• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

I understand and while I don't care to much about Halak one way or another, Nolan just may be able to get the most out of Stewart.

GO SABRES!!!

Agreed. Stewart doesn't have to be a piece that is moved as he still has term left. Not looking good on much return for Halak though.

I understand and while I don't care to much about Halak one way or another, Nolan just may be able to get the most out of Stewart.

GO SABRES!!!

Just in time for his UFA year to hit in 2015 an sign with a contender for more $. Unfortunately, the only way to get players for a rebuild is to lock up their rights for multiple years.

I still think the Wild are in play for Halak and Brodeur. Bryz is just a failsafe should both those deals fall through tomorrow. IMO it changes nothing.

No chance. They aren't going to acquire another. Just to cut Bryzgalov after giving up a fourth round pick for him? No.

Just in time for his UFA year to hit in 2015 an sign with a contender for more $. Unfortunately, the only way to get players for a rebuild is to lock up their rights for multiple years.

That's true, but we can push a trade with OTT or whoever back to the trade deadline if need be. I don't really think of Stewart as your prototypical deadline rental type player anyways. He may still go before tomorrow but if not then I think something can happen in the summer if that's the way TM wants to go.

How many goalies are they going to have?

Kuemper, Backstrom, Harding, Bryz?

This move likely means that Harding won't play again this year. Backstrom might not either. Kuemper is the starter going forward.

I still think the Wild are in play for Halak and Brodeur. Bryz is just a failsafe should both those deals fall through tomorrow. IMO it changes nothing.

I'm inclined to agree. I don't think Bryzgalov really helps Minnesota at all. With Backstrom hurting and Harding not likely to come back this season, I could see them putting Backstrom on IR and bringing in another goalie along with Bryz.

Well they could get Brodeur and Halak and be the first team ever to start a game with only goalies on the ice.............

At least the ensuing 5 on 3 when the other teams calls them on the size of the sticks will be well-defended.

Well, if Stewart should end up being a highly coveted FA, then it means Nolan did his job with him and we'd have the inside track on retaining him. Nice problem to have. There are worse things than Stewart getting it together.

GO SABRES!!!