Trade Deadline 2014

LGR4GM

We'll never get value for MIller.

Goalies never get traded at the deadline.

Did we get value for Miller? We traded Miller and Ott for Chris Stewart (a slightly bigger Drew Stafford clone that Blues fans didn't mind unloading), Halak (basically nothing if we can't trade him before he walks as a UFA), a 2015 1st round pick, a 2016 3rd round pick, and a Quebec League prospect who hasn't been 100% in over a year. Even if the Blue make the WCF, we get their 2014 1st but have to hand over the Wild's 2nd round pick and our 3rd round pick.

Sabres have a lot of "actual trades" make in the next ~20 hours before we can feel good about what they've done.

Someone reporting Ducks might be making move for Kesler! They have alot of players they could give up and still be good next year. I could see them giving up Smith-Pelly, Vitanen, and Etem plus pick to get him.

Looks like the Canucks might be headed for a rebuild soon

Logistically, how many players can we trade tomorrow. Rochester plays tonight Rockford. If we trade Moulson, Halak, Stafford, Ehrhoff, Myers, etc., can the Sabres get enough Amerks down to Florida in time for the game?

I thought the same thing. I'm still skeptical, but it definitely just became more likely.

Separately: Luongo's take-home pay just increased by about 20% and his peace and quiet quotient just increased by about 10000%.

My first thought was Vanek going to the Ducks to play with Perry Getzaf.

Wrong thread, rook.

Dreger reporting something doesn't really make it a rumor. He has good sources and if he is tweeting that I think it belongs in the actual trades thread. From now however I will keep those posts in the other one if it will make people happy.

Dreger reporting something doesn't really make it a rumor. He has good sources and if he is tweeting that I think it belongs in the actual trades thread. From now however I will keep those posts in the other one if it will make people happy.

Since it's not an actual trade it should go in the speculation thread.

I think Moulson is a better pickup over Vanek. Cheaper, not as flaky and more consistent. Vanek is too streaky and too slow and too soft.

As for Canucks rebuilding, if they move Kesler and Edler their rebuild will be mild and they could be back quickly. If they don't, then the Sabres are already ahead of them. This next 24 hours is huge for gillis and the team. If he gets nothing done, he's done.

Yeah, this one is for completed deals.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.