014 second round pick from #Blackhawks for David Rundblad, per @azc_mclellan. #NHLTradeDeadline

So the Sens got a top-6 center for a guy who has lost so much value as a prospect that he's only worth a 2nd round pick? I guess this helps counterbalance the Murrays' Bishop-Conacher fleecing. Long live Tim Murray!

I still expect something to happen with Buffalo before tomorrow's deadline. It's going to be to move Halak for something decent with all these goalies on the move. There is still Thomas, Brodeur and possibly Cam Ward still available.

Moulson certainly will be moving at some point.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.