Trade Deadline 2014

LGR4GM

The pick situation of Miller:

Miller does not make the WCF and does not resign and is not traded

nothing for 3rd (STL- 2016)

Miller does make the WCF and/or does resign and/or is traded

2nd (MIN - 2014), 3rd (BUF - 2016) for their 1st (STL - 2014)

Miller does not make the WCF, is not traded but resigns after the draft

nothing for 2nd (STL - 2016)

Edited by ThirtyEight

Quick question, does anyone remember who on this board made bets with one another that the Rangers would win a Cup in a certain amount of time/what the details of that bet were? I'm not saying the Rangers will this year, but they desperately needed offense and got it with St.Louis

The pick situation of Miller:

Miller does not make the WCF and does not resign and is not traded

nothing for 3rd (STL- 2016)

Miller does make the WCF and/or does resign and/or is traded

2nd (MIN - 2014), 3rd (BUF - 2016) for their 1st (STL - 2014)

Miller does not make the WCF, is not traded but resigns after the draft

nothing for 2nd (STL - 2016)

So, let's say that you're the Blues' GM, you missed the ECF this year, it's approaching the draft and you have agreed, in principle, to a deal with Miller. Do you hold off on filing the paperwork for a few days? Would you rather give up a (likely) late 2nd in a couple of years instead of trading your late first this year for a late 2nd this year and (likely) early 3rd in a couple of years?

Edited by carpandean

Timmy Murray wanted to make sure he was the most important 'M' in the Sabres organization.

The most important M in the Sabres organization will always be meddling.

Quick question, does anyone remember who on this board made bets with one another that the Rangers would win a Cup in a certain amount of time/what the details of that bet were? I'm not saying the Rangers will this year, but they desperately needed offense and got it with St.Louis

Drane and I had something, would have to look up the details. I'm still fully confident I'm going to win it.

Present...

TrueBluePhD gave me 5/2 on the Rangers winning the Cup within 3 years. Last year was year #1.

Agreed. If handled correctly from the beginning, it could have been 2 or 3.

The only one who even might be is Foligno.

That was never a realistic time frame. If you believed it could take on 2 or 3 years you underestimated the damage Regier had done. The stripping down is finally complete.

The upside in all of this is that if things play out perfectly in our favor, we could have THREE first round picks in 2015. That is bonkers.

It should be bonkers. Remember when we had 3 first round picks in two consecutive years and got John Tucker in the 2nd round. That didn't end well.

Edited by tom webster

So, let's say that you're the Blues' GM, you missed the ECF this year, it's approaching the draft and you have agreed, in principle, to a deal with Miller. Do you hold off on filing the paperwork for a few days? Would you rather give up a (likely) late 2nd in a couple of years instead of trading your late first this year for a late 2nd this year and (likely) early 3rd in a couple of years?

Dangerous with the few days of chatting before FA. Or is that courtship period also after the draft? Also, would Miller agree to do that? Would he dick-over a franchise that loved him for 12 years, which is already bottom in the NHL?

Edited by ThirtyEight

Murray will have a spend around $25 million to the minimum cap next season of $52 million. The Sabres can sign a few veteran free agents to blend in with the young guys. The total transformation of the Sabres is complete.

Give Tallinder a one year $25 million extension.

Give Tallinder a one year $25 million extension.

Haha nice.

I don't know if it's because of him or not but Christ Myers is playing so much better the past couple of months that if it was due to him then pay the man!!

Miller

Ott

Moulson

Mcnabb

Mccormick

Parker

2014 LA 2nd

2015 LA 2nd

2015 3rd

2015 2nd (conditional)

2016 3rd (conditional)

for

Fasching

Deslauriers

Carrier

Stewart

Neuvirth

Mitchell

Klesa

2014 WPG 2nd

2015 MIN 2nd

2014 WAS 6th

2015 STL 1st

2014 STL 1st (Conditional)

Okay I think that includes everything haha. Sorry it took a few times

The race to stay at the bottom is in full progress. The Sabres are clearly trying for Connor McDavid and I'm all for it. What I liked was moving the UFA's for something tangible. What I didn't like was the high price paid in the McNabb trade to LA. Murray must think Fasching will be a star. I hope so, but this was a big price to pay.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.