• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

Saw this on TSNs website and it made me laugh (If true its nice to see there are some GMs with a sense of humor

@TSNJFranklin: RT @Nsafaei10: Ray Shero has told Vancouver he'll best any offer they get for Kesler Mike Gillis replied : Steve Yzerman offered us Stamko…

Another good one from TSN

@FarhanLaljiTSN: RT @ctv_jasonpires: After acquiring Costello from Ottawa - Canucks should also pick up Spencer Abbott from Toronto. Would sum up season #A

We are going to struggle to get to the cap floor, we don't need a salary dump. Drew is better than a third rounder. Unless it is a decent offer there is no reason to get rid of him. Someone has to play hockey for us

So they give Ellis a one year deal for $6 million to reach the cap floor for next season.

I'll pay you to go to my lab for me, 1:30-4:30, DLR room 2 :P

DLR is the only place I never took a class in. Well I had Psych in there until I got to class and he told us there was a $300 book that he forgot to list on the bookstore. Dropped it quick.

John Shannon @JSportsnet

Hearing Phoenix is kicking tires on Hemsky.

Said last night to a friend that Hemsky or Stempniak are such Phoenix players in my mind. One will end up there I bet.

I am somewhat surprised by the deals that have been today but if it is any indication tomorrow could be a firestorm. That all depends on how many guys are traded today and how many remain tomorrow.

Moulson, Vanek, Gaborik, Halak, Stafford, Ehrhoff, Kesler, Callahan, Setoguchi, Stastny, Robidas, and Vatanen

This is the short list of guys that seem to be getting a lot of attention on twitter from various teams and sources.

Dallas Stars@DallasStars 1m

BREAKING:#Stars acquire conditional 4th rd pick in 2014 NHL Draft from Anaheim in exchange for Stephane Robidas. READ:http://ow.ly/ueJCP

Something has to "give" on defense.

Myers is the leader of the hen house. You then have blue chip guys: Risto, Zadorov and McCabe. Then you have Pysyk -- a serviceable 3rd, 4th or 5th guy. Then you have McNabb or Brady Austin as your stay at home shot blocking 5th and 6th guys. This all mean that they have five solid guys for the 2016 season. To me, Pysyk has real value and should be moved. And maybe McNabb as well. It would be interesting to see if the Oil or Flames bite on either of these young WHL fellas. Again, the goal is to get Connor M. next year -- nothing else.

Those guys didn't make us a better team? You sure?

I'm quite sure they didn't make the Sabres top 8 in the NHL, or for that matter top 8 in the EC.

They sure went places when they were pieces of a team and not the best players on the team, though.

Yes indeedly. But Minny's other pieces aren't nearly as good as the Sabres' other pieces were at that time though.

I'm rock hard right now. I really hope Stafford gets dealt. Too bad we already used all of our salary retention. Oh well. I'll take a salary dump and a 3rd for Drewby any day.

Dude! No thank you!

If LA and Ottawa pass, I'm callin Moulson to Phoenix.

Not sure that there are any other big dominoes to fall here.

Probably nobody left who will pay much for Halak.

Ehrhoff and Myers will probably be worth more at the draft, and Stewart and Stafford at the deadline next year.

If LA and Ottawa pass, I'm callin Moulson to Phoenix.

Not sure that there are any other big dominoes to fall here.

Probably nobody left who will pay much for Halak.

Ehrhoff and Myers will probably be worth more at the draft, and Stewart and Stafford at the deadline next year.

Disagree on Stewart. His value won't be higher than it is now.

I think Moulson and Stewart go and Halak stays just to walk in free agency.

Edited by Tankalicious

Agree, Stewart needs to go right now. And he should have never played last night.

And isn't it interesting how had Stafford all the sudden is playing hard!? Loafs all season and turns it up when he needs a new salary or wants to be traded. He needs to go this deadline.

Edited by nhl2012

So they give Ellis a one year deal for $6 million to reach the cap floor for next season.

Heh, I said something like that awhile back, except it was Scott. I kinda want to see it happen just to see Mike Milbury's head explode.

Something has to "give" on defense.

Myers is the leader of the hen house. You then have blue chip guys: Risto, Zadorov and McCabe. Then you have Pysyk -- a serviceable 3rd, 4th or 5th guy. Then you have McNabb or Brady Austin as your stay at home shot blocking 5th and 6th guys. This all mean that they have five solid guys for the 2016 season. To me, Pysyk has real value and should be moved. And maybe McNabb as well. It would be interesting to see if the Oil or Flames bite on either of these young WHL fellas. Again, the goal is to get Connor M. next year -- nothing else.

I'm sorry, but unless I'm mistaken McCabe and Austin haven't played an NHL game yet and McNabb didn't look like a shoe-in last time he was up. Of those, maybe 4 have a good shot at the NHL, the rest are unknown.