• Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

Halak to the Penguins, maybe?

(while I think Ek is generally worthless, this time of year his website provides a lot of entertainment value)

has their injured backup come back yet or do they still have a rookie behind Fleury?

Its possible, but I don't see a return of much more then mid level picks

I would say they keep Bryz and its harding or backstrom the Sabres would have to get back, it would make the move to obtain Bryz useless

Could TM be interested in Kuemper though?

I'd love Kuemper. I don't think the Wild want to give up two of their goalie prospects to us in the course of a year though.

I just read on HF that the Sabres are at the max number allowed in retaining salary. Someone cited Miller, Vanek, and Pommers. Anyone know if this is true? That could impact some potential deals, no?

GO SABRES!!!

I would say they keep Bryz and its harding or backstrom the Sabres would have to get back, it would make the move to obtain Bryz useless

Could TM be interested in Kuemper though?

Talk on the Hockeys Future board is that the Sabres were interested in Kuemper in the Pominville trade last year but got Hackett instead.

Just perusing since that board was linked above...

I just read on HF that the Sabres are at the max number allowed in retaining salary. Someone cited Miller, Vanek, and Pommers. Anyone know if this is true? That could impact some potential deals, no?

GO SABRES!!!

That is true. You are only allowed 3 and we used them. Salary trades now have to be actual players.

has their injured backup come back yet or do they still have a rookie behind Fleury?

Its possible, but I don't see a return of much more then mid level picks

Not sure. They play Fleury every night for the most part. I think Vokoun is back or will be back soon?

Not sure. They play Fleury every night for the most part. I think Vokoun is back or will be back soon?

I know they have alot invested in Fleury but man he seems to cumble in the playoffs every year. I would think Halak would be a nice insurance policy if they can get him for the right price.

We've acquired 16 1st/2nd round picks from the 2013 (last year) to 2015 drafts! ...and we're interested in getting more?! Stockpiling high draft picks is great, but there has to be a satiation point.

I can only hope that the plan is to bundle lower picks to move up in these next two drafts.

Don't forget in 2-4 years when we need to bring in some experienced talent to further our push for a Stanley Cup other teams will be tanking and we will have a pipeline of prospects to trade

I don't think anyone in their right mind is going to give up more than a 4th for Halak. What starter is he better than on any playoff team? He needs to stay with the Sabres to back-up Enroth in 2015 on the march for Connor M. Maybe Enroth gets moved? TM likes taller goalies. Enroth might be the only guy in the league under 6 foot.

Better question is what is going to happen to Matt Hackett. Nathan L. has outplayed him in Rochester. Maybe package Hackett, Grigorenko and two 2nds to Calgary for their 2015 1st.

Reading a lot of chatter that all the ANA moves are to make room for Vanek. Hope that happens today to give a boost to the Moulson value leading up to tomorrow.

Kevin Allen ‏@ByKevinAllen · 1m

With Bryzgalov going to Minnesota and Fasth going to Edmonton, the goalie market may be closed.

@TSNRyanRishaug: Oilers in a tight spot tonite. Only have one goalie in town now, not sure if Fasth can get here.

Does that mean that EDM has hit rock bottom as well if they sign a street FA for tonight? :rolleyes:

BREAKING NEWS: Edmonton Oilers acquire G Ryan Vinz from BUF for a 7th round pick